rider weight

Thanks,
Z

hydra
SA, 254 posts
5 Apr 2009 12:39AM
Thumbs Up

first frame, 14m genetrix hydra, gaastra 136, rider weight around 65kg

third and sixth frame, 14m genetrix hydra, naish sol 130? rider weight around 70kg

seventh and eight frames, 14m hydra, shin 136, rider weight 86kg.

please correct me guys if ive got board sizes wrong, im pretty sure they are all aroung 135.

Saffer
VIC, 4501 posts
5 Apr 2009 2:06AM
Thumbs Up

Are we really starting this a second time?

Genetrix
SA, 236 posts
5 Apr 2009 8:51AM
Thumbs Up

Saffer said...

Are we really starting this a second time?

We can and we are.
nice pics hydra ,I have to get a camera to take some shots of you some day dude.
A better quaility wind and 6 to 8 knots could be the next challenge.

Mr float
NSW, 3452 posts
5 Apr 2009 9:33AM
Thumbs Up

you will notice that the windmeter is being held side on to the wind .Also there is **** in that water that flattens things out giving a glassy appearance .Also the guy holding it has disgusting **** under his thumbnail
and where is tophat ,he's gotta be around there somehere

Saffer
VIC, 4501 posts
5 Apr 2009 9:43AM
Thumbs Up

This was 20 knots *cough* I mean 10 knots at Altona.

Here you can see the wind at the time the photo was taken.

This guy is riding the new cabrinha light wind kite that you make you pull 30 foot jumps in 6 or 7 knots with a 10m kite. Did I neglect to mention he weighs 25kg's and is 7 years old?

In this photo now, you can clearly see the rider is overpowered in 10 knots, probably because he is more worried about comparing penis size with the rider behind him.

Genetrix
SA, 236 posts
5 Apr 2009 9:22AM
Thumbs Up

Mr float said...

you will notice that the windmeter is being held side on to the wind .Also there is **** in that water that flattens things out giving a glassy appearance .Also the guy holding it has disgusting **** under his thumbnail

Just except it dude.
Yeah what is that .... under your nail hogger , dont you shower man. bloody grease monkey

Genetrix
SA, 236 posts
5 Apr 2009 9:39AM
Thumbs Up

Saffer said...

This was 20 knots *cough* I mean 10 knots at Altona.

Here you can see the wind at the time the photo was taken.

This guy is riding the new cabrinha light wind kite that you make you pull 30 foot jumps in 6 or 7 knots with a 10m kite. Did I neglect to mention he weighs 25kg's and is 7 years old?

In this photo now, you can clearly see the rider is overpowered in 10 knots, probably because he is more worried about comparing penis size with the rider behind him.

You could be on to something, maybe frustration.

hydra
SA, 254 posts
5 Apr 2009 10:16AM
Thumbs Up

Saffer
VIC, 4501 posts
5 Apr 2009 11:36AM
Thumbs Up

Genetrix said...
You could be on to something, maybe frustration.

I bought a 9m to get more water time, not a 15m...what makes you think I'm frustrated because of light wind?

Jacques
NSW, 159 posts
5 Apr 2009 11:37AM
Thumbs Up

nice photos though! It is looking like a very nice flatwater spot...

Windhogger
SA, 88 posts
5 Apr 2009 11:16AM
Thumbs Up

Genetrix said...

Mr float said...

Also the guy holding it has disgusting **** under his thumbnail

Yeah what is that .... under your nail hogger , dont you shower man. bloody grease monkey

Hey guys, thats clean compared to what it usaullly looks like Must have been from that filthy crap Subaru CV joint job I did 3 days ago lol Anyway I'm on to it!!
PS. Hydra, you shouldv'e photo shopped that one lol

hydra
SA, 254 posts
5 Apr 2009 3:05PM
Thumbs Up

heres the vid of the same sesh,
it might not be the most exciting times in light wind, but at least we're out there and not just waiting for the next season. its a good way to practice handle passes and kite control.

Meza
NSW, 13 posts
5 Apr 2009 3:50PM
Thumbs Up

What sort of tidal movement do you guys get up there? I remember something like 5 meters? Thats gota help alot?

hydra
SA, 254 posts
5 Apr 2009 3:33PM
Thumbs Up

Meza said...

What sort of tidal movement do you guys get up there? I remember something like 5 meters? Thats gota help alot?

yea theres a fair bit of tidal movement at parham, which does help in one direction, makes it twice as bad coming back in though.

we ride at low tide in between changes, this makes the water glassy as. some of you wakestyle boys would love it out there in 15 to 20.

ewan kite
VIC, 926 posts
5 Apr 2009 8:08PM
Thumbs Up

try putin ur wind meter 15 meters up at kite height and i guarantee it will read at least 13-14.

hydra
SA, 254 posts
5 Apr 2009 7:48PM
Thumbs Up

ewan kite said...

try putin ur wind meter 15 meters up at kite height and i guarantee it will read at least 13-14.

not the case! i dont know if your blind or not, but quite often the kites are low.

Saffer
VIC, 4501 posts
5 Apr 2009 8:19PM
Thumbs Up

ewan kite said...

These are miracle kites ewan, let it go, they can go upwind and jump in 8 knots :p

Genetrix
SA, 236 posts
5 Apr 2009 8:03PM
Thumbs Up

ewan kite said...

the wind meter doesn't lie .
Hey hydra next time we will have to have the kite just above the water .

Genetrix
SA, 236 posts
5 Apr 2009 8:12PM
Thumbs Up

Jacques said...

nice photos though! It is looking like a very nice flatwater spot...

cheers dude, yeah it is a great spot we love it.

myusernam
QLD, 6120 posts
6 Apr 2009 3:52PM
Thumbs Up

Genetrix said...

Mr float said...

Just except it dude.

accept it not except it.

harry potter
VIC, 2777 posts
6 Apr 2009 5:23PM
Thumbs Up

can we please now see the following :

Same Guys on the same boards with the same kites in the 35+knots that you also claim these kites can be easily handled in.

ps: wind meters do lie... esp those little hand held ones with the impeller.

ewan kite
VIC, 926 posts
6 Apr 2009 5:31PM
Thumbs Up

yer well i had a wind meter about 3 meters off the ground in about 25-30 knots (average as read on the seabreeze graphs) and the wind meter said 17-18 max.

also i didnt say your wind meter was wrong for reading that wind at ground level but it is a fact that if you had it higher it would read more.

hydra
SA, 254 posts
6 Apr 2009 5:03PM
Thumbs Up

harry potter said...

can we please now see the following :

Same Guys on the same boards with the same kites in the 35+knots that you also claim these kites can be easily handled in.

ps: wind meters do lie... esp those little hand held ones with the impeller.

thats the plan potter, by the way its 28 knots for the 14 m and 34 for the 12m. Should be bloody good. Just waiting for the wind to come in! Mabey a winter northerly!

djdojo
VIC, 1607 posts
6 Apr 2009 7:47PM
Thumbs Up

would it be possible to have a separate forum category for discussion and photography of these miracle-kites? so there'd be windsurfing, kitesurfing, surfing, fishing, genetrix-hydra-propaganda, sup-ing etc.

that way this little mutual-congratulation society could exist happily on their own terms, constantly reassuring each other how good their kites are without the terrible skepticism they encounter here.

jackgearo
NSW, 331 posts
6 Apr 2009 8:01PM
Thumbs Up

who cares if they can kite in 10kts?!?!?!?[}:)] why is it that everytime u go on seabreeze 9 out of 10 things u will read is saying all the negative things about something. why cant people just look at the positives?
ps- sorry for going on

Saffer
VIC, 4501 posts
6 Apr 2009 8:04PM
Thumbs Up

djdojo said...

would it be possible to have a separate forum category for discussion and photography of these miracle-kites? so there'd be windsurfing, kitesurfing, surfing, fishing, genetrix-hydra-propaganda, sup-ing etc.

that way this little mutual congratulation society could exist happily on their own terms, constantly reassuring each other how good their kites are without the terrible skepticism they encounter here.

I agree. Perhaps we could group it as "Miracle Kites/Balls of Steel" and they could post along with the people who think they can take their 9m kites out in 45 knots and surferboi with his megaloops.

kiter zac
QLD, 295 posts
6 Apr 2009 9:06PM
Thumbs Up

where can i get one of these kites, price and what sizes do they have?

Genetrix
SA, 236 posts
6 Apr 2009 9:39PM
Thumbs Up

Saffer said...

djdojo said...

that way this little mutual congratulation society could exist happily on their own terms, constantly reassuring each other how good their kites are without the terrible skepticism they encounter here.

I agree. Perhaps we could group it as "Miracle Kites/Balls of Steel" and they could post along with the people who think they can take their 9m kites out in 45 knots and surferboi with his megaloops.

Are we getting under your skin boys? Wait till we post the kites in strong wind

tommy69
26 posts
6 Apr 2009 10:07PM
Thumbs Up

I think they look kooky. Not getting under my skin, thay are making you look seriously uncool tho-

PS anyone who wants can come and see me to demo my new watercraft that goes in no wind at all, it's called a rowboat and is almost as extreme as the kiting in the photos above.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"light winds" started by hydra