Forums > Windsurfing Tasmania

Southern Tas, learn to windsurf fun day 1.12.12

Created by geared4knots > 9 months ago, 18 Nov 2012
geared4knots
TAS, 2647 posts
18 Nov 2012 10:11PM
Thumbs Up

Come along to the Learn to Windsurf/Fun Day, SATURDAY 1st December
10 am to 2pm at Dorans Road or Cremorne Lagoon ( depending on wind direction).

If you are keen to give windsurfing a crack or have a friend that's keen, come along and meet some of the local sailors who will be there to help you get started on the windsurfers provided.
All you need to bring along is a wetsuit, wetsuit boots and a life jacket

Damien Wallace/Kaleb Smith/Anthony Houston are organising this event and will be stoked with anyone that can help on the day.

We will have the BBQ running with a few snags and soft drinks.

This day is all about fun and that's what's windsurfing is all about.

If you want any more information or can help on the day please contact Damien at Ph 0409854754 or email: damienwallace@iinet.net.au

Keep watching this post for more information.

A big thanks to Ben Wilson productions

bearhoover
TAS, 708 posts
18 Nov 2012 10:23PM
Thumbs Up

Thats even more funny because I stole it from last years southern day!

I think we both need to thank Houston productions!

Its a great day in the south.. My first real go on a board was the southern Learners day.. great people who are happy to help... good fun too!

geared4knots
TAS, 2647 posts
18 Nov 2012 10:49PM
Thumbs Up

Here is a flyer to print and hand out.,
Bring your kids , wife , husband , neighbours and lovers.

easty
TAS, 2213 posts
19 Nov 2012 8:53AM
Thumbs Up

Great photo of Doran's, must have been taken during the drought of '98

FoS
TAS, 1664 posts
19 Nov 2012 6:19PM
Thumbs Up

geared4knots said...
Here is a flyer to print and hand out.,
Bring your kids , wife , husband , neighbours and lovers.

Even if they are the one person

MatStirl
TAS, 136 posts
19 Nov 2012 11:25PM
Thumbs Up

Booties! Who the hell wears booties!
....and lifejackets!

Good on you lot for organising the learner days.

Mat

geared4knots
TAS, 2647 posts
20 Nov 2012 10:22PM
Thumbs Up

well, we would not have to wear booties if we could use the clean launching area of the top carpark Matt!.
your good work has been ruined!, no parking all the way along and a great big MAST sign on our grassy bank, only erected for the first time last week ( ok , no jokes on that one).
anyway we will have a good weekend, long live the top carpark! Lost but never forgotten

houston
TAS, 3173 posts
20 Nov 2012 11:45PM
Thumbs Up

We've got a bit to live up to to match the northern learner day great one guys.

Hopefully the weather turns it on and brings everyone out, should be a bit of hoot.
Anyone one interested in helping teaching on the day would be much loved........well maybe that's a bit crazy.....more like appreciated.

Great to get everyone down for a sail so we get a bit of action and don't forget the snags and bring a drink down for a quiet one at the end of the day

geared4knots
TAS, 2647 posts
21 Nov 2012 8:34AM
Thumbs Up

Yeah thats right Anthony, sausages and drinks will be available.
bbq will run from 11am on.

MatStirl
TAS, 136 posts
22 Nov 2012 11:29PM
Thumbs Up

Get president or lettuce man Houston to get council alderman/mayor down there and show him the issue. We've been sailing there for ages and still no profile - that sign should be a windsurfing one!

Clubs with structure and who put pen to paper/lobby get stuff done. Not really the windsurfer way but sometimes you've got to do it to be heard.

Hope you get a good turnout. I sailed off mackay the other day. 38 kites, 1 windsurfer!

Mat

geared4knots
TAS, 2647 posts
23 Nov 2012 12:26AM
Thumbs Up

i agree Mat. a few 'windsurfing' area signs should be put up., lets have great learn to windsurfing day and perhaps throw a few ideas around re this topic soon.

FoS
TAS, 1664 posts
25 Nov 2012 12:31AM
Thumbs Up

I just checked the 7 day forecast and it's got wind Friday arvo into Saturday

Might be a problem for the beginner day, but these things are unreliable this far out.

P.S. 1. 2. 3. 4. I can start a flame war.

Jezstrt
TAS, 1471 posts
25 Nov 2012 10:06AM
Thumbs Up

As Fos said forecast is looking good for Saturday (really windy) hopefully its not to windy for the learner day
I'll be there later to help out, getting my boat license in the morning so that i can rescue Fos when required haha

houston
TAS, 3173 posts
25 Nov 2012 11:51AM
Thumbs Up

Be good to have a couple of boats to tow people back if they get too far out, got ant volunteers ??

Grevil
TAS, 267 posts
25 Nov 2012 11:53AM
Thumbs Up

houston said...
Be good to have a couple of boats to tow people back if they get too far out, got ant volunteers ??

Nominating yourself, good el presidente

houston
TAS, 3173 posts
25 Nov 2012 11:57AM
Thumbs Up

Great to have the wind it'll add a bit of excitement and it's amazIng how the learner boards handle it.

Be good to have a couple of boats to tow people back if they get too far out, got any volunteers ??

houston
TAS, 3173 posts
26 Nov 2012 11:00PM
Thumbs Up

Anyone got a boat? .........I only got 8 windsurfers none of which could be used as a rescue craft[:)

geared4knots
TAS, 2647 posts
26 Nov 2012 11:51PM
Thumbs Up

If the forcast holds true, it will be blowing onshore at dorans so should be fine unless it swings sw, i think everyone will be sailing in the shallows.
i will take my boat over if it is needed.

houston
TAS, 3173 posts
27 Nov 2012 11:17PM
Thumbs Up

I'll bring down the 3 WT learner boards, 150L Bic Techno, 180L Thomen, be good if anyone else has a big board they could lend out for the day.
I'll also have a 103L Exocet Cross with rig for anyone to use.
Also got the BBQ and the gazebo, Wally are you getting the snags?

geared4knots
TAS, 2647 posts
28 Nov 2012 8:39AM
Thumbs Up

Yes, snags $2.00 and iced drinks $1.50 will be available.
. bbq running from 11am on.

This is a free event for everyone to come and enjoy!.
If you really like it, newcomers can become a social member of Windsurfing Tas and borrow a board to take home at the end of the day.

Grevil
TAS, 267 posts
28 Nov 2012 11:22AM
Thumbs Up

Are the boards from the north coming down? I might be able to assist if needed

houston
TAS, 3173 posts
28 Nov 2012 1:18PM
Thumbs Up

Grevil if you can bring any boards down from the north that would be fantastic, thanks Ant

Grevil
TAS, 267 posts
28 Nov 2012 2:45PM
Thumbs Up

Who has them?? Fess up - and we can organise something

izaak
TAS, 1973 posts
28 Nov 2012 3:58PM
Thumbs Up

We have one, lutz is borrowing the other. The one we have, I think someone is picking it up to borrow. Ill ask dad later.

houston
TAS, 3173 posts
28 Nov 2012 10:16PM
Thumbs Up

Grevill is ringing Ben tonight to see if his board is available.
We both thought it too much trouble to try and get the other two boards down from Port Sorell so we canned that idea.

Forecast looks pretty awesome so it should give the learners a bit of excitement

Soft drinks are supplied but don't forget to throw a tinnie in the car for a quiet little drink at the end of the day

Steve Charles
QLD, 1239 posts
28 Nov 2012 9:28PM
Thumbs Up

Well done Ant, Damo and everyone else who is helping out. I will be down to help out for a couple of hours.

houston
TAS, 3173 posts
28 Nov 2012 10:55PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks Steve the more the merrier if the wind is up it should be quite a spectical

bearhoover
TAS, 708 posts
28 Nov 2012 11:44PM
Thumbs Up

The Tamar board is available. Hamish must be ringing late
Next lend is not until next Saturday... Would be great to get it back by then otherwise I could postpone this rental... either or...

houston
TAS, 3173 posts
29 Nov 2012 7:42AM
Thumbs Up

That's great Ben, Hamish will pick it up and drop it back next week

TASSIEROCKS
TAS, 1651 posts
29 Nov 2012 8:36AM
Thumbs Up

Looks like fun for all I will be there for sure

Nice one Damo, if you need any help let me know buddy.

Ezmaye
TAS, 1 posts
29 Nov 2012 12:44PM
Thumbs Up

Weather is looking good for Sat - going to be great! I have managed to rally up a few of the girls to come and have a go and I'll have my board too - as long as V doesn't break anything today and take more pieces

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Tasmania

"Southern Tas, learn to windsurf fun day 1.12.12" started by geared4knots