LOW PRESSURE 18'2'' unlimited

Created by Downwinder > 9 months ago, 22 Sep 2015
Downwinder
QLD, 2027 posts
19 Jan 2016 5:33AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
AndyR said..
After seeing it in the flesh this board is epic.
Very different to whats out there atm. It is a beast.
And after paddling next to you from the calm into the bumps and watching you gap me so easily and glide for so long straight away it was pleasing to see that the board works well in short period swell stuff Iron Phil.
Looked like ease getting onto a bump and maintaining speed on it or over it into the next bump.

Really has me thinking after watching and talking to all the lads with unlimiteds and how well they all have said they go in bay conditions that an unlimited has to be the next weapon of choice for me.

Thanks AndyR Yep LOW PRESSURE has Majestic Glide on the Bumps I'm very please with the Board, LOW PRESSURE keeps ticking all the boxes.

Yep Unlimited is the way Andy they are just way more fun, The glide is Longer, They are more stable and Easier to Surf a Ocean Swell on.

THE SECRET to a good Unlimited Board is:
1. Plenty of Volume
2. Light = anything under 16 kilo's is good 15 kilo is Best.
3. Strong = Good Glass Job

Next time I come up for another Morton Bay Run I'll leave LOW PRESSURE with you for a week so you can do a Downwinder on her.

I'd love to make a 15ft LOW PRESSURE for any Female thats keen on an Unlimited Board "all work is guaranteed and finished to her satisfaction"

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
19 Jan 2016 7:36AM
Thumbs Up

I thought the shortness might not have worked for you in the bay phil but it did hey.

interesting what you said about a sup trail being left .

ali said the same then on new years day.

. I started a touch before her and well the f16 motored in that first up short stuff.

I was about a k ahead but she just followed where I had been on her ace

Downwinder
QLD, 2027 posts
5 Feb 2016 11:43AM
Thumbs Up

LOW PRESSURE Apparel

supsurfers
QLD, 171 posts
6 Feb 2016 6:50AM
Thumbs Up

Downwinder
QLD, 2027 posts
6 Feb 2016 9:28AM
Thumbs Up

Thanks for the footage Supsurfs you could see the potential the Broadwater can deliver, Got a couple of little bumps I almost got to stand on tail a few times.
Be as go as the Morton Bay to Brisbane Harbour run on it's day. Averaging 5:26 min per k for the 10.45km run got down to 4:39 min per k for like 4k's between 11/16km/h

16km/h is quite fast for those conditions.

Looking forward to the next Broadwater run.

Hopefully I can get an Ocean Downwind Paddle in today the Weather Maps are looking good, just hope it Delivers.

Saturday 6/2
Morning Windy conditions with choppy seas. Small craft advisory. Moderate short period wind waves.
Winds: SE 16 to 21 knots.
Seas: SE 2.3 meters at 9 seconds.
Afternoon Windy conditions with choppy seas. Small craft advisory. Moderate short period wind waves.
Winds: SE 17 to 23 knots.
Seas: SE 2.3 meters at 10 seconds.

Downwinder
QLD, 2027 posts
10 Feb 2016 9:39PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Downwinder said..

Hopefully I can get an Ocean Downwind Paddle in Saturday the Weather Maps are looking good, just hope it Delivers.

Saturday 6/2
Morning Windy conditions with choppy seas. Small craft advisory. Moderate short period wind waves.
Winds: SE 16 to 21 knots.
Seas: SE 2.3 meters at 9 seconds.
Afternoon Windy conditions with choppy seas. Small craft advisory. Moderate short period wind waves.
Winds: SE 17 to 23 knots.
Seas: SE 2.3 meters at 10 seconds.

When ever you see Windsurfers at Currumbin Alley means conditions are good for a Downwind Paddle. I said G’day to Oli (a high ranked Detective on the Gold Coast) as I paddled past. Here’s a 35 second Glide (nose cam) getting slingshotted past the Alley you can hear my feet running up and down LOW PRESSURE.

Downwinder
QLD, 2027 posts
13 Feb 2016 10:28AM
Thumbs Up

Surfing the Glide on the Tail

Downwinder
QLD, 2027 posts
14 Feb 2016 8:01PM
Thumbs Up

Here’s almost a two minute GLIDE on LOW PRESSURE doing the Port of Brisbane Downwind 17 kilometre Run, you can see how good LOW PRESSURE just GLIDES in the Trough.

Nozza
VIC, 2843 posts
14 Feb 2016 9:37PM
Thumbs Up

What are you using to film that Phil?
Looks excellent

Downwinder
QLD, 2027 posts
15 Feb 2016 8:46AM
Thumbs Up

Nozza said..
Looks excellent

3rdpersonview - www.sailvideosystem.com

http://www.sailvideosystem.com/p/3rdpersonview-products-164336

Downwinder
QLD, 2027 posts
20 Feb 2016 12:31PM
Thumbs Up

Downwinding on the Gold Coast Broadwater condition where rated 2/10 for the day, so it became just a Downwind training Run, but look how Majestically LOW PRESSURE Unlimited Glides in very ordinary condition

ScottyCee
20 posts
20 Feb 2016 1:20PM
Thumbs Up

It makes ordinary conditions look good Phil and it glides like a dream in good conditions ,really impressive board.

Helmy
VIC, 796 posts
22 Feb 2016 4:11PM
Thumbs Up

DJ, no duct tape!!

Downwinder
QLD, 2027 posts
22 Feb 2016 5:10PM
Thumbs Up

Here's a small 10 Second Glide on the Bay

Nozza
VIC, 2843 posts
22 Feb 2016 9:19PM
Thumbs Up

Downwinder said..

Nozza said..
Looks excellent

Phil, Was your earlier low down video using the G4 gymbal thing?

SUPerD
182 posts
22 Feb 2016 9:10PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Downwinder said..
LOW PRESSURE Apparel

Nice! You should market those Downwinder. Maybe get some made up in your signature orange/yellow camo colours... For visibility, of course.
please do up some caps too, for those of us with thinning hair..

Downwinder
QLD, 2027 posts
23 Feb 2016 5:22AM
Thumbs Up

Nozza said..

Downwinder said..

Nozza said..
Looks excellent

Phil, Was your earlier low down video using the G4 gymbal thing?

YES, It's a great angle I think Nozza it's the next best angle to someone filming you from the side on a boat.

Downwinder
QLD, 2027 posts
23 Feb 2016 5:25AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SUPerD said..

Downwinder said..
LOW PRESSURE Apparel

Nice! You should market those Downwinder. Maybe get some made up in your signature orange/yellow camo colours... For visibility, of course.
please do up some caps too, for those of us with thinning hair..

hahaha SUPerD yep thinking about it even some LOW PRESSURE board-shorts

Downwinder
QLD, 2027 posts
28 Feb 2016 8:31AM
Thumbs Up

Port of Brisbane Downwinder Saturday 27th February Cleveland 2 Port of Brisbane run at 12:30pm my wind skywatch gave a reading of 31/40 knots "stoked" but I found conditions very, very ordinary, I'd rate the Bay today a 4/10 average even though I found some fun Bumps LOW PRESSURE finds it easy to Glide.

There was a lot of current moving around. My fastest k was 4:33 and got up to 18.7km/h, it took me 88 minutes for the 17.4km run (slow)

It's a real buzz doing a Brisbane Bay run solo, I love paddling in the ocean "oops" I mean the Bay with no-one around.

The Bay of Brisbane is very fickle for Downwinding but it's the next best thing when the ocean doesn't co-operate.

ScottyCee
20 posts
28 Feb 2016 8:42AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Downwinder said...
Port of Brisbane Downwinder Saturday 27th February Cleveland 2 Port of Brisbane run at 12:30pm my wind skywatch gave a reading of 31/40 knots "stoked" but I found conditions very, very ordinary, I'd rate the Bay today a 4/10 average even though I found some fun Bumps LOW PRESSURE finds it easy to Glide.

There was a lot of current moving around. My fastest k was 4:33 and got up to 18.7km/h, it took me 88 minutes for the 17.4km run (slow)

It's a real buzz doing a Brisbane Bay run solo, I love paddling in the ocean "oops" I mean the Bay with no-one around.

The Bay of Brisbane is very fickle for Downwinding but it's the next best thing when the ocean doesn't co-operate.

Really nice glides there Phil , love the commentary you frothing grommet !

Downwinder
QLD, 2027 posts
11 Mar 2016 6:38AM
Thumbs Up

I got my hands on a Balinese Pirated Copy hahaha. the quality's a bit piss poor.

It's was filmed my Legend Mr Andrew Worling from his OC1. Location:- Broadwater-Seaway in 25 Knots of Wind

It shows you how fast and how easy LOW PRESSURE Glides

It's truly an amassing Unlimited Downwind SUP "Built For SPEED" one word STOKED.

chucktheskiffie
219 posts
11 Mar 2016 6:46AM
Thumbs Up

Great footwork there DW. Something to aspire to...

Downwinder
QLD, 2027 posts
5 May 2016 3:15PM
Thumbs Up

Tardy
4992 posts
5 May 2016 3:13PM
Thumbs Up

Geez when ya stand it up like that ...she's a long mother ...no wonder its so fast
18.2 vs 14 ' it's always gonna win .it really looks like it glides ............ In the vid .

stoked is the word.

some days like that burn holes in your memory.

Downwinder
QLD, 2027 posts
16 May 2016 7:52AM
Thumbs Up

Gave LOW PRESSURE a run at the Bond Uni Canal this morning at 4:30AM I did the punishing 10x1000’s at 100% I was hurting and did a Personal Best “Yes Please Mr Wizard” Stoked, it’s the fastest I’ve ever paddle an unlimited board in the flat.

If you’re into long distant racing like me, doing races like say M2M, M2O and the KOTC 10x1000’s is very good training fitness for long distance paddling 10 x M2O champion Jamie Mitchell put me onto 10x1000’s way back in 2003 when he introduced me to Downwind Prone Paddleboarding.

I haven’t done 10x1000’s for like 12 months though, I guess when you are fit you can become lazy and training can become a chore.

If done 10x1000’s correctly you will not feel like doing much the rest of the day, as you'll feel like Wallaby Ted's brother Roo Ted.

I truly love my GARMIN 920XT it’s THE BEST Training Watch I have ever owned. I’ve been using the Garmin watches since like 2007 I’ve had the 305XT & the 310XT both great training watches, but the 920XT s#@#t all over both of them.

If the GARMIN 920XT had a Tide Chart like the RIP CURL Tide Watch the GARMIN 920XT would be the best watch on the Planet.

If you don't shop around you'll pay top dollar for a GARMIN Watch.

Carbs79
NSW, 67 posts
19 May 2016 7:42PM
Thumbs Up

Why you selling low pressure?

Downwinder
QLD, 2027 posts
19 May 2016 8:08PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Carbs79 said..
Why you selling low pressure?

No not selling LOW PRESSURE Carbs79 I really like that board, she's a magic board. I just put it on there incase somebody is looking for an Unlimited Downwind Board, I would make them a Brand New One, from 15ft to 18ft 24" to 28" inches wide, as your not allowed to sell New boards on that site (just thinking outside the box) got nothing to loose.

Hawaiiheke
319 posts
20 May 2016 6:54AM
Thumbs Up

Will you ship to NZ?

Downwinder
QLD, 2027 posts
20 May 2016 6:09PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Hawaiiheke said..
Will you ship to NZ?

Yep no problem Hawaiiheke, but it's not cheap. It will cost you.

Downwinder
QLD, 2027 posts
21 May 2016 6:03PM
Thumbs Up

Took LOW PRESSURE for an Ocean Downwind Paddle today. First ocean paddle in like 2 months due to El Niño's poor Downwind conditions we have been having.
El Niño has been Great for Surfing on the Gold Coast, but no good for Downwinding.
But today the Gold Coast had like 12 knots of SE winds with a SSE swell in the one foot rang. There was some fun little Bumps to be had.
Even in these light SE wind conditions, you can still get on the Tail of LOW PRESSURE and Surf Her.

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

"LOW PRESSURE 18'2'' unlimited" started by Downwinder