Forums > Windsurfing Queensland

QLD Raceboard Champ. 2015

Created by tonymatta > 9 months ago, 9 Mar 2015
cammd
QLD, 3700 posts
21 Apr 2015 8:33PM
Thumbs Up

Lara said she plans to. I think Dave said Jo might be i think its safe to assume you will get some female entries

da vecta
QLD, 2512 posts
22 Apr 2015 11:02AM
Thumbs Up

I think also Wayne said Emma is coming up too. He was looking for a house to rent.

bc
QLD, 700 posts
22 Apr 2015 9:55PM
Thumbs Up

Unfortunately want make The states this year, hope you all have fun

KRUZA
QLD, 68 posts
23 Apr 2015 1:40AM
Thumbs Up

Yes Emma will be there and I think Shari is coming too.
Maybe Reece as well and they will all be on RSX.

grich62
QLD, 665 posts
26 Apr 2015 8:38PM
Thumbs Up

hi guys and gals how is this racing looking this weekend we are coming down from townsville but dont know what to bring have old race boards and saloms and hope to catch up with old friends some advice would be nice

cammd
QLD, 3700 posts
26 Apr 2015 10:38PM
Thumbs Up

Should be great weekend at the lake. Bring your raceboard

WindsurfingQLD
198 posts
28 Apr 2015 8:43AM
Thumbs Up

Looks like it will be a great weekend. Have fun and good luck to all the competitors.

tonymatta
QLD, 358 posts
29 Apr 2015 9:53PM
Thumbs Up

For those attending the championship.
The clubhouse bar will be open Saturday night.
Food will be available from the Boreen Point Shop or you can bring your own.
The Barbeque on the deck will be on if you want to cook something.

For those who can't get there for both days, you are welcome to just come for either Saturday or Sunday only.
It is always a friendly and fun event.

Zane84
QLD, 16 posts
30 Apr 2015 7:48PM
Thumbs Up

this rain is wrecking my camping plans
fingers crossed for some sun on the weekend

brynoz
QLD, 177 posts
30 Apr 2015 8:09PM
Thumbs Up

Looks dismal but I'm hopeful.

rww
QLD, 85 posts
30 Apr 2015 8:33PM
Thumbs Up

For anybody planning to brave the weather and arrive early..

The clubhouse bar will be open Friday night.. rain, hail or shine!!

da vecta
QLD, 2512 posts
30 Apr 2015 10:21PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Zane84 said...
this rain is wrecking my camping plans
fingers crossed for some sun on the weekend

It will also impact on my accomadation too as I might have to close the sunroof if this keeps up.

Zane84
QLD, 16 posts
1 May 2015 7:40PM
Thumbs Up

was going to come for a warm up sail today but just didn't make it happen.

AntsC
QLD, 114 posts
1 May 2015 8:40PM
Thumbs Up

How is it looking for tomorrow?

cammd
QLD, 3700 posts
1 May 2015 9:04PM
Thumbs Up

Weather should have passed on by tomorrow. Will be a good weekend

brynoz
QLD, 177 posts
3 May 2015 5:24PM
Thumbs Up

Nice weekend for relaxing at the lake.

snorkel962
QLD, 452 posts
4 May 2015 8:57AM
Thumbs Up

GRich 62 are you from Townsville or just passing through? Be great to do a bit of RB sailing up in the Ville- there are a few in the region who are around!

cammd
QLD, 3700 posts
4 May 2015 1:23PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks Tony for organising it and thanks boardcrazy for sponsoring it. As always LCSC put on a great event at a awesome location.

Bones are a bit sore today those light wind regattas are often more physically demanding than you think.

tonymatta
QLD, 358 posts
4 May 2015 6:01PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks everyone who came to compete at this years Queensland Raceboard Championship.
Jaime Metcher won the Mens 9.5m division.
Shari O'Brien won the Womens 8.5m division.
Josh Green won the 7.8m division on his windsurfer one design.
Thanks to Board Crazy for sponsorship again this year.

Also thanks to Kerry and Roger who came up from NSW to participate.
Full results below.

jmetcher
QLD, 144 posts
4 May 2015 6:46PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks to Tony, LCSC and Board Crazy. Check out that results sheet - that's 19 competitors, largely due to Tony's efforts in promoting (and equipping!) the hybrid class. Kudos also to all who put in a pretty big effort to get there, most notably the Wally crew from Sydney and the Baillies' epic 9 hr trek through the storm from Brissie. Special mentions also to Catherine, who must have had the most frustrating Sunday ever but was still smiling at the end of it, and Lara for her epic pumping masterclass.

rww
QLD, 85 posts
4 May 2015 8:23PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
jmetcher said..
Thanks to Tony, LCSC and Board Crazy. Check out that results sheet - that's 19 competitors, largely due to Tony's efforts in promoting (and equipping!) the hybrid class. Kudos also to all who put in a pretty big effort to get there, most notably the Wally crew from Sydney and the Baillies' epic 9 hr trek through the storm from Brissie. Special mentions also to Catherine, who must have had the most frustrating Sunday ever but was still smiling at the end of it, and Lara for her epic pumping masterclass.

Yep... A big thanks to Tony for his tireless efforts in organising and promoting the event, and to those who made the effort to get to THE Lake and make it the success that it was!!

grich62
QLD, 665 posts
4 May 2015 9:00PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
snorkel692 said..
GRich 62 are you from Townsville or just passing through? Be great to do a bit of RB sailing up in the Ville- there are a few in the region who are around!

yes im from tsv done my back weds and could not walk thurs drugged up an made it to gingin friday went down and watched on sunday for awhile am heading back to tsv now

da vecta
QLD, 2512 posts
4 May 2015 9:04PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks Tony and LCSC. Well done Jamie, Shari and Josh.

duncansayers
61 posts
5 May 2015 9:32AM
Thumbs Up

Thanks everyone for coming up to sail at the Lake. Was great to have a big fleet of boards to sail against instead of the usual mixed bunch of rafts (A class cats etc.) and dinghys.

My blisters are healing nicely - that last race was a trial!

A plug for Julie Hartwig... She turns up for all our regattas and spends all weekend on the start boat getting some fantastic images. Her photos from this weekend are now up on her site - 10 bucks each for a digital copy for personal use.

www.juliehartwigphotography.ifp3.com/#/gallery/2015-queensland-sailboard-championships

rww
QLD, 85 posts
5 May 2015 12:30PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
duncansayers said..
Thanks everyone for coming up to sail at the Lake. Was great to have a big fleet of boards to sail against instead of the usual mixed bunch of rafts (A class cats etc.) and dinghys.

My blisters are healing nicely - that last race was a trial!

A plug for Julie Hartwig... She turns up for all our regattas and spends all weekend on the start boat getting some fantastic images. Her photos from this weekend are now up on her site - 10 bucks each for a digital copy for personal use.

www.juliehartwigphotography.ifp3.com/#/gallery/2015-queensland-sailboard-championships

Yeah... Having 18 other boards to sail with was great. Come back again soon, when our season starts up again in August... don't wait until another state championships!!

Have purchased an image from Julie already!!

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Queensland

"QLD Raceboard Champ. 2015" started by tonymatta