Forums > Windsurfing Queensland

Sandstone Seabreezers

Created by Paddles B'mere > 9 months ago, 14 Nov 2015
Paddles B'mere
QLD, 3586 posts
21 Mar 2016 9:12PM
Thumbs Up

Listen to the voices in your head Lee " ............... work's an intrusion ........... work's an intrusion .............. work's an intrusion ..............."

waricle
WA, 732 posts
22 Mar 2016 4:29PM
Thumbs Up

What do you bring?
went sailing at Bongaree this afternoon at low tide and took three sails, 8.2. 7.0. 6.0 and a 140 naish freewide. I was planing less than half the time on the 8.2 ( my biggest ) and thought "if I brought my F2 course race xxl board I would be on the plane 100% of the time"
what do you bring??? EVERY BLOODY THING, the kitchen sink, EVERYTHING.......

Orange Whip
QLD, 1044 posts
22 Mar 2016 6:50PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
waricle said..
What do you bring?
went sailing at Bongaree this afternoon at low tide and took three sails, 8.2. 7.0. 6.0 and a 140 naish freewide. I was planing less than half the time on the 8.2 ( my biggest ) and thought "if I brought my F2 course race xxl board I would be on the plane 100% of the time"
what do you bring??? EVERY BLOODY THING, the kitchen sink, EVERYTHING.......

Yep, learnt that lesson. I've gotta get a trailer

Paddles B'mere
QLD, 3586 posts
22 Mar 2016 8:18PM
Thumbs Up

We've all learnt that lesson Pete.

JVJohnnie
QLD, 54 posts
23 Mar 2016 2:38AM
Thumbs Up

Never stops . Got the enclosed trailer and gotta figure out what to take out cause l can,t fit in it anymore when it rains...Wanted to buy. 2.4 by 1.2 m approx insulated panels and fold up boat ladder , caravan windows and whirly bird for top of trailer. Smoke oven , camp fridge , deep cell battery, 240 volt inverter and roll out awnings. Plus modern 120 litre board , 5'5 and 6.5 sail and rig.plus 400 low mcs 2 piece for my son. ..... Mmmmmmmm.....but....... works an intrusion..... works an intrusion ,.....works an intrusion.

JVJohnnie
QLD, 54 posts
26 Mar 2016 11:05AM
Thumbs Up

Hi all. Great boating weather. Got a light wind option for you. Mentioed it to those that l have seen at the water recently but been no wind. My son and l are in bribie waters enjoying the sushine and light winds on a 38 ft sloop. All sandstone seabreezers that We have met recently including wives or kids are welcome aboard to a limit of 5 people at a time.
The boat sleeps 8 and has hot shower and fridge etc and very spacious and comfy below with sleeping and fishing gear on board. have no dates set but may go to moreton early next week but otherwise be moored in passage or close proximity. Next big blow we intend to use the boat as a vantage pt for photos and tie off rigs etc with my trailer onshore and will anchor between bongaree and sandstone. The boat is white , single mast, and called total eclipse. Email me to see if we can work something out if you are interested
. Only open to anyone l have met but yes Jason that includes you.

AvB
QLD, 89 posts
27 Mar 2016 7:35AM
Thumbs Up

Very nice offer Jono!

waricle
WA, 732 posts
29 Mar 2016 6:00PM
Thumbs Up

Ill look out for you JV!

wadem
QLD, 65 posts
30 Mar 2016 12:18PM
Thumbs Up

I should be able to get out in the light winds now.

ballast
QLD, 500 posts
30 Mar 2016 12:21PM
Thumbs Up

Bargain too.

Nice one!

Paddles B'mere
QLD, 3586 posts
30 Mar 2016 1:27PM
Thumbs Up

Good stuff Wade

wadem
QLD, 65 posts
1 Apr 2016 9:16PM
Thumbs Up

Maybe im a bit slow but I just realised you can overlay the tides and wind on willy weather. Makes life easier.

Paddles B'mere
QLD, 3586 posts
1 Apr 2016 9:41PM
Thumbs Up

Sunday arvo session Wade? Looks like it'll be windy from lunchtime.

Adam roofer
QLD, 157 posts
4 Apr 2016 6:19PM
Thumbs Up

Great day sailing on Sunday when out with JV on a yacht left Bongaree in the morning in light wind went out to Gilligans lsand wind pick up then went to Radcliffe then came back to Bongaree thanks to johnoo for a great day.

waricle
WA, 732 posts
4 Apr 2016 5:06PM
Thumbs Up

Typical days sailing, rigged a 6.6 konsept on a 120 l slalom board and went out, first run about 20 kts of breeze I blew out the panel above the mast, went back in and changed to a 7.0 freeride ezzy and the wind dropped ad didn't pick up till we were loadiNg the boards on the roof- of course!

Can you tell when we were on the water???

Paddles B'mere
QLD, 3586 posts
4 Apr 2016 7:59PM
Thumbs Up

Oh dear, I looked at the wind graph before I got to your post Pete and already knew what happened, and now it's blowing again.

Paddles B'mere
QLD, 3586 posts
11 Apr 2016 7:47AM
Thumbs Up

Looking good for later in the week for Sandstone regulars, who's up for a sail?

AvB
QLD, 89 posts
11 Apr 2016 9:50AM
Thumbs Up

Hmm, could be good for Janet and me if the wind is there on Thurs ...

jirvin4505
QLD, 1087 posts
11 Apr 2016 11:55AM
Thumbs Up

Wednesday is good. Thursday will be after night shift so I will see how it goes
Cheers Jeff

Paddles B'mere
QLD, 3586 posts
11 Apr 2016 5:06PM
Thumbs Up

Mmmmmmmmm, works slowed down to where I mightn't be missed on Wednesday either. Adam's keen this week and so is Pete

waricle
WA, 732 posts
11 Apr 2016 4:47PM
Thumbs Up

Hanging out for wed
Getting sick of gardening,
driving to the tip,
mowing,
weeding,

Paddles B'mere
QLD, 3586 posts
12 Apr 2016 5:45PM
Thumbs Up

Jeff is heading to Sandstone around midday and I'm going to join him if anyone's keen tomorrow.

waricle
WA, 732 posts
12 Apr 2016 4:58PM
Thumbs Up

Looking good for tomorrow

Adam roofer
QLD, 157 posts
12 Apr 2016 8:22PM
Thumbs Up

I'm be there after work tomorrow and Thursday

Paddles B'mere
QLD, 3586 posts
13 Apr 2016 6:27PM
Thumbs Up

Another great afternoon of sailing at Sandstone. The usual mid week suspects all showed up and everyone was going very quick in pretty good conditions. I'm a bit knocked up right now but am still hoping to make it to afternoon shift tomorrow for some more. Sails around the 7m mark for most of us and 8.5m for crazy people who really wanted to go fast. My new 38cm Tru Ames stubby fin seems to do the job ok and worked out fantastic in the shallow water, still not as good a performer as the 56cm slalom fin because I could make it go sideways under too much pressure but a total game changer for me on these lower tides.

Enzed
QLD, 35 posts
13 Apr 2016 8:31PM
Thumbs Up

Working and staying in Woorim for a few days. SUP sailed yesterday after work and sailed today on a 75l wave board and 5.3m sail, across the road from where I'm staying, sail left rigged in the garage. What a great place constant wind, no boat traffic, no jet skis, no kiters and cheap accommodation, cant wait till tommorrow. I usually sail in the Goldie.

waricle
WA, 732 posts
13 Apr 2016 7:24PM
Thumbs Up

Great days sailing!
good to sail with the usual suspects.
The wind was consistent and so was the bloody weed. I spent the day trying out a couple of different weed fins.
looking forward to another session tomorrow with more wind I hope.
our newbies are becoming old hands marvellous how they are progressing -And handling the conditions.
I might need a couple more painkillers before bed.....
see you on the water.

waricle
WA, 732 posts
14 Apr 2016 8:38PM
Thumbs Up

waricle
WA, 732 posts
14 Apr 2016 8:39PM
Thumbs Up

waricle
WA, 732 posts
14 Apr 2016 8:41PM