Forums > General Discussion   Shooting the breeze...

Road Rage

Created by billykiter > 9 months ago, 19 Jun 2015
kiteboy dave
QLD, 6525 posts
29 Jun 2015 1:41PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
sotired said..

ThinkaBowtit said..

dmitri said..
I've seen that video before..
The thing is we don't know what happened before...

Doesn't really matter what happened before, ute guy lost the plot and shouldn't have. No one deserves to be treated like that, whether they've done something or not.

Agreed. We all have things that happen to us on the road that make our blood boil, but its important to not take it personally. Its not an insult to your masculinity. Its not a targeted attack on you. Its just someone doing something stupid.

Dimitri - As these guys said it doesn't matter what happened before that, regardless of the lead up, that behaviour's still bad enough to warrant jail.

However sometimes the guy is just a methhead and absolutely nothing happened before. In this case the guy claims he was stationary and hit from behind at the start of the incident.

In the case of this video, at least 2 others came forward that he'd scared in previous violent road rage incidents

Today Tonight was contacted by two more of the man's alleged victims who told their scary stories on tonight's program.
A woman, who wished to remain anonymous fearing the suspect may hunt her down, said the man should have his licence suspended.

21 year old Edward Sullivan ...On Wednesday, he was handed two year’s probation, lost his licence for 6 months, that's less than a month for each time he deliberately rammed Ken's car....The court also ordered Sullivan to pay more than 17 thousand dollars restitution for the damage he caused.

He got off very lightly due to being super rich, home with the parents is a massive mansion, apparently family/family business very well known etc. they must be proud.
Probably running ice on the side..

He'll either go straight, get off the ice/roids, and settle down, or he'll kill someone and get major jail..

sn
WA, 2775 posts
29 Jun 2015 6:13PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
mineral1 said..

Cal said..
Anyone up with how the tachygraph/electronic vehicle monitoring matter is developing? it is several years since I drove heavy vehicles and Ive lost track of the topic.

One state, some years back NSW I think it was, trucks recorded three speed breaches, then the trucks were excluded from driving on NSW roads. I.E. no entry. Not sure if its still in place.

Not up to speed regarding the tachy-thingies - but I can tell you those "speed limited" stickers don't work very well.

I have been passed countless times by them while doing the limit myself!

I am pretty sure that with heavy commercial vehicles [in W.A.] 3 offences within a set time = vehicle's rego is cancelled for 3 months.

The crew I drove with were GPS tracked and monitored, boss knew your speed, when you were parked, engine turned off, or when it was started.

stephen

billykiter
WA, 303 posts
15 Jul 2015 12:00AM
Thumbs Up

Thought I'd keep this thread alive (seeing I started it).

What's with baby on board signs. Has anyone ever driven up close to someone and then thought oh gee I'd better be ultra careful I don't crash into that Hyundai with the baby on board sticker.ill tailgate that Mercedes instead, cause if I crash that would be a better option.

lightwood
VIC, 392 posts
15 Jul 2015 6:30AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
billykiter said..

What's with baby on board signs. Has anyone ever driven up close to someone and then thought oh gee I'd better be ultra careful I don't crash into that Hyundai with the baby on board sticker.ill tailgate that Mercedes instead, cause if I crash that would be a better option.

I'm pretty sure your taking the piss but it's there foe emergency services.

Battle
536 posts
15 Jul 2015 4:51AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
lightwood said..

billykiter said..

I'm pretty sure you're taking the piss, it's mom's who figure there there's a chance other drivers will be more respectful of their vehicle if they see the sticker.

windnutt
VIC, 11 posts
15 Jul 2015 8:08AM
Thumbs Up

I'm picking up on the let's all bash WA drivers vibe. I'm from WA and now been living in Geelong for the past 3 years and I definitely have to agree and disagree with many of the comments. Sure WA does have road rage issues but that's due to be the population growing alot quicker then the road network. What I've noticed in Victoria is the young drivers and P platers in particular are way to overconfident and very aggressive bordering on dangerous. Mobile phone use in Victoria is a big issue aswell. I'm guessing these kinds of issues aren't exactly issues solely in WA and Vic. Myself I don't speed anywhere as I dint want to give this govt anymore of my $$$$ then I have to

Cal
QLD, 1003 posts
15 Jul 2015 8:45AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
lightwood said...
billykiter said..

Whered you get that from? Sounds feasible but Ive never heard of it and if it were true there would have to ba a standard detailing; graphics, size, install location...

Cal
QLD, 1003 posts
15 Jul 2015 9:05AM
Thumbs Up

In lieu of details, Im with Battle

ka43
NSW, 3069 posts
15 Jul 2015 9:13AM
Thumbs Up

An everyday scenario at a local shopping centre near you.
Dummy mummy pulls into a normal size parking space and parks latest model 4wd/SUV 2 feet too close to one side. Hops out then opens rear door to extract snot gobbler. Leaves door wide open for 5 minutes while all baby accessories are located then opens tailgate and Mclaren AWD stroller that is nearly the size of a Toyota Yaris is assembled.
Meanwhile old mate is still waiting for door to close so he can park, mistake 1.
Snot gobbler is then placed in $4k stroller and left in car park while mummy gets purse, handbag etc. Then bub is wheeled down carpark making all other vehicles stop for fear of said dummy mummy walking straight out in front of them. Wait 2 hours while mum has umpteen cups of soy latte flat white mocha babychino, buys roll of toilet paper and returns to car.
Process is repeated in reverse.
Old mate who has parked next to dummy mummy now has a door opened into his door leaving slight dent and scratch. Mistake 2.
Mum finally succeeds in getting all accessories back into vehicle. Then Miffy Devenish-Meares yells out hello so they chat for 10 minutes with all doors open and tempers rising.
Old mate returns from grocery shopping, chucks groceries into boot and tries to reverse out. Mistake 3.
In frustration he politely asks if mummy can close her door so he can exit carspace.
Is frostily told "Cant you see I have a baby, you will just have to wait"
Homicide is averted as mummy reluctantly says ciao to Miffy and finally closes door.
Road rage, what about carpark rage???

ikw777
QLD, 2995 posts
15 Jul 2015 7:14PM
Thumbs Up

This. How do we explain this?

cisco
QLD, 12323 posts
15 Jul 2015 10:08PM
Thumbs Up

^^^ Ummmm. There were no little old ladies getting mugged at the time??

ka43
NSW, 3069 posts
15 Jul 2015 10:33PM
Thumbs Up

Love this ****. Feral bogans getting NEARLY what they deserve. Swift kick up the clacker is warranted!!!

rollo19
WA, 93 posts
15 Jul 2015 10:49PM
Thumbs Up

indeed, I've cycled in quite a few cities.. Perth stands out as the worst in terms of safety. most people seem to be polite/give you space but many have no idea, like they've never seen a bikie. also started riding an electric skateboard to work.. the cycle network is good but lots of dead ends/ no linkages

Toph
WA, 1825 posts
16 Jul 2015 2:00AM
Thumbs Up

I'm not a cyclist, and I have no problems with cyclists. But if some Lycra cladded clown belts the bonnet of my car, as has become common in Perth, then they are going to notice a sudden change in my opinion of them. Cyclist contrary to their belief, are not always in the right.

Chris_M
2129 posts
16 Jul 2015 4:58AM
Thumbs Up

Ha ha, crack addicts that haven't quite got to the point of selling their car to fund their habit?

Police officer was a classic in this one

rollo19
WA, 93 posts
16 Jul 2015 2:11PM
Thumbs Up

ha fair enough - bikes need their own bike lanes, what i was saying i there are too many dead ends, if you are riding you end up on the road/busy intersections too often. personally i try and be seen and ride predictably = if moving faster than traffic, i cruise down the middle, if same speed or passing through a round about where there is no room for bike and car, right in the middle otherwise peel off to the left or even pavement

rollo19
WA, 93 posts
16 Jul 2015 4:10PM
Thumbs Up

they should introduce driver testing/licencing like they have in Europe. So that you have fewer incompetent, ignorant hillbillies in charge of 2 tonnes of high speed death on wheels. Until then I recommend everyone keep driving the biggest 4wd imaginable to protect yourselves from Perth drivers and of course mount all the redundant carpark curbing.

rollo19
WA, 93 posts
16 Jul 2015 4:17PM
Thumbs Up

to the curly haired, deranged middle aged woman (and her husband if there is such a poor bastard) who just tried to kill me because I might have delayed her rush to the next set of lights for maybe 2 seconds while skating at 40k/hr in a 50k unmarked road and indicating to go right: I am looking forward to seeing that white nissan navara crew cab with canopy again to administer some maintenance with the crow bar I carry

king of the point
WA, 1836 posts
16 Jul 2015 5:50PM
Thumbs Up

No agro in Bali getting around twice as busy Bikes Cars Horse and Cart and pedestrians ..... so you tell me whats the problem with Australia .................ive got my thoughts and they aint that pritty

For a start were over policed roads schools sub burbs councils supermarkets etc etc etc ,and anyone whom is seen to be doing something / anything contrary to our fked up rules regulations and speed limits is jumped on by the the do gooders , who aint angles them selves but become police and bitches and agro dibby dobbers whem selves, soon as some one else is doing what they didn t and would have only for the fact they through they would get fined , but ironically they previously have.

Over the speed cameras and Australian supermarket drivers whom assume they have right of way because there is a fked up painted arrow on the ground to which there existence depends.

any way ....................rules are for fools and the wise interpreted,,,,,,,,,,,,to bad Australia is fast becoming full of fools / tools / rules

sn
WA, 2775 posts
16 Jul 2015 8:03PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
rollo19 said..
skating at 40k/hr

with the crow bar I carry

Is 40kph on a skateboard legal?
Last I heard, electric bikes and gophers were limited to 25kph on pathways - but I have no idea regarding skateboards on gazetted roads.

As for carrying a crowbar [while skateboarding] how will you explain that to the Magistrate?

stephen

Jupiter
2156 posts
16 Jul 2015 8:22PM
Thumbs Up

You are taught how to drive a vehicle. You were tested on road rules. Then a parking test as well as a short stint on the road. If you are deemed competent enough, you get a "P" plate.

The trouble is that there is no way the tester is able to check up on your personality and general attitudes. If you are a prick, you still can get a license. The trouble is that a prick with the control of a lethal machine can potentially become a "super prick". He/she believes that once he is within a vehicle, he is 8 feet tall and 200 Kg of muscles. Adding on top of that, drugs and alcohol further give them the false sense of invincibility.

So how do you teach someone tolerance, good manners, and above all, non violence?

ThinkaBowtit
WA, 1134 posts
16 Jul 2015 9:12PM
Thumbs Up

Road rage gone wrong...

landyacht
WA, 5921 posts
16 Jul 2015 9:41PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Toph said..
I'm not a cyclist, and I have no problems with cyclists. But if some Lycra cladded clown belts the bonnet of my car, as has become common in Perth, then they are going to notice a sudden change in my opinion of them. Cyclist contrary to their belief, are not always in the right.

I've only heard of one case of bonnet bashing in recent years, have i missed something or is there a rumor network that is collating them.?. as a cyclist i find if theres a dill motorist nearby i get out of their way and let them go something daft elsewhere

sn
WA, 2775 posts
17 Jul 2015 8:56PM
Thumbs Up

Good example - This afternoon, on the shared pathway at the Southport street bus/train transfer stop in West Leederville.
2 lycrayobs tore through the pedestrians - with a few being shoved into the wall, one lass ended up with broken glasses.

Yobs didn't even slow down - front one too busy cursing everyone that dared to get in his way.
--------
Pretty regularly see a toure-de-eejit on Charles St, bouncing between the cars pulled up at red lights - and then running the red lights himself.

Had to laugh when he almost got killed by a bloke on a gopher

They aint all dodgy gits though, I see plenty of good riders out there too,

stephen

Subscribe

Forums > General Discussion   Shooting the breeze...

"Road Rage" started by billykiter