Forums > Sailing General

Where did you go on your sailing boat today?

Created by DrRog > 9 months ago, 4 Oct 2014
whiteout
QLD, 264 posts
2 Sep 2016 2:04PM
Thumbs Up

Went to Brampton Island for a few days it was fantastic.

HG02
VIC, 5814 posts
2 Sep 2016 2:36PM
Thumbs Up

Nice one white-out

boty
QLD, 685 posts
2 Sep 2016 3:49PM
Thumbs Up

one of my favorite anchorages find it hard to believe they closed the resort

whiteout
QLD, 264 posts
3 Sep 2016 8:16AM
Thumbs Up

The latest gossip on the resort is that it was sold by Audami the mining company to a South African Petroleum Billionaire who is going to rebuild it to a 5 star resort. Lets wait and see but the idea is promising for a little work for me and a few others to build a resort in an area where there is a lot of unemployment.

DAMA
QLD, 239 posts
3 Sep 2016 11:37AM
Thumbs Up

That cat sure put a few anchors out!

stupid
QLD, 211 posts
5 Sep 2016 5:34PM
Thumbs Up

Does lizard island count?

DAMA
QLD, 239 posts
5 Sep 2016 9:34PM
Thumbs Up

Not if you don't have photo's

Lazzz
NSW, 883 posts
11 Sep 2016 7:26PM
Thumbs Up

Had my first solo sail on Larrikin today - can't get the grin off my face :)

shaggybaxter
QLD, 2526 posts
11 Sep 2016 7:33PM
Thumbs Up

Woohoo! Congrats Lazzarae!
Looks like a nice day for it. How did you go docking?

Lazzz
NSW, 883 posts
11 Sep 2016 8:33PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
shaggybaxter said..
Woohoo! Congrats Lazzarae!
Looks like a nice day for it. How did you go docking?

Thanks SB - I've had the boat in the water for nearly 2 years but the mast only went on early this year & then the rigging & sails. Christened the sails a fortnight ago.

I am on a swing mooring so don't have to get into a berth but I have no trouble docking at wharves & jetties these days. At 18t I had to learn not to take out the smaller jetties!!

Jode5
QLD, 853 posts
11 Sep 2016 9:32PM
Thumbs Up

After being overseas for the past 10 weeks it was good to jump on the boat with a mate and just go for a sail on the bay for a couple of hours even if it was only blowing 7 knots.

shaggybaxter
QLD, 2526 posts
11 Sep 2016 10:22PM
Thumbs Up

I'm jealous Jode5, it looked to be a glorious day to be on the water, and I don't get to see the boat till this Friday.

cisco
QLD, 12324 posts
11 Sep 2016 10:56PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Lazzarae said..

Well done Larry. I know that has been a two and a half year project. Big chuffs for you.

Andrew68
VIC, 418 posts
12 Sep 2016 10:49PM
Thumbs Up

just out of St Kilda at midday.

andy59
QLD, 1153 posts
13 Sep 2016 7:14AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Lazzarae said...

Well done mate it's an awesome feeling

boty
QLD, 685 posts
13 Sep 2016 7:22AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Andrew68 said..
just out of St Kilda at midday.

great photo

Ramona
NSW, 7569 posts
13 Sep 2016 7:45AM
Thumbs Up

This video was exactly 12 months ago. I was out in exactly the same place yesterday but a little less wind. Glorious day and a little sunburned!

andy59
QLD, 1153 posts
13 Sep 2016 9:34PM
Thumbs Up

Here's a pic of my hard dodger under construction

keensailor
NSW, 699 posts
15 Sep 2016 10:08PM
Thumbs Up

We sailed from Drummoyne to Wollongong harbour. Took 7 hours from Sydney heads to Wollongong harbour, which was 44 nm.
Was quite blowy. Did three quarters of trip on a reefed main alone and was averaging 6 knots. Very happy with the way the boat went, except at times I would have liked a second reef with a storm jib, that would have been more balanced.

keensailor
NSW, 699 posts
16 Sep 2016 10:00PM
Thumbs Up

Finished our trip today with the final passage from Wollongong to Callala bay. 9 hours, not as quick as previous day

View of cliffs around point perpendicular was spectacular.

Windjana
WA, 396 posts
16 Sep 2016 8:26PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
keensailor said..
We sailed from Drummoyne to Wollongong harbour. Took 7 hours from Sydney heads to Wollongong harbour, which was 44 nm.
Was quite blowy. Did three quarters of trip on a reefed main alone and was averaging 6 knots. Very happy with the way the boat went, except at times I would have liked a second reef with a storm jib, that would have been more balanced.

Good stuff, good to see you out there getting into it!

Windjana
WA, 396 posts
16 Sep 2016 8:33PM
Thumbs Up

Some of the crew from the Shag Islet Cruising Yacht Club reunion 2016 - "exclusively non exclusive".

Jode5
QLD, 853 posts
16 Sep 2016 10:51PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
NowandZen said..
Some of the crew from the Shag Islet Cruising Yacht Club reunion 2016 - "exclusively non exclusive".

Missed Shaggers this year but will be there next year.

Ramona
NSW, 7569 posts
17 Sep 2016 8:36AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
keensailor said..
Finished our trip today with the final passage from Wollongong to Callala bay. 9 hours, not as quick as previous day

Any fish? Few good Kingfish along there at the moment, probably stop a NS27 dead though. I'm heading out this morning but will probably go North.

shaggybaxter
QLD, 2526 posts
17 Sep 2016 5:34PM
Thumbs Up

We got suckered by the beautiful sailing conditions, and elected to head out to Breaksea and straight down off Fraser Island.
Currently enjoying a glorious sunset off Orchid Beach , drinks in hand, cheese and salami platter ....can we just stay out here??

Edit: Argh!! Bloody IPhone , sorry chaps.

Ramona
NSW, 7569 posts
17 Sep 2016 6:24PM
Thumbs Up

Glorious day at sea today. Sailed up to Geroa and just off the point broke the headsail halyard. Fortunately I have another one, my boat has 2 of everything. Only about 10 to 12 knots of wind and I had the sail down and rehoisted fairly easily. Probably kept the patrons of the Fishermans Club at Geroa amused as they lunched!

LooseChange
NSW, 2140 posts
17 Sep 2016 8:44PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
shaggybaxter said..
We got suckered by the beautiful sailing conditions, and elected to head out to Breaksea and straight down off Fraser Island.
Currently enjoying a glorious sunset off Orchid Beach , drinks in hand, cheese and salami platter ....can we just stay out here??

All good now

keensailor
NSW, 699 posts
18 Sep 2016 6:21AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ramona said...
keensailor said..

Any fish? Few good Kingfish along there at the moment, probably stop a NS27 dead though. I'm heading out this morning but will probably go North.

No fishing, but did see some young Dolphins. I was surprised how long it took to sail around Beecroft peninsula. Once we were in Jervis and heading to Callala we noticed the navionics app on iPhone had two long thin sections of land where it was clearly water. Same app on iPad didn't show it. Strange.

Ramona
NSW, 7569 posts
18 Sep 2016 8:11AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
keensailor said..

Ramona said...

keensailor said..

No fishing, but did see some young Dolphins. I was surprised how long it took to sail around Beecroft peninsula. Once we were in Jervis and heading to Callala we noticed the navionics app on iPhone had two long thin sections of land where it was clearly water. Same app on iPad didn't show it. Strange.

Caution when using Navionics off Shoalhaven Heads as well, it shows it as an entrance when it clearly is not.

All@Sea
TAS, 231 posts
18 Sep 2016 10:28AM
Thumbs Up

Subscribe

Forums > Sailing General

"Where did you go on your sailing boat today?" started by DrRog