Armstrong 1550 with 232 tail

Created by kobo > 9 months ago, 10 Feb 2020
Jeffs256
NSW, 57 posts
18 May 2020 6:09PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Cygnify said..
Is everyone on the 72cm mast? I'm finding these days that I would prefer something slightly longer, but the gap to 85cm seems a bit too big. Love to hear if anyone can compare or let me know what your riding?

I had the same concern - I've been riding the 1.0 GoFoil 29.5" tuttle mast with a plate adapter - makes it around 80cm, although never understand how it's measured.

So after a couple of years and some very worn out Iwa and Kai wings malleted on and off hundreds of times, I've made the jump to the precision Armie engineered HS1550 on a 72 mast, 60 fuse and 232. The height difference was only about 5 cms. The weight difference (cf. to GoFoil v1.0 ) was ridiculous - like picking up a balloon!

And just like surfboards - you can't judge from your first surf. I breached, crashed and spun out like a *&% on my first session. Thought I'd wasted a bag of money - but the next session (Foil Bay) was magic, and its just getting better now I've sorted the right elevation. If you're reading this thread you're probably already converted to titanium, but having extra speed without feeling topped out, is such a buzz. And I'm not missing the extra mast height, cause the lift is so linear, you don't have that late horror your front foot is too far back!

Haven't ridden the GL upgrade to compare, but so much happier to have the quality of Armstrong, and Alex from Stonker is a good guy to talk with - he mentioned they are selling a lot of 72cm masts to the pumping brigade so they can get their cadence cranked up!

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle Foiling

"Armstrong 1550 with 232 tail" started by kobo