Forums > Windsurfing Victoria

Where are you Windsurfing this weekend? 06-071110

Created by K Dog > 9 months ago, 5 Nov 2010
flipper4444
VIC, 1214 posts
8 Nov 2010 5:46PM
Thumbs Up

Gorgo said...

You guys should go up to Kite Beach opposite the Savoy hotel in a northerly.

The wind is cleaner with less wind shadow on the inside.
Parking is free.
There's plenty of rigging space.
No bushes and shrubs to avoid walking up and down the embankment.
No used frangas on the ground.

There's a few kiters to avoid but that's not too hard. The odd sailboarder that rides there manages that and so do the gumby kiters.

The wind picks up and is much cleaner as you head north near the Brighton YC so you can get out by yourself in the stronger wind.

Me and my brother will be windsurfing there for a now on.. After our windsurf at green point, we drove up the road to have a look at Dendy in a northly. There were 2 guys out and the wind looked alot cleaner and better for windsurfing. I dont think i will go back to Green point, cause of the parking is a pain and the wind is to gusty, i think i will just windsurf Dendy next time..

waggles56
VIC, 204 posts
8 Nov 2010 7:45PM
Thumbs Up

flipper4444 said...

Gorgo said...

You guys should go up to Kite Beach opposite the Savoy hotel in a northerly.

The wind is cleaner with less wind shadow on the inside.
Parking is free.
There's plenty of rigging space.
No bushes and shrubs to avoid walking up and down the embankment.
No used frangas on the ground.

There's a few kiters to avoid but that's not too hard. The odd sailboarder that rides there manages that and so do the gumby kiters.

The wind picks up and is much cleaner as you head north near the Brighton YC so you can get out by yourself in the stronger wind.

Me and my brother will be windsurfing there for a now on.. After our windsurf at green point, we drove up the road to have a look at Dendy in a northly. There were 2 guys out and the wind looked alot cleaner and better for windsurfing. I dont think i will go back to Green point, cause of the parking is a pain and the wind is to gusty, i think i will just windsurf Dendy next time..

Were you looking at Dendy, (opposite Norwood Ave) or Kite Beach 200m south of sea baths?

flipper4444
VIC, 1214 posts
8 Nov 2010 9:41PM
Thumbs Up

we stay away from kite beach cause the reef there is nasty as, its better for the kiters there.. I checked out the normal spot where all the windsurfers go in a Swestly near the toilets and in a northly looked like it was just as good..

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Victoria

"Where are you Windsurfing this weekend? 06-071110" started by K Dog