Created by Cuchufleta 2 months ago, 17 Apr 2024
philn
772 posts
3 Jun 2024 1:33AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Jericoa said..

Cuchufleta said..
Managed to pick up my new Quatro Power 114, it will be replacing my Quatro Power 115 2019 (the blue one).

First impressions: looks good, great finish. Bit wider in the rear, last 30 cm. very sharp rails, less width overall, more parallel rails. Like what they did with the centerfin (see photo), bringing it forward in the box, so that it sits under the rear footstrap.

Weight, don't have a fancy scale here, just old fashioned analogue: complete with straps (3) and fins it comes in at around 7.3 kg. Compared to my previous board about 500 grams lighter, nothing spectacular but noticeable (on the dry).

I will be using this mostly on the North Sea, with 5.8 - 6.3 - 6.8.

Very Nice Board Cuchufleta ! On the 6.8 you are going to use, what is the Boom Length ?
Cheers!
I am thinking also to buy either the 114 or the Goya 125, I would prefer the 114 over the Goya to be Honest , but I have a GATOR 7.5 with a Boom of abt 198....

I have a Gator 7.0 and it is a brilliant sail for FSW applications including light wind wave sailing on a 115. The 7.5 has a different layout and looks very much free ride rather than FSW oriented.

Jericoa
5 posts
3 Jun 2024 3:04PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
philn said..

Jericoa said..

Cuchufleta said..
Managed to pick up my new Quatro Power 114, it will be replacing my Quatro Power 115 2019 (the blue one).

First impressions: looks good, great finish. Bit wider in the rear, last 30 cm. very sharp rails, less width overall, more parallel rails. Like what they did with the centerfin (see photo), bringing it forward in the box, so that it sits under the rear footstrap.

Weight, don't have a fancy scale here, just old fashioned analogue: complete with straps (3) and fins it comes in at around 7.3 kg. Compared to my previous board about 500 grams lighter, nothing spectacular but noticeable (on the dry).

I will be using this mostly on the North Sea, with 5.8 - 6.3 - 6.8.

Very Nice Board Cuchufleta ! On the 6.8 you are going to use, what is the Boom Length ?
Cheers!
I am thinking also to buy either the 114 or the Goya 125, I would prefer the 114 over the Goya to be Honest , but I have a GATOR 7.5 with a Boom of abt 198....

I have a Gator 7.0 and it is a brilliant sail for FSW applications including light wind wave sailing on a 115. The 7.5 has a different layout and looks very much free ride rather than FSW oriented.

Thank you philn!

Marsatac
18 posts
9 Jun 2024 4:41PM
Thumbs Up

Hey guys,
So, do anyone have tested the quad yet ? Mostly interested in the 94 / 104 volumes. How do they compare to the last ones 22/23 ?
Do they plane as early (the 94 had an awesome get up & go and overall glide) ? Do they surf as well in imperfect conditions (getting and keeping speed through turns) ? Or are they a step back in those areas with more side shore oriented performances (wich were still awesome IMO) ?

sprayblaze
149 posts
9 Jun 2024 5:52PM
Thumbs Up

Goya quad 74 2025 or Quatro Cube 74 2025? Which one to choose?

JonesySail
QLD, 1080 posts
10 Jun 2024 1:45PM
Thumbs Up

@ $4260 for a new one , need to take out board mortgage! ...think my current Goya's just doubled in value !

Taavi
229 posts
11 Jun 2024 2:36AM
Thumbs Up

First windsurfing conditions at home this year (the weather system has been *****). Had a first ride with the new Pyramid 81, in some terribly choppy conditions. Playful and fun, the turns are buttery smooth despite the chop that was indeed terrible. Instant like. I feel like my riding skills just improved. Give me better waves now.

Cuchufleta
156 posts
12 Jun 2024 5:55PM
Thumbs Up

Goya, explain a bit about the new Goya Quads and Thrusters:

?si=z9qcnI29KPN1m5CT

Flying Dutchman
WA, 1454 posts
12 Jun 2024 6:38PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Taavi said..
First windsurfing conditions at home this year (the weather system has been *****). Had a first ride with the new Pyramid 81, in some terribly choppy conditions. Playful and fun, the turns are buttery smooth despite the chop that was indeed terrible. Instant like. I feel like my riding skills just improved. Give me better waves now.

Where's that mate, looks super fun.

Board looks like it rips.

Taavi
229 posts
12 Jun 2024 8:15PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Flying Dutchman said..

Taavi said..

Where's that mate, looks super fun.

Board looks like it rips.

At the very far end of one of our islands, in Estonia. With steady and stronger SSW winds we used to get pretty fun conditions there, but this hasn't really happened for a few years already. Not enough steady storms, the wind is always shifting here and there now.

Link to a map:

www.google.com/maps/@58.9429599,22.0501222,152m/data=!3m1!1e3?entry=ttu

Flying Dutchman
WA, 1454 posts
13 Jun 2024 7:11PM
Thumbs Up

Wow sick Taavi what a great looking spot. I never knew Estonia could get so good. Those beaches look epic.

Taavi
229 posts
20 Jun 2024 5:34AM
Thumbs Up

leto
270 posts
Saturday , 29 Jun 2024 12:21AM
Thumbs Up

I can predict the shpil for 2027...

"In 2025 we made the boards much lighter however, this year through extensive research, 2-year testing and AI computational modelling and working with NASA and SpaceX we added more beautiful colors right into the resin keeping same weight".
Huh, probably can be easier to buy Flikka to shortcut to 2027 models but.. lol

I feel these dudes exhausted all selling shpil permutations in the last 20 years. Now I feel what's coming is microchip tech built into the boards core. It's ton of volume there to embed interesting stuff plus walls that don't reflect any waves/signal... So starting with board trackers, iWatch connectors, gps tech, micro gyroscopes/paper thin solar panels to generate electricity you name it ... Let me make it another thread to throw some silly ideas around..

sprayblaze
149 posts
Monday , 1 Jul 2024 2:33PM
Thumbs Up

Come on !! Brawzinho out!! in the opening heats at Pozo!! Wow! This is totally unacceptable but I guess the unbelievable turns believable. Non of the others Goya/Quatro team members is up to the expected too- which is unprecedented. Does this has to do with gear malfunction.... I dont want to be in the Goya/ Quatro headquarters these days..

Taavi
229 posts
Monday , 1 Jul 2024 2:39PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
leto said..

I feel these dudes exhausted all selling shpil permutations in the last 20 years.

No, they haven't exhausted anything. If a 81 L production board now suddenly weights less than a 86 L custom ultralight construction board, then there clearly is something there. The total weight itself is just something that's easy to measure, and compare with others. But there's a lot more than just the total weight. For example, if the nose and the tail of the board become lighter, it makes the board more responsive, easier to whip it around. You may not appreciate it of course, if that's your thing. I'd suggest to ride and experience the change yourself.

And you mean "these dudes," right? ;)

www.instagram.com/p/C8xjHXVSMG4/

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

"Goya 2024/2025" started by Cuchufleta