Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

The Stand Up Surf Shop King Of The Cut 2015

Created by Goochi > 9 months ago, 10 Aug 2015
Goochi
WA, 846 posts
10 Aug 2015 9:27PM
Thumbs Up

The Ultimate SUP DownWinder-DownUnder

The $16,500 Stand Up Surf Shop - King of the Cut is held along on the beautiful Peel Coast line where the famed, powerful and consistent West Coast Seabreeze blows perfect, un-interrupted runners like an endless conveyor belt. In it's 4th year, the King of the Cut is run by SUPWA and proudly sponsored by Stand Up Surf Shop and presented by Redink Homes.

When
Saturday the 5th of December, further details at supwa.tidyclub.com/public/events/1881-the-stand-up-surf-shop-king-of-the-cut

Divisions:

Female Pro Class 14'
Male Pro Class 14'
Female U/40 14'
Female O/40 14'
Male U/40 14'
Male O/40 14'
Male O/50 14'
Open Unlimited (>14')

Prize Breakdown:
Male Pro Class 14'
1st - $5000
2nd - $2200
3rd - $1500
4th - $1000
5th - $750

Female Pro Class 14'
1st - $3500
2nd - $1500
3rd - $1000

*The King of the Cut has a 2 day window for the best conditions - Saturday the 5th and Sunday the 6th. Please keep this in mind when booking return flights.

Wardan Marr Week - DownWinding DownUnder
Wardan Marr is Noongar (the local Aboriginal Tribe in the Perth Region) for Sea Breeze. 5 downwind events are being held in Western Australia in the first week of December.
1. The Doctor - 28th November - oceanpaddler.com/events/the-doctor/
2. The Fig2Fig - 29th November -
entries thru SUPWA gateway TBA
3. The Triple S - 2nd December
4. The King of the Cut - 5th of December
5. The Duel - 6th of December -
mandurahduel.blogspot.com/

Accommodation
Billeting with a friendly SUPWA member is available for interstate and overseas competitors - contact president@supwa.com.au for details.

The Mandurah Sebel Hotel is close to both the start and finish for the King of the Cut and has packages for paddlers for the Duel - www.thesebel.com/western-australia/the-sebel-mandurah/

Board Hire
Boards are available for hire through Stand Up Surf Shop. Contact Cam McKay for further details - Cameron@standupsurfshop.com.au

*ENTRIES CLOSE WEDNESDAY 2nd OF DECEMBER MIDDAY (Limited entry places - 150 paddlers - enter early to avoid disappointment)

marcus
WA, 219 posts
11 Aug 2015 10:42AM
Thumbs Up

Could be quite a few unlimiteds this year. I know the top young men and women will chase the money on a 14 but it would be sweet to see some more of the Aussie unlimited fans like Kissa charging a big board down these runs.

Downwinder
QLD, 2028 posts
12 Aug 2015 6:41AM
Thumbs Up

G'day Goochi; do you know of any Motels close to the KOTC presentation so I can have a few beers at the preso after the race.
Are you guys running a Shuttle Bus for the week to the lead up to the KOTC so we can get a few Downwind runs in.

If anybody wants to share a Motel near the KOYC presentations (to cut cost) I'm keen as long as you're not gay.

Grenfell
NSW, 291 posts
12 Aug 2015 9:55AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Downwinder said..
G'day Goochi; do you know of any Motels close to the KOTC presentation so I can have a few beers at the preso after the race.
Are you guys running a Shuttle Bus for the week to the lead up to the KOTC so we can get a few Downwind runs in.

If anybody wants to share a Motel near the KOYC presentations (to cut cost) I'm keen as long as you're not gay.

I've got room fer ya DWér but you'll have ta wear one of these

Maxeeboy
WA, 335 posts
13 Aug 2015 2:21PM
Thumbs Up

Who will win this years KOTC?

Maxeeboy
WA, 335 posts
23 Oct 2015 3:20PM
Thumbs Up

What a week.

What was the Fig to Fig is now called The Ship2 Shore

Wardan Marr Week - Downwind WA
Wardan Marr is Noongar for Sea Breeze, describing the consistent wind that hits the Southern WA Coast from noon, every day over summer. The first week of December is the most reliable time for strong winds and optimal downwind conditions in Perth. Wardan Marr Week, constitutes five downwind events to appeal to every downwind SUP paddler.

1. The Doctor (28th November)
The world renowned ski and SUP race over 28km from the fabulous Rottnest to Sorrento Beach to the mainland.oceanpaddler.com/events/the-doctor/

2. The Ship2Shore (29th November) The biggest SUP particpation event in WA. 7km paddle from Port Beach to Swanbourne Beach. A great vibe of SUP community, not a race, but a gathering of like minded people enjoying the ocean together and having a great fun DW. International paddlers acting as mentors, a great opportunity to hang out with the top guns paddling alongside you! supwa.tidyclub.com/public/events/1880-the-shorehouse-ship2shore

3. The Triple SSS (2nd December) A mid Downwinder from Port Beach to City Beach. 11km race, with some of the top paddlers from around the country and the world. Share a beer after at the City Beach Clubhouse. www.sunsetsurfskiseries.com/

4. The Stand Up Surf Shop King of the Cut (5th December) The biggest SUP Downwinder in Australia. 24km of groomed Downwind heaven. supwa.tidyclub.com/public/events/1881-the-stand-up-surf-shop-king-of-the-cut

5. The Mandurah Duel The Mandurah Duel will be held on Sunday the 6th of December (the next day) a 10km downwinder with prize money. mandurahduel.blogspot.com.au/

Downwinder
QLD, 2028 posts
23 Oct 2015 5:43PM
Thumbs Up

Yep so looking forward to the KOTC Race, can't wait already.

I'd like to thank Cameron McKay from Perth's StandUp Surf Shop for letting be borrow a SIC 17'4'' Bullet for the race, "STOKED"

and I'd also like to thank Luke and Michele Jenkins for letting me share there home with them, "STOKED"

I think I'd better wear 2 PFD's for the Mandurah Duel race because I'll be so hung over after the KOTC race.

See ya's in 6 weeks IP

Kieranr
NSW, 526 posts
23 Oct 2015 8:55PM
Thumbs Up

Yeeeewwwwwwww!!!!
See you there Phil; I'm sending my 17'4" Bullet up too.
Should be a good unlimited crew racing!! :)

Radman
WA, 629 posts
24 Oct 2015 6:48AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Kieranr said...
Yeeeewwwwwwww!!!!
See you there Phil; I'm sending my 17'4" Bullet up too.
Should be a good unlimited crew racing!! :)

+1unlimited

Goochi
WA, 846 posts
26 Oct 2015 1:18PM
Thumbs Up

Here's a brief intro to all the Downwinding fun in WA in December.

Check out: www.facebook.com/Wardanmarrweek
for details about 10 days of the best Downwinding on the Planet.

Hoffinator
WA, 38 posts
27 Oct 2015 10:16PM
Thumbs Up

Just a heads up....

Mandurah Duel has been postponed........

"Unfortunately, The Duel could not be held in Dec. It has been agreed to move it to Jan 17th. Oceanpaddler will be updating their website. MOC apologises for any confusion."

Ulesys
WA, 135 posts
28 Oct 2015 8:57PM
Thumbs Up

Devo'd for the guys that work to put on the Duel, they helped make this run known.

I can see trailers loads of mildly hung over frothers heading down any way for an arvo run on the Sunday, perhaps a post paddle Sunday Session in Mandurah

Hoffinator
WA, 38 posts
6 Nov 2015 12:55PM
Thumbs Up

It's my backyard

I'll be there!

Maxeeboy
WA, 335 posts
8 Nov 2015 8:31PM
Thumbs Up

Awesome Down Winding conditions over the past 3 days & next week.
4 weeks till KOTC,

angie pangi
QLD, 1779 posts
9 Nov 2015 7:38AM
Thumbs Up

Please don't use up all the wind you guys hahahaha

Can't wait for kotc

X angie

surf4fun
WA, 1313 posts
9 Nov 2015 6:44AM
Thumbs Up

Plenty of wind all week Ange.

Maxeeboy
WA, 335 posts
10 Nov 2015 9:22PM
Thumbs Up

It's getting closer.

Maxeeboy
WA, 335 posts
11 Nov 2015 2:17PM
Thumbs Up

some handy DW tips from Beau

Maxeeboy
WA, 335 posts
11 Nov 2015 9:57PM
Thumbs Up

Ripping poster, yewww

CMC
QLD, 3954 posts
12 Nov 2015 4:55PM
Thumbs Up

So Stoked that NSP has come on board to sponsor this one!!

Travis Grant is coming back to compete as well as Dale, Alain and Ben Tardrew heading over for both races to hang out with Stimo and the crew...... Not sure where my ticket is though??

Maxeeboy
WA, 335 posts
1 Dec 2015 2:37PM
Thumbs Up

Let the good times roll, the winds are howling for Saturday's kotc

Downwinder
QLD, 2028 posts
1 Dec 2015 6:13PM
Thumbs Up

I'm keen for 2 or 3 Downwind paddles on Thursday and Friday before the KoTC on Saturday someone please book me and save me a seat on the WA shuttle bus I'm frothing like a little grommet on ADHD that's had a glass of red cottee's cordial, haven't done a Downwind paddle since Maliko early August.

Radman
WA, 629 posts
2 Dec 2015 6:52AM
Thumbs Up

Frothing like a madradman downwinder that's good cause your coming to westoz #teamwestozfroth you may have just missed the most consecutive days over 25 kns

Radman
WA, 629 posts
2 Dec 2015 6:56AM
Thumbs Up

www.instagram.com/p/-thPB3yvVG/ It's been 25-35 kns up here had som 1 minute runners at full noise fastest ks 4 min 25 Now if I could only average that I'd be super froth. Hehe

tha dogman
NSW, 2912 posts
2 Dec 2015 10:07AM
Thumbs Up

Is that board Nemo's dad?????

Named Marlin......

Man that thing is RAD

Honestly I would expect nothing less from you radman....lol

Radman
WA, 629 posts
2 Dec 2015 11:09AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
tha dogman said..
Is that board Nemo's dad?????

Named Marlin......

Man that thing is RAD

Honestly I would expect nothing less from you radman....lol

the future hahahahahahahahahhaah

NNSUP
NSW, 1263 posts
2 Dec 2015 4:34PM
Thumbs Up

I love this little bit from the race details I received today.

Shark Management In the event that a shark is spotted, the closest boat will monitor the shark and shadow its position with respect to the paddlers, keeping their vessel between the shark and the paddlers. In the unlikely event that a shark becomes aggressive toward a paddler, please do the following: Sit down on your board to lower your centre of gravityGet the attention of the closest paddler and place your upright hand on your head indicating a finTry to raft up together and wait until the shark moves on

Maxeeboy
WA, 335 posts
2 Dec 2015 3:58PM
Thumbs Up

From the Dr last Saturday, no rafting up required

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
2 Dec 2015 6:21PM
Thumbs Up

its that good in wa even the sharks dw

Maxeeboy
WA, 335 posts
4 Dec 2015 12:48PM
Thumbs Up

The Race Commitee met this morning and the decision was made to hold the King of the Cut on Sunday.
Wind direction and strength was continuing to be forecast into the west and unstable into the afternoon.
The race has always been a 2 day window event, to ensure we get best conditions possible for Downwinding.
New Schedule:0830-0930 - Registration at Secret Harbour
1030 - Race Briefing at Secret Harbour then travel to start
1200 - Race Start
1400 - First competitors home
1600 - Presentations
Sorry for any inconvenience.

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

"The Stand Up Surf Shop King Of The Cut 2015" started by Goochi