Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

2010 Liquid Force Gear

Created by SurfConnect > 9 months ago, 13 Jul 2009
SurfConnect
QLD, 1674 posts
8 Feb 2010 10:27AM
Thumbs Up

Have you checked your gear lately?

We have past the half way mark into the season, have you checked your equipment lately? Are your lines all good? Have they streteched? Worn? All pullies working? Bridle system all good?

We are offering a free equipment checkup on Saturday 13 Feb between 11-1pm in Brisbane. Simply bring your gear to Sandgate and one our qualified instructors will do a thorough check on your gear free of charge!

LankyLad
7 posts
9 Mar 2010 2:07PM
Thumbs Up

Disclaimer: newly qualified instructor.

Had the chance to test the Envy last week at the course, very impressed with the built quality and performance. Had wind from 5 to 30kts throughout the week and the kite performs well in all conditions. The kite flies in next to no wind with no stalling issues, and yet you can feel the kite so well in high wind conditions. So well I did a double backloop and kitelooped it without realising! Funny too one day there was a kid on a 6m and a big guy on a 15m, both fully going in same conditions. The kite is so versatile.

The Envy is my choice of teaching kite from now. Just ordered my toys (teaching tools [}:)] Good work Liquid Force for bringing out such an awesome kite.

SurfConnect
QLD, 1674 posts
22 Mar 2010 12:32PM
Thumbs Up

Great to here mate. The Envy is our top seller this year, best kite of all time IMO. As LF puts it, its a all terrain kite - I use it on water, land and snow. Suits kids, girls and guys of all levels.

adrenal
VIC, 134 posts
24 Mar 2010 1:20PM
Thumbs Up

HI all,
I'm a beginner and not quite up on board yet.
I've made up my mind that rather than get a longer board to see me through learning stage, I'd rather go through a little more grief up front and end up with a board that will better suit me longer term.
Have an opportunity to buy a second hand 2010 Liquid force Kaos 136cm.

I am 90kg and have just bought a Grifin kites 'Argo' 11m

Any comments/recommendations about the suitability of this board. Am I pushing it lengthwise?
I'm looking for a good all-rounder that will see me well into the future as I progress, with maybe a little more flex as I am of an older rider and want to save my knees from the port phillip chop.

Thanks

Charl dv
WA, 2485 posts
31 Mar 2010 2:14PM
Thumbs Up

136 is pretty good choice all round, it wont give you too much grief lengthwise when learning, and it wont hold you back when progressing. im 84kg and ride a 138 concept dlx full time, although im in bindings but even in straps i wouldnt of chosen anything under a 134.

you wont go wrong with a 136 chaos, or if you can get a 138 influence it would be just as good for you!

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"2010 Liquid Force Gear" started by SurfConnect