Forums > Windsurfing Queensland

Burrum Windfest 2018

Created by WindWanderers > 9 months ago, 5 Mar 2018
BRUCE H
NSW, 179 posts
2 May 2018 7:07AM
Thumbs Up

Great video Dezza. Fantastic event. Beautiful place.

vando
QLD, 3416 posts
2 May 2018 6:28PM
Thumbs Up

Another awesome Event
4 days of wind along a 4km bank doesn't get much better
big thanks to all the organizers and sponsors.

Won the GW-60 thanks Locosys

WindWanderers
QLD, 357 posts
2 May 2018 6:35PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks to the 47 competitors who came along and joined in the fun this year, was a fantastic event.

5x10 Dvision Winners
Legends John Scott tt 30.91
Masters Phil Nott 33.48
Open Chris Kerin 34.36
Ladies Kellie Tusler 28.87
Novice Paul Craig 22.94
Juniors Dylan Tusler 25.74

The new point to point category worked well first place names below
Legends winner John Scott 29.91
Masters David Pettigrew 32.12
Open Chris Kerin 33.84
Ladies Kellie Tusler 29.45
Novice Paul Craig 21.58
Junior Dylan Tusler 24.36 (very close in the Junior division with Max Irvine in 2nd place recording a time of 24.22)

full results for hour, nautical mile and overall can be found at link below on ka72.com
www.ka72.com/Competitions/ResultsPage/groupid/53

WindWanderers
QLD, 357 posts
2 May 2018 6:38PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks to Dylan from Ka72 who piloted the WindWanderers club drone to get some great footage of the event. This is a quick unedited clip of the first day out on the bank.

Dezza
NSW, 928 posts
2 May 2018 8:12PM
Thumbs Up

still on my way home and watching the drone footage tonight, soooo cool , just wanted to say a huge thank you to the Windwanders club, you guys put in a lot of work to make the event fun for everyone, from on the water to on the ground, the evening bbq's and drinks were great, the sailing was AWESOME, and the people were GREAT, thanks very much, loved every moment. And love my new blueeye sunglasses, thank you!

waricle
WA, 732 posts
3 May 2018 3:01PM
Thumbs Up

Four fabulous days sailing. Thanks to the organisers for a slick well run event and thanks to the generosity of the sponsors. Love my Gath hemet and Chinook mug -coffee with cred!
The wind was great, sailors friendly and a PB, doesn't get any better than that. Finished up Monday night with dinner at the pub

F2
QLD, 209 posts
3 May 2018 7:48PM
Thumbs Up

I would like to thank everybody who came to Burrum this year, it was for me the best Burrum contest in the 11 years that i have been involved in, hope you all can come back year again, it was so great to see so many happy people this year and some really good sailing for everybody.

Philnott
NSW, 121 posts
3 May 2018 9:03PM
Thumbs Up

Great Event and great location. Thanks to all the organisers who gave up sailing to run the event. The ultimate sacrifice!!!!
A few more photos salvaged from some pretty shaky video

sailpilot
QLD, 783 posts
3 May 2018 10:02PM
Thumbs Up

Yep, a big thanks from me too. Fantastic organisation and support with the sponsors. Im sure some of those stuck on the bank helping out would have rather been sailing so thanks again guys.
(slow) Phil

snorkel962
QLD, 460 posts
6 May 2018 6:48AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
F2 said..
I would like to thank everybody who came to Burrum this year, it was for me the best Burrum contest in the 11 years that i have been involved in, hope you all can come back year again, it was so great to see so many happy people this year and some really good sailing for everybody.

I'd like to again thank the committee, volunteers and sponsors for such a fabulous event and the sailors for a great vibe on and off the water. The moment we have an inkling of dates for next year I'll be booking my leave! Remember if you're coming through NQ say hi!

WindWanderers
QLD, 357 posts
6 May 2018 8:50PM
Thumbs Up

Edits from the drone footage.

vando
QLD, 3416 posts
6 May 2018 10:51PM
Thumbs Up

Noice Vid
Bank looks awesome from the air

WindWanderers
QLD, 357 posts
31 May 2018 5:32PM
Thumbs Up

Windfest 2019 Dates Monday 18 March to Saturday 23 March 2019
The Saturday will be a reserve day, used only if there is no result from the previous five days.
Photos can be downloaded from www.windfest.info/

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Queensland

"Burrum Windfest 2018" started by WindWanderers