shinobi
151 posts
8 Apr 2014 2:13PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Spokas said..

Reflex5 7.8 riging and tuning guide by Cyril :
?rel=0

Can anybody add English? I can't speak French and wonder how decides about the settings.

@Sean, the 7,8 is indeed beautiful, had 4 sessions with it up to now and I'm loving it. Only my heavy MS 190cm base carbon boom needs to be replaced by another Enigma boom. Having a heavy boom makes racing just so much more tiresome....

KevinD002
226 posts
9 Apr 2014 1:51PM
Thumbs Up

Man these sails look nice!! How much use would it take to "stretch in" a sail before you start finalizing batten tension?

choco
SA, 4032 posts
9 Apr 2014 4:01PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
shinobi said..

Spokas said..

Reflex5 7.8 riging and tuning guide by Cyril :
?rel=0

Can anybody add English? I can't speak French and wonder how decides about the settings.

@Sean, the 7,8 is indeed beautiful, had 4 sessions with it up to now and I'm loving it. Only my heavy MS 190cm base carbon boom needs to be replaced by another Enigma boom. Having a heavy boom makes racing just so much more tiresome....

sounds English to me

seanhogan
QLD, 3424 posts
9 Apr 2014 5:43PM
Thumbs Up

I even sink he'z got quite a good accent...

SeanAUS120
QLD, 753 posts
14 Apr 2014 10:53AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
KevinD002 said..

How much use would it take to "stretch in" a sail before you start finalizing batten tension?

I would say 2-3 decent sessions (1-2 hours on the water) and the sail should be pretty stretched in to get a good guage on batten tension.

KevinD002
226 posts
15 Apr 2014 9:47AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SeanAUS120 said...
KevinD002 said..

How much use would it take to "stretch in" a sail before you start finalizing batten tension?

I would say 2-3 decent sessions (1-2 hours on the water) and the sail should be pretty stretched in to get a good guage on batten tension.

What about tune ups? Every 5 uses?

SeanAUS120
QLD, 753 posts
16 Apr 2014 3:17PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
KevinD002 said..

What about tune ups? Every 5 uses?

Shouldn't need to do them that regularly. The top battens I wouldn't touch for the rest of the life of the sail after you've given them 1-2 tiny turns to get the bulk of the wrinkles out. The main ones that might need tuning are the Reflex battens with the red clip.

Cyril makes a good point that you also need tension the outside tensioner at the edge of the sail, this doesn't really put any tension on the batten itself, but it does flatten the crinkle the sail gets from the Reflex system.

That being said I probably only put my Reflex tensioners out one extra step about once every 3 months with regular sailing.

Hogar
66 posts
25 Apr 2014 9:04PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
vando said..

New Severn Reflex R5 5.6

Great sail! I just got mine 7.0, 7.8, 8.6 & 9.5 and will test them this weekend.

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

"2014 Severn Reflex R5" started by vando