Forums > Windsurfing Wave sailing

2015 Australian Wavesailing Titles - Flatrock

Created by batstonem > 9 months ago, 26 Feb 2015
batstonem
QLD, 170 posts
26 Feb 2015 6:43PM
Thumbs Up

Council have approved the Australian wavesailing titles 2015 to be held at Flatrock (between Lennox head and Ballina).

7-14 November 2015.

We chose those dates due to the high chance of good wind and waves, outside school holidays and no major clashes with other international comps (we hope).

We're still waiting on Roads and Maritime services approval so don't book any flights yet but might be time to start thinking about leave etc.

Hoping heaps of you can make it up to a great spot for what promises to be a really good comp.

Notice will be posted as soon as its 100%

Martin (for QLD Freewave and NSW Wavesailing)

Troppo
WA, 887 posts
26 Feb 2015 6:07PM
Thumbs Up

Nice work

Ben Severne
WA, 194 posts
28 Feb 2015 9:59PM
Thumbs Up

I'm in!

Mucksy
QLD, 217 posts
12 Mar 2015 11:02PM
Thumbs Up

I'm geting married on the 7th Nov. I guess that means I'm out

DunkO
NSW, 1143 posts
13 Mar 2015 10:46AM
Thumbs Up

Your fiancée will be disappointed your out of the wedding.

bigdaz
NSW, 323 posts
13 Mar 2015 4:24PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
DunkO said..
Your fiancée will be disappointed your out of the wedding.

PURE GOLD!

She may as well get used to it, marrying a windsurfer and all.

JBFletch
QLD, 1287 posts
24 Mar 2015 12:40PM
Thumbs Up

Awesome.great spot and should be a great event.

Atomic13
WA, 32 posts
25 Mar 2015 5:14PM
Thumbs Up

I will be there for sure!

WindsurfingWA
WA, 799 posts
26 Mar 2015 1:45PM
Thumbs Up

Nice work, now the challenge is to get a WA crew over for the nationals. They should all be primed after spending spring chasing a few waves in the desert.

DunkO
NSW, 1143 posts
26 Mar 2015 9:38PM
Thumbs Up

Can they handle the east coast ? Doubt it....

curac
WA, 1144 posts
31 Mar 2015 2:41PM
Thumbs Up

Oh it's on

hoop
1979 posts
31 Mar 2015 4:08PM
Thumbs Up

Most of the West coast crew came from the East coast and moved over here because it's too soft over there.

Upthere
QLD, 348 posts
1 Apr 2015 12:31AM
Thumbs Up

Flat rock that time of year is out of this world and would come close to matching some of the WA top spots, see the video for proof

"

DunkO
NSW, 1143 posts
1 Apr 2015 8:55PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
hoop said...
Most of the West coast crew came from the East coast and moved over here because it's too soft over there.

Didn't they recently make a movie about east coasters going west?...,

DunkO
NSW, 1143 posts
1 Apr 2015 8:59PM
Thumbs Up

Bring your current and former pwa sailors, world champs, board makers and sail makers...
... Local knowledge will prove the difference

PhilSWR
NSW, 1104 posts
2 Apr 2015 1:44AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Upthere said..
Flat rock that time of year is out of this world and would come close to matching some of the WA top spots, see the video for proof "

Pretty solid.

Now what's the random surface explosion (top right) at 1.46?

xoff
QLD, 99 posts
2 Apr 2015 9:29PM
Thumbs Up

Don't know the spot. Was thinking starboard tack might help the east(not me), until i saw the vid?

waveboy1
VIC, 236 posts
4 Apr 2015 1:36AM
Thumbs Up

yep, spent 9 boring yrs in goldy thats why i sail bass coast :)

whyner
NSW, 762 posts
4 Apr 2015 12:58PM
Thumbs Up

Well here's the starboard tack side of the point!

whyner
NSW, 762 posts
4 Apr 2015 9:31PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
hoop said...

Some of the east coasters are pretty extreme!!

xoff
QLD, 99 posts
6 Apr 2015 10:34PM
Thumbs Up

Cheers whyner. Spot/photo looks sureal man.
Just went back and had a look at the sic 2014 vid/photos. Any chance of getting some more vid this year ill pay?

JBFletch
QLD, 1287 posts
10 Apr 2015 1:03PM
Thumbs Up

Lets try and get a crew from every state and crown an overall winning STATE.

The quality of riding from all states of late could mean a pretty hotly contested comp.

Can't wait

russh
SA, 3025 posts
1 Jun 2015 11:10AM
Thumbs Up

Any updates - thinking of booking a few weeks leave and coming over for a look / sail if theres an old boys division.

Just need confirmation -I think theres a few other SA crew interested as well

batstonem
QLD, 170 posts
1 Jun 2015 12:56PM
Thumbs Up

All on track guys. Sorry for the lack of info but its currently in the hands of Roads and Maritime for our final permit.

I just had to assure them (this morning) that no one would collide with each other, or drown.

So please don't do that.

The dates are set, team are ready to put the event together and permits looking good.
Bring heaps of people with you!

Martin

russh
SA, 3025 posts
1 Jun 2015 7:20PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
batstonem said..
All on track guys. Sorry for the lack of info but its currently in the hands of Roads and Maritime for our final permit.

I just had to assure them (this morning) that no one would collide with each other, or drown.

So please don't do that.

The dates are set, team are ready to put the event together and permits looking good.
Bring heaps of people with you!

Martin

Cheers

See ya in November

RocketBen
QLD, 27 posts
6 Jun 2015 7:50PM
Thumbs Up

Small and a bit onshore, lots of fish, birds, dolphins (some in the background of one of the shots) and still a lot of fun Flattie today.

batstonem
QLD, 170 posts
6 Jul 2015 7:15PM
Thumbs Up

Hi Guys,

Just to keep people up to date the comp team had a meeting last night. All on track and we are firing for November at Flat rock.

For those who are wondering about conditions - Its most likely to be N-NE at that time of year (port tack) but the chance of a big southerly as well (starboard). This year is an El Nino and the last one of those we had, there was honking early season seabreezes so bring your small sails!

The website will be up and running shortly with some accommodation options, transport, social, entry forms etc. Lennox Heads town and Flat Rock camping ground have all budgets covered from el cheapo to luxury.

As for all these events its run by volunteers and supported by sponsors. Please do your bit and show some love to the sponsors! (and buy the volunteers a beer).

Cheers

Martin

waveboy1
VIC, 236 posts
16 Jul 2015 10:34AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Upthere said..
Flat rock that time of year is out of this world and would come close to matching some of the WA top spots, see the video for proof "

Yep, everytime i sailed Flatrock it was good i love that spot :)good vid nice waves

peto
NSW, 406 posts
24 Jul 2015 9:44PM
Thumbs Up

Just enquiring whether there is a website yet for the Aussie titles as I'm interested and want to sort accommodation. Is it definitely going ahead on the mentioned dates? Thanks in advance.

westozwind
WA, 1393 posts
24 Jul 2015 9:43PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
RocketBen said..
Small and a bit onshore, lots of fish, birds, dolphins (some in the background of one of the shots) and still a lot of fun Flattie today.

Woah! An acid wash Acid!

KA360
NSW, 803 posts
25 Jul 2015 12:31AM
Thumbs Up

^^^ and with a 2016 Neil Pryde SHADE sail
.....if he would have just hit the lip a little bit earlier ,he'd be flying like Mary Poppins

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Wave sailing

"2015 Australian Wavesailing Titles - Flatrock" started by batstonem