2010 Liquid Force Gear

Created by SurfConnect > 9 months ago, 13 Jul 2009
Simon Keane
NSW, 2 posts
22 Aug 2009 12:30PM
Thumbs Up

I have to agree with the comments made about the Envy -
Very smooth and quick re-launch.
Amazingly light bar pressure that makes it a joy to fly.
Great speed in the turn when the bar is powered.
Great de-power with the bar out - which makes it super safe.
Nice that there is a one way valve on blowing it up!

Very impressive . i want one

Shane71 said...

Well here goes. Had a brilliant day today down at Sandgate, Padi brought the demo kites and I had a ball.

First up was the 12m Havoc, now I have been using Havoc's for the last 2 years and have always been impressed with their grunt and stability. The first thing that I noticed was the addition of the one way valve on the inflation point, this was something new for me and a welcome addition to the kite. I played for about 2 hours with this kite, all I can say is that they have done some excellent work developing an already strong kite. As Padi said, it now turns on a dime, it still pullls like a truck as well. One thing I noticed was water relaunch is now so easy, I was expecting to have to work it a little as the winds were only 14knts, but it just popped straight out and up, quite amazing.

So I stopped and had lunch and Padi says try the Envy, so pumped it up, setup and launched. Now hold on....

WOW....

This kite is amazing, instant pop out of the water and it is like a bullet, sits low and just gets faster, then work it a bit and oh my hold onto your pants this thing flies. Turns so quick and instant power again, it has that much acceleration that I actually popped out from the water on a relaunch and was off like a shot, relaunch was a breeze as well. I actually found the Envy to be a little more stable than the Havoc, it is slightly deeper as the Havoc has been narrowed down a bit this year and I feel that this probably is the reason for the stability difference, not that the Havoc was an issue.

I was adamant that I was going to get a new Havoc this year, but no way am I doing that now, the Envy will be mine. And now I know why they call it the "Envy", because others will be envious of you if you have one. I hope they have one in green for me. :)

Go and see your local LF dealer and ask them to have a go on the Envy, you wont be disappointed.

Cheers, and go fly a kite. :)

strydz
QLD, 136 posts
22 Aug 2009 4:46PM
Thumbs Up

no there is no swivel on the front lines.

circus freek
QLD, 1 posts
23 Aug 2009 7:45PM
Thumbs Up

Tested the Envy today n my god, it is as Padi said - a 'WOW' kite. I am so upgrading to it.

Jamesy
QLD, 30 posts
24 Aug 2009 3:35AM
Thumbs Up

just some pics of the new 2010 boards. the 138 influence with single to double concave ans the new Liquid Rails and the Varial Kiteskate

SurfConnect
QLD, 1674 posts
30 Aug 2009 9:57AM
Thumbs Up

First shipment docked! Should get to sales floor this week.

cmurph
WA, 13 posts
30 Aug 2009 1:57PM
Thumbs Up

Awesome! Cant wait to see it all start to arrive.
I am very keen to see how the recut concept comes out, but I think these are a little way off yet.

The new boards look super slick with allot of new technology in the top end boards.. liquid rails, new cores etc.
I have a 138 Influence grind in Melbourne if anyone wants to take it for a spin, as well as sample of each kite.

Is everyone decided on which kites they are going to ride? Is the envy still the stand out for most people?

lutchi
5 posts
5 Sep 2009 12:43AM
Thumbs Up

Mates

check somoe more pics on ...

www.flickr.com/photos/35784476@N02/sets/72157622107769829/show/

SurfConnect
QLD, 1674 posts
9 Sep 2009 9:00AM
Thumbs Up

2010 Catalogues and Havoc stock all in stores. Contact your local distributor to get your new toys!

Anyone like a catalogue send us your name and address! 2010 Qld tide charts coming shortly too.

SurfConnect
QLD, 1674 posts
15 Sep 2009 8:42PM
Thumbs Up

This looks fun!

Shane71
QLD, 50 posts
22 Sep 2009 10:19PM
Thumbs Up

SurfConnect said...

This looks fun!

So when are you getting one for us to play with Padi. Bring it at Christmas with the boat, beer for fuel as the normal currency still stands doesn't it?

SurfConnect
QLD, 1674 posts
22 Sep 2009 11:46PM
Thumbs Up

With wind like today we dont need boat mate! You were flying with the Envy!

Shane71 said...

SurfConnect said...

This looks fun!

So when are you getting one for us to play with Padi. Bring it at Christmas with the boat, beer for fuel as the normal currency still stands doesn't it?

Charl dv
WA, 2485 posts
22 Sep 2009 11:13PM
Thumbs Up

wish the concepts wud hurry up :| gona get me one of those skates fow showwwwwww

SurfConnect
QLD, 1674 posts
24 Sep 2009 12:08PM
Thumbs Up

walshd
SA, 601 posts
24 Sep 2009 1:30PM
Thumbs Up

Good to see they put a floater on the donkey dick. You should make it bright red so you can see it tho.

We've had a cabrinha rider loose his chicken loop after pulling his quick release. He wasn't using his donkey dick and lost the lot (they sink BTW).

Wish I saw the look on his face when he went to reset it and the chicken loop was missing.

lavaguedu13
4 posts
3 Oct 2009 4:17AM
Thumbs Up

I'm very interested by the Envy.

What about the wind range of the Envy ? Like 2009 Havoc wind range ?

15-28nd for 10m, and 22-35+nd for 6m ?

strydz
QLD, 136 posts
3 Oct 2009 12:45PM
Thumbs Up

the envy is really worth looking at i have tried both the 2010 havoc and envy, imo the envy is a much nicer kite to fly, it is faster, smother and boosts better. the havoc prob has a better bottom end but i still managed to get going (just), on a 10 envy in 12 knots and i am 80kg once the wind picked up over 15knots it was sweet. i will prob be buying a 12 envy for this year.

lavaguedu13
4 posts
9 Oct 2009 2:24PM
Thumbs Up

Did you try Envy in smaller size ? 8m or 6m ?

SurfConnect
QLD, 1674 posts
19 Oct 2009 9:12AM
Thumbs Up

Had a 6m Envy out on a small kid last week and wow, it flew in next to no wind! Easy to handle I think this will be the most popular kite this year for kids/girls too.

siwalker
WA, 195 posts
19 Oct 2009 6:52PM
Thumbs Up

when are the boards and boots due in aust?

SammyJ
WA, 570 posts
23 Oct 2009 2:03PM
Thumbs Up

lavaguedu13 said...

Did you try Envy in smaller size ? 8m or 6m ?

The Envy's have some serious pull, they feel very smooth and plenty fast. Mainly been riding the 10m, but got the 8m out the other day and it definately meets all expectations built up from what others have said. Can't wait for the 6m to arrive I won't get to use it that often, but they are very stable kites and I'm going to feel alot more confident teaching my oldest daughter this year on it.

I previously flew HiFi's and loved them, but 80% of my kiting is the waves so I wanted a 4 line kite instead of 5 line. The Envy is awesome in the waves and boosts as good as my HiFi's did.

Back to your question, the 8m feels unreal so the 6m should be insane. The new bar and safety is simple and affective, I also love IMO the medium bar pressure

Well worth a Demo to make your own mind up, West Oz Kiteboarding has them in WA

SurfConnect
QLD, 1674 posts
26 Oct 2009 10:34AM
Thumbs Up

The new 2010 Union U2 bindings. All sizes from 7 to 15 available.

SurfConnect
QLD, 1674 posts
5 Nov 2009 9:09AM
Thumbs Up

More boards arrived! Visit your nearest distributor to test!

Influence, Kaos, Recoil & WLF Ltd..... Influence is my personal favourite to date, but cant wait to try the others today. The Influence has good flex, pops and lands easy & comfy as, and most important of all, smooth comfy ride with the comp lace straps. New kids size straps & pads also came out this year, bright color funky graphics. There are also 2 sizes now for the Mens Luxury straps kits.

bjw
QLD, 3614 posts
5 Nov 2009 9:58PM
Thumbs Up

Does anyone know why the Envy does not have a swivel for the middle lines?

SurfConnect
QLD, 1674 posts
5 Nov 2009 10:26PM
Thumbs Up

LF has never had a swivel in any of their kites.

bjw said...

Does anyone know why the Envy does not have a swivel for the middle lines?

Hayman
QLD, 99 posts
6 Nov 2009 10:00AM
Thumbs Up

BJW: LF kites have no swivel which lower costs and keep things simple.. It only takes a few minutes to attach one anywayz.. Besides, ya should learn all ya moves fakie/ switch aswell as regular/ goofy, that way the lines will untwist for ya.

Tried the new KAOS board (a 139x42) yesterday. OMG, feauturing a pants tightening, red stained timber top with decals, this board makes me wet. By far one of the sexiest boards ive come across. (Hey Padi, can ya post some saucy full page spreads of the Kaos).

Not only does this board look the goods, it feels as awesome to ride.
I was a bit sceptical of the rather square nose and tail for fear of the usual blinding spray that results in choppy conditions.. This board did not have any
Maybe this was due to the very thin rails and soft continous flex profile; aswell as the taperred tip and tail. For quite a large board in size, i was impressed by how small it felt to ride...
The multiple concave base really sucked this baby down on the water, and edged upwind like a board should. Because of the wind dwindling arvo yesterday, i didnt have a chance to really test its release and pop apart from a few launches off the choppy swell, which felt very similar to the influence board.

In summary, The LF Kaos board is a freestylers delight in flat to choppy conditions. Its responsive while still having a medium amount of flex to feel exactly whats going on underneath it.

Super stoked i had the pleasure to caress and ride her

SurfConnect
QLD, 1674 posts
17 Nov 2009 12:46PM
Thumbs Up

Influence Grind and Kaos boards smaller sizes all arrived! Fun time this arvo!

Charl dv
WA, 2485 posts
17 Nov 2009 2:30PM
Thumbs Up

any idea when the concepts coming in yet?

SurfConnect
QLD, 1674 posts
17 Nov 2009 7:25PM
Thumbs Up

Next shipment due to arrive this Friday Chauv. Have you tried the new Envy kite yet?

Charl dv said...

any idea when the concepts coming in yet?

Charl dv
WA, 2485 posts
18 Nov 2009 5:25PM
Thumbs Up

no but my 9 hifi is making my bits tingle :) faackk yerr my concept might be in before i go to cwc..

hoping to try the envy n havoc when winds more reliable n i can b bothered making the trip.

had a few people impressed by how much power i could make out of the hifi 9 in like 16 knots.. told em the envys got more grunt so got a few keen to try it.

fozzy
SA, 501 posts
18 Nov 2009 8:21PM
Thumbs Up

I'd be surprised if we see them this month but I would be happy to be wrong.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"2010 Liquid Force Gear" started by SurfConnect