Forums > Wing Foiling General

North Nova Pro 2024

Created by Gorgo 7 months ago, 5 Mar 2024
Jeroensurf
923 posts
7 May 2024 5:32AM
Thumbs Up

Sorry for the late response Lars and Pats,

@Lars: Yes, I have tried the Nova 2023 and the Pro is imo a better wing in almost everything, but still not on the same level as a Unit which is a bit standard or a Flux (imo above standard). This is also a matter of personal taste, some people probably love it.

When I used to wave sail (I'm between 95-98kg). I wasn't a fan of power wavesails either and always rigged on the smaller size. With wings, it's a bit the same. I prefer forgettable feel to low-end grunt.

@Pats: I think the Nova needs very little wind to get on the foil, so in that respect it is efficient in size, but doesn't have the forgettable feel of a Strike V2. Nova pro vs Strike V2 5.5 seems reasonable. I am not sure if the low is better than my 5.5 Unit Dlab 2022 and I am pretty sure the low of the Ezzy wing is even better. The Ezzy weighs a bit, but has very good and quite light handling, so the weighty feel imo comes more from the profile than the actual weight.

Again, whether you like this is, as with sails, a matter of personal preference.

slowmotion160
9 posts
8 May 2024 8:38AM
Thumbs Up

I've used the 6m nova pro both with the handles and the boom. I really like the wing! It's got a lot of low end grunt and is really well balanced in your hands once up on foil. I feel like it has a good amount of forward drive which I like for going up wind. It just feels easy. That said I am a big fan of the mode pro and feel like the 6m nova pro is a good compromise between that and a light wind wing. I would take it over a unit or an xps.

dejavu
825 posts
15 May 2024 10:41PM
Thumbs Up

larsdegroot
86 posts
21 May 2024 1:48AM
Thumbs Up

?si=cBqjJIFMEqeNvUB-

Shot this video yesterday, nice sesh with the nova pro.

MProject04
514 posts
7 Oct 2024 12:51AM
Thumbs Up

Question: aside from the adjustable handle / boom set up what are the key differences between the 2024 Nova and Nova Pro?

Also if anyone knows how much of a step up (or down ) is the 2024 Nova vs 2023 Nova?

I'm considering a 5m wing to fill up a gap between 4.2 and 6m.. looking at Nova 2024 and Nova Pro.

Subscribe

Forums > Wing Foiling General

"North Nova Pro 2024" started by Gorgo