Forums > Sailing General

What did you do to your sailing boat today ?

Created by Boatin > 9 months ago, 12 Jun 2013
HG02
VIC, 5814 posts
11 Jun 2015 12:53AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SandS said..

HG maybe consider yaringa instead of hastings , as the hard stand area is quite reasonable price wise . and you could even get a price from the riggers there for the mast and rigging work if needed . they are very good so i have heard .

I will Sands I'm not sure what prices are like in port Philip ?

samsturdy
NSW, 1659 posts
11 Jun 2015 10:40AM
Thumbs Up

Love reading about your progress HG. All the very best to you.

HG02
VIC, 5814 posts
11 Jun 2015 1:30PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
samsturdy said...

Love reading about your progress HG. All the very best to you.

Tar mate
How did the flywheel go?

samsturdy
NSW, 1659 posts
11 Jun 2015 3:17PM
Thumbs Up

Planning to tackle it tomorrow HG. I've found a Jemmy bar in the garage so I'll use that plus a short length of s/s tube to wriggle it off.
I'll let you know how I go. (providing the weathers OK).

SandS
VIC, 5904 posts
11 Jun 2015 7:36PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
HG02 said..

SandS said..

HG maybe consider yaringa instead of hastings , as the hard stand area is quite reasonable price wise . and you could even get a price from the riggers there for the mast and rigging work if needed . they are very good so i have heard .

I will Sands I'm not sure what prices are like in port Philip ?

i,m not sure about port phillip hard stand prices either . but i do know that the service at yaringa is excellent .
and have heard rumors that some people have actually trucked boats from QLD to put on the hardstand in yaringa as it was cheaper to do that than have a boat on the hard in brisbane for a long repair/ fit out job .

HG02
VIC, 5814 posts
11 Jun 2015 8:33PM
Thumbs Up

Little update my table storage under the center of the V birth
bit to do yet but seem like it will work Ok

Ill make a tube for the table leg to hold it under the table while in storage

dropped down to the boat down for a quick fitting just then its off center so a few adjustments are in order tomorrow

I need to move the slider across a little tomorrow then all will be OK

cisco
QLD, 12321 posts
12 Jun 2015 12:46AM
Thumbs Up

That is clever HG.

shaggybaxter
QLD, 2519 posts
12 Jun 2015 1:06AM
Thumbs Up

That looks like it works a treat HG. Did you set the height of the V-berth to suit the table?

HG02
VIC, 5814 posts
12 Jun 2015 2:23AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Shaggybaxter said...
That looks like it works a treat HG. Did you set the height of the V-berth to suit the table?

No shaggy .I was going to make a bracket to hang the table on but its nearly perfect height

Slightly higher than the leg once i fix the centrting problem ill sort out height problems
Sitying down with the table out and its worked out just right to eat off
Tomorrrow ill set it up in the cock pit see what sort of bracket can be made to use it out there

HG02
VIC, 5814 posts
12 Jun 2015 2:23AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Shaggybaxter said...

No shaggy .I was going to make a bracket to hang the table on but its nearly perfect height

Slightly higher than the leg once i fix the centrting problem ill sort out height problems
Sitying down with the table out and its worked out just right to eat off
Tomorrrow ill set it up in the cock pit see what sort of bracket can be made to use it out there

HG02
VIC, 5814 posts
12 Jun 2015 8:44AM
Thumbs Up

These old boats as not made by a machine but free hand measurements. Nothing is exactly the same measurement from one side to the other reminds me a
old MG TC nothing is simetrical
A measurement from ether side of the hull to a center line and there not equal

HG02
VIC, 5814 posts
12 Jun 2015 3:16PM
Thumbs Up

Fix teched my bolard kleat down and temp fitted the bow rail as ive aome sorting out for the anchor set up
Mounted my bob stay mount back on uaes fiz tech
Back inside now sort out my table

HG02
VIC, 5814 posts
12 Jun 2015 4:08PM
Thumbs Up

Oops double post

southace
SA, 4762 posts
12 Jun 2015 5:00PM
Thumbs Up

Brought a couple of jerrys from Bunnings and pressed up the tanks. Went for a 1.5 motor round the bay as it was a perfect winters day with 5 knots of breeze. Working on adding my new self taylors bit of a painful job as shifting them aft reduces the cockpit combing will be fitting some hard wood once I get a couple of bolts in to hold them in place?

HG02
VIC, 5814 posts
12 Jun 2015 7:47PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
southace said..
Brought a couple of jerrys from Bunnings and pressed up the tanks. Went for a 1.5 motor round the bay as it was a perfect winters day with 5 knots of breeze. Working on adding my new self taylors bit of a painful job as shifting them aft reduces the cockpit combing will be fitting some hard wood once I get a couple of bolts in to hold them in place?

They don't suit the boat you better send them to me South Ace

HG02
VIC, 5814 posts
12 Jun 2015 7:51PM
Thumbs Up

My draw tracks were dropped off today

There a little heavier than I thought they would be
Ill be making a couple of draws to fit in under the table storage

southace
SA, 4762 posts
12 Jun 2015 7:23PM
Thumbs Up

They would sink your boat ho2! U can have my old non self Taylor's 28s for $500

HG02
VIC, 5814 posts
12 Jun 2015 8:02PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
southace said..
They would sink your boat ho2! U can have my old non self Taylor's 28s for $500

Bugger

southace
SA, 4762 posts
12 Jun 2015 7:40PM
Thumbs Up

I think I will try to centralise the winches rather have them set outbound..... Big job eithet ways! But worth it. I hate being at the helm and having to ask crew to adjust sheets ....the main is bad enough as it is in the cockpit on top of the cabin but I can over come that with a throw off if need be..... Dam boats. I want that 45 Joe Adams in Malaysia !

HG02
VIC, 5814 posts
12 Jun 2015 9:09PM
Thumbs Up

southace said..
I think I will try to centralise the winches rather have them set outbound..... Big job eithet ways! But worth it. I hate being at the helm and having to ask crew to adjust sheets ....the main is bad enough as it is in the cockpit on top of the cabin but I can over come that with a throw off if need be..... Dam boats. I want that 45 Joe Adams in Malaysia !

http://www.boatpoint.com.au/boats-for-sale/private/used/SSE-AD-3331213/2015-ADAMS-45?cr=6&psq=%28%28Make%3DADAMS%26%28%28%28SiloType%3DDealer%20used%20boats|SiloType%3DDealer%20new%20boats%29|SiloType%3DPrivate%20used%20boats%29|SiloType%3DDemo%20and%20near%20new%20boats%29%29%26Service%3DBoatsales%29&pso=0&pss=Premiu

This will keep you busy

andy59
QLD, 1153 posts
12 Jun 2015 10:30PM
Thumbs Up

HG02 said..

southace said..

http://www.boatpoint.com.au/boats-for-sale/private/used/SSE-AD-3331213/2015-ADAMS-45?cr=6&psq=%28%28Make%3DADAMS%26%28%28%28SiloType%3DDealer%20used%20boats|SiloType%3DDealer%20new%20boats%29|SiloType%3DPrivate%20used%20boats%29|SiloType%3DDemo%20and%20near%20new%20boats%29%29%26Service%3DBoatsales%29&pso=0&pss=Premiu

This will keep you busy

I love the creative copyrighting: "The large cockpit could be partially enclosed with a fibre-glass hard-top. The options to suit yourself are limitless!". Yep, you've got plenty of options when you build a boat.

samsturdy
NSW, 1659 posts
13 Jun 2015 11:09AM
Thumbs Up

Took the flywheel off the Bukh (it resisted) and found the oil leak. Oil is leaking from the cover gasket. I'll need to replace the crank seal as well, although that is not leaking. Thanks for the help HG.

HG02
VIC, 5814 posts
13 Jun 2015 1:55PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
samsturdy said...

Took the flywheel off the Bukh (it resisted) and found the oil leak. Oil is leaking from the cover gasket. I'll need to replace the crank seal as well, although that is not leaking. Thanks for the help HG.

On the dv 20 theres a y tube that the water pump hose is conected to while you have the fly wheel off remove the tube make sure its clear
Or poke a wire throught it if you dont want to remove it
Dv10 might not have this tube as it directs water to the rear cylinder
Im not sure

HG02
VIC, 5814 posts
13 Jun 2015 2:05PM
Thumbs Up

Works really well ill take it home during the werk and paint the v birth frame and add some carpet for the table to slide on

HG02
VIC, 5814 posts
13 Jun 2015 2:05PM
Thumbs Up

Works really well ill take it home during the werk and paint the v birth frame and add some carpet for the table to slide on

HG02
VIC, 5814 posts
13 Jun 2015 6:44PM
Thumbs Up

Topped driftwood's fuel tank put my flares and fire extinguisher on Board and took her out in the bay for a run

Roama
TAS, 194 posts
13 Jun 2015 6:59PM
Thumbs Up

My 12yr old son made 12mm teak dowels for our ketch. A special day together in the man cave.

Boatin
NSW, 179 posts
13 Jun 2015 7:44PM
Thumbs Up

Just Messing Around With the Boat Today

th

SandS
VIC, 5904 posts
13 Jun 2015 8:43PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
HG02 said..
Topped driftwood's fuel tank put my flares and fire extinguisher on Board and took her out in the bay for a run

nice day for it HG ........... magic weather , we could do with that every Saturday !!!

madmission
VIC, 234 posts
13 Jun 2015 9:18PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
HG02 said..

Woo hoo

Sign of things to come .....trip report , photos ?

love the table idea

Subscribe

Forums > Sailing General

"What did you do to your sailing boat today ?" started by Boatin