Thumbs Up

BURRUM WINDFEST 2018 25TH APRIL - 30 TH APRIL

9 DAYS UNTIL THE ENTRIES OPEN

windwanderers.org.au/public/schedule/events/15817-burrum-windfest-2018

WindWanderers
QLD, 357 posts
14 Mar 2018 9:29PM
Thumbs Up

We are very pleased to announce a major sponsorship by NEIL PRYDE.

The event will be known as

NEIL PRYDE BURRUM WINDFEST 2018
supported by
Sunshine Coast Boardsports and Surf FX

Our major prize this year is a NEIL PRYDE FOIL. As in previous years this will be allocated in a random draw. They have also generously donated lots of other prizes for the random draws.

With the continued support of KA 72 we will be introducing a new division - POINT TO POINT.
Two software generated imaginary lines will be drawn on the course and KA 72 will measure the fastest sailor over this distance.

More information coming.

Mark Richo
QLD, 3 posts
25 Mar 2018 2:36PM
Thumbs Up

Oxford Dictionary definition says; Change course away from the wind, "we have borne away a little to make best speed"

Sports Definitions says; Steering the board away from the wind.

Have my ticket, looking forward to another big Burrum week. Big thank you to the volunteers who make it happen, always a great event.

WindWanderers
QLD, 357 posts
26 Mar 2018 10:21AM
Thumbs Up

supported by
software donated by KA72

minor sponsors - Surf Connect, Elders Burrum Heads, Foodworks Burrum Heads, Windsurfing Sales

For our random Neil Pryde is donating a NEIL PRYDE FOIL as the major prize as well as there being lots of other great prizes available. Sunshine Coast Boardsports and Surf FX will be conducting come and try foiling sessions in the mornings before the course opens.

With the continued support of KA 72 we are introducing a new division - POINT TO POINT. Two software generated imaginary lines will be drawn on the course and KA 72 will measure the fastest sailor over this distance. The distance of this point to point will be determined by daily wind conditions and discussed at briefings.

You can find The Notice of Race for general info about the event -- www.windwanderers.org.au/public/schedule/events/15817-neil-pryde-burrum-windfest-2018

We have asked Seabreeze to delete some of the previous posts. If you have a question or need clarification about anything that appears in the NOR feel free to email us and we will get back to you quickly in regard to your enquiry. secretary@windwanderers.org.au

If you feel you have to enter into a discussion about another topic with a Seabreeze member or troll please start your own thread.

WindWanderers
QLD, 357 posts
9 Apr 2018 7:20PM
Thumbs Up

supported by
software donated by KA72

Here is an incomplete list of prizes that will be available in our random draw. We will post a complete list as soon as we have it available.

NEIL PRYDE - major prize WINDFOIL
plus other Neil Pryde items

GATH - 3 x top of the range helmets
LOCOSYS - 2 x GW60
DAKINE - harness plus Tshirts
MYSTIC - harness
WIZMOUNT GO PRO BACK PACKS x 2
WINDWANDERERS - 2 free entries for 2019 event
ELDERS BURRUM HEADS - accomodation vouchers
SURF CONNECT, - T shirts and hats
FOODWORKS Burrum Heads - vouchers
AMANDA DAVIDSON - surf art - original art work plus prints

EARLY BIRD ENTRIES END ON THE 12th APRIL- SO GET YOUR ENTRY IN NOW

Shifu
QLD, 1960 posts
10 Apr 2018 10:08AM
Thumbs Up

The new Point to Point category sounds exciting. I can imagine a fair few sailors going for that.

WindWanderers
QLD, 357 posts
11 Apr 2018 7:32PM
Thumbs Up

supported by
software donated by KA72

See below for an updated list of sponsors

NEIL PRYDE - major prize WINDFOIL
plus other Neil Pryde items

GATH - 3 x top of the range helmets
LOCOSYS - 2 x GW60
DAKINE - harness plus Tshirts
MYSTIC - harness
WIZMOUNT GO PRO BACK PACKS x 2
BLUE EYED SUNGLASSES
SELECT FINS
AVETO GLOVES
FLYING OBJECTS
WINDWANDERERS - 2 free entries for 2019 event
ELDERS BURRUM HEADS - accomodation vouchers
SURF CONNECT, - T shirts and hats
WINDSURFING GEAR -Hervey Bay - harness lines, uphaul, chinook tshirts & mugs
FOODWORKS Burrum Heads - vouchers
AMANDA DAVIDSON - surf art - original art work plus prints

LAST CHANCE FOR EARLY BIRD ENTRIES

WindWanderers
QLD, 357 posts
19 Apr 2018 7:07PM
Thumbs Up

We're getting excited with less than a week to go! We have an amazing prize pool this year. Big thanks gain to our generous sponsors for donating some amazing prizes.

sailpilot
QLD, 783 posts
21 Apr 2018 12:09AM
Thumbs Up

Sounds good, be worth the trip just to try the hover whatsits.
C ya there!

snorkel962
QLD, 460 posts
21 Apr 2018 4:17PM
Thumbs Up

Any thoughts on the likely wind? I'm thinking BIG gear looking at Meteye and Windguru

vando
QLD, 3416 posts
21 Apr 2018 5:07PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
snorkel692 said..
Any thoughts on the likely wind? I'm thinking BIG gear looking at Meteye and Windguru

Bring Everything

Richiefish
QLD, 5610 posts
24 Apr 2018 3:11PM
Thumbs Up

Very pleasant.

Simon100
QLD, 490 posts
24 Apr 2018 4:41PM
Thumbs Up

Hey where are the rules for this event ? can i still enter and can i still be compeditive if i only sail 1 or 2 days ? I cant find teh notice of race. I Really like the sound of the point to point it sounds like a great way to work within the limitations of safe racing and a more genuine speed sailing comp that way too.

WindWanderers
QLD, 357 posts
24 Apr 2018 6:32PM
Thumbs Up

Simon100 said..
Hey where are the rules for this event ? can i still enter and can i still be compeditive if i only sail 1 or 2 days ? I cant find teh notice of race. I Really like the sound of the point to point it sounds like a great way to work within the limitations of safe racing and a more genuine speed sailing comp that way too.

Hi Simon

The notice of race can be found at the link below. You can come for a couple of days but we don't have any day entries - you have to pay the full entry price. The division winners are decided by the single best session over the week. it is not an aggregate score.

Look forward to seeing you here.

windwanderers.tidyhq.com/users/sign_in

Simon100
QLD, 490 posts
24 Apr 2018 7:03PM
Thumbs Up

WindWanderers said..

Simon100 said..

Hi Simon

The notice of race can be found at the link below. You can come for a couple of days but we don't have any day entries - you have to pay the full entry price. The division winners are decided by the single best session over the week. it is not an aggregate score.

That link is asking for sign in details.

WindWanderers
QLD, 357 posts
24 Apr 2018 8:54PM
Thumbs Up

Simon100 said..

WindWanderers said..

Simon100 said..

Hi Simon

That link is asking for sign in details.

Scroll down under the prices to the last line where it says click "here for notice of race"

JustinL
NSW, 467 posts
Site Sponsor
26 Apr 2018 10:00AM
Thumbs Up

It is looking like you guys are going to have a great time this year
Late Friday and Saturday I reckon will be great fun
stay safe, I myself would be further away from the bank on the fast runs
no doubt the serious boys and girls will push it Luderitz style
Im excited to hear how it goes, good luck.
regards J

ka72
QLD, 580 posts
28 Apr 2018 9:51PM
Thumbs Up

ka72
QLD, 580 posts
28 Apr 2018 9:52PM
Thumbs Up

Another fantastic day out on the southern banks followed by a great social BBQ at speed HQ. Loads of prizes were given away also. Thanks so much to the sponsors absolutely stoked with winning a carbon fin from Select. Looks like more wind for tomorrow

greenleader
QLD, 5283 posts
28 Apr 2018 10:14PM
Thumbs Up

The bank

sboardcrazy
NSW, 8021 posts
29 Apr 2018 9:50AM
Thumbs Up

Looks great!

Richiefish
QLD, 5610 posts
29 Apr 2018 9:57AM
Thumbs Up

Love my Flying Objects board bag...Thankyou to all the sponsors..

F2
QLD, 209 posts
29 Apr 2018 8:04PM
Thumbs Up

Well done to everybody at the Burrum contest, the best one ever, so great to see so many happy people and some very good wind, see you all next year.

ballast
QLD, 500 posts
29 Apr 2018 9:02PM
Thumbs Up

Awesome event. Thanks to the organisers and sponsors.
Amazing venue and great bunch of people.
Book me in for next year thanks.

snorkel962
QLD, 460 posts
29 Apr 2018 9:27PM
Thumbs Up

Another huge thanks to the organisers and sponsors. What a superb three days of sailing with a great vibe - back again next year!

Haggar
QLD, 1664 posts
29 Apr 2018 9:48PM
Thumbs Up

Another great day on the water today, foiling efforts from Rob, DJ and Max thanks again SHQ, Boardsports and Surf FX

Dezza
NSW, 928 posts
30 Apr 2018 12:46AM
Thumbs Up

Simon100
QLD, 490 posts
30 Apr 2018 8:50AM
Thumbs Up

Where are the results ?

Simon100
QLD, 490 posts
30 Apr 2018 8:50AM
Thumbs Up

Where are the results ?

Alewi62
QLD, 158 posts
1 May 2018 9:34PM
Thumbs Up

There is lots of unedited drone footage on you tube. Go to the Wndwanderers facebook site or follow the link below

www.facebook.com/groups/windwanderers/

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Queensland

"Burrum Windfest 2018" started by WindWanderers