SUPerD
182 posts
22 May 2016 7:13PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Downwinder said..

Carbs79 said..
Why you selling low pressure?

No not selling LOW PRESSURE Carbs79 I really like that board, she's a magic board. I just put it on there incase somebody is looking for an Unlimited Downwind Board, I would make them a Brand New One, from 15ft to 18ft 24" to 28" inches wide, as your not allowed to sell New boards on that site (just thinking outside the box) got nothing to loose.

Phil, if you weren't upside down on the othe side of the planet from me, I'd be all over a LP... I guess I'll have to settle on some low Pressure boardies as soon as you find the time to market them.. I'll take a orange/yellow camo pair please...

Downwinder
QLD, 2015 posts
26 May 2016 2:03PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SUPerD said.

Phil, if you weren't upside down on the othe side of the planet from me, I'd be all over a LP... I guess I'll have to settle on some low Pressure boardies as soon as you find the time to market them.. I'll take a orange/yellow camo pair please...

G'day SUPerD I'm working on it, just goto find the right material for the LOW PRESSURE Boardies.

Downwinder
QLD, 2015 posts
12 Sep 2016 12:57PM
Thumbs Up

Got Goran who's one of the best Vintage Surfboard Restores and dig repairers on the Gold Coast to make me a weed fin for LOW PRESSURE for the Doctor & KOTC Race this December. The weed in WA is just a punishing it coast me big time at the KOTC race last year, so I'm hoping this weed fin does the job.
Thanks Goran you da man.

Downwinder
QLD, 2015 posts
8 Nov 2016 6:20AM
Thumbs Up

LOW PRESSURE is wrapped in cardboard and ready to be transported this weekend to WA's KOTC race.
Looking forward to hanging out with Luke Jenkins and the rest of the WA crew, so keen to test LOW PRESSURE on the City Beach run with Stimo and gang.
And frothing for the Mandurah Run Downwinder.

supsurfers
QLD, 171 posts
8 Nov 2016 7:12PM
Thumbs Up

Will that fit in the letterbox ????????

SUPerD
182 posts
8 Nov 2016 8:32PM
Thumbs Up

Wrap that rascal.. Be safe.

Tardy
4977 posts
9 Nov 2016 3:52AM
Thumbs Up

Good luck Phil.
weed collects when going slow .so ya won't get any .
I'll be windsurfing .
blowing good over there now .after 2 o'clock .

Downwinder
QLD, 2015 posts
30 Nov 2016 10:04AM
Thumbs Up

Got a lift up to Mandurah yesterday with Cameron McKay from Stand Up Surf Shop Fremantle thanks LEGEND.

There was about 16 of us doing the Half Cut KOTC run 11.5km

Conditions where Bulk Fun after the first kilometre I was cruising surfing all over the place doing under 5 minute k's all the way my fastest being 4:23 got one bump that linked up about 6 swells I was standing so far back on LOW PRESSURE I nearly fell off.

connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1465962020

Downwinder
QLD, 2015 posts
10 Dec 2016 10:58AM
Thumbs Up

At 55yo I got a 3rd Place finish in the O/40's Unlimited KoTC Race Mandura WA race last week it truly is the best SUP Downwind race in Australia organised by the committee members of SUPWA what an awesome Job.

Downwinder
QLD, 2015 posts
20 Dec 2016 3:45AM
Thumbs Up

Tardy
4977 posts
20 Dec 2016 3:27AM
Thumbs Up

Nice ..there goes that east coast boy .

It s a big board..

Downwinder
QLD, 2015 posts
2 Mar 2017 3:38AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Tardy said..
Nice ..there goes that east coast boy .

It s a big board..

hahaha,Thanks Tardy

I showed Mark Raaphorst & Andres Martinez for SIC my Low Pressure Board. They where very impressed with the Nose of the Board on how it realises/disperses the water when you bury the board in the troth on a runner and how I used the Clubbie Ski Rudder System

Downwinder
QLD, 2015 posts
29 May 2017 10:00AM
Thumbs Up

Wow I haven't paddled Low Pressure since like the KOTC in Western Australia 6 months ago.
Conditions haven't been any good for Downwind Paddling.
But the waves have been just Pumping for surfing the last 6 months I've been getting surfed out "Life Is Good"

I haven't done much SUP training Paddling in the flat, flat water paddling bores the s@#t out of me.
I'm off to Maui in a few weeks to Paddle Maliko all day it's my Downwind Addiction I love it - can't wait already.

So I thought I'd better start training and the quickest way to get fit is to do 10 x 1000's sprint.
if done correctly this s@#t will work you, you'll be hurting and gasping for oxygen, the whole training session.

To train smart is to train with a Garmin Watch, or you're just pis@ing into the wind.

I was more than happy with my time as I haven't done 10 x 1000's on Low Pressure for like 12 months already.

Once I minus the one minutes rest at each end it worked out for 10 kilometres it took me 61 minutes 59 seconds I'm a 55yo Old Man so thats fast for me - but slow compered to the young weapons, they would have smashed me by more that 5 minutes.

Helmy
VIC, 796 posts
29 May 2017 1:14PM
Thumbs Up

Good post Phil.
Have fun over there (sob...sob...)
The 10 x 1 km is one that we don't do down here.
BTW we get conditions like your photo ALL the time!

FOT
WA, 101 posts
5 Jun 2017 5:33PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
magillamelb said..
Looks great!

Is the board 100g Fibreglass, 150g Double Bias Carbon with 100g Carbon uni's on the rails?

Can you PM me as to where you got the double bias carbon from?

Keep the pictures coming!

Hey, Colan Australia may have some;

www.colan.com.au/compositereinforcement/woven-fabrics/carbon-fibre.html

chucktheskiffie
219 posts
6 Jun 2017 8:10AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
FOT said..

magillamelb said..
Looks great!

Is the board 100g Fibreglass, 150g Double Bias Carbon with 100g Carbon uni's on the rails?

Can you PM me as to where you got the double bias carbon from?

Keep the pictures coming!

Hey, Colan Australia may have some;

www.colan.com.au/compositereinforcement/woven-fabrics/carbon-fibre.html

Dude shush!!!! Its a secret!

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

"LOW PRESSURE 18'2'' unlimited" started by Downwinder