Forums > Surfing Longboarding

2014 quiver shots

Created by Macaha > 9 months ago, 19 Mar 2014
CrispCritter
NSW, 50 posts
24 Mar 2014 11:53AM
Thumbs Up

Great boards Fester. Is the Riddler imported or a Chisholm product? I've been watching out for one for years but they just don?t come up second hand, and the new price is a little high for a board that I would be taking out amongst the other punters.

surfbroker
NSW, 1488 posts
24 Mar 2014 1:28PM
Thumbs Up

A bit of everything..

BigSpazz
NSW, 946 posts
24 Mar 2014 1:30PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
surfbroker said..

A bit of everything..

what yr model kean davis?

thePup
13831 posts
24 Mar 2014 10:35AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
surfbroker said..

A bit of everything..

Awesome brother .... BM sticks look sweet there

surfbroker
NSW, 1488 posts
24 Mar 2014 1:52PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks guys,the KD is somewhere '62-'63..old address and bloody thick/heavy..I got it without a fin and as it's 8' 10" (bugger) I had nought to lose so put a box in as it's more a hanger (limited space) and an old mate, who will remain nameless made the fin for me.

BM's go well, as does RG quad.

thePup
13831 posts
24 Mar 2014 10:58AM
Thumbs Up

Ahhhh the Mystery finman from the Hill ??? I was going to ask about that gorgeous girl in red - so familiar of course it's a RG

BigSpazz
NSW, 946 posts
24 Mar 2014 2:11PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
surfbroker said..

Thanks guys,the KD is somewhere '62-'63..old address and bloody thick/heavy..I got it without a fin and as it's 8' 10" (bugger) I had nought to lose so put a box in as it's more a hanger (limited space) and an old mate, who will remain nameless made the fin for me.

nice i love kean davis boards, restoring one now with bad delam in the centre, love the gel coat on that board nice fin too

BigSpazz
NSW, 946 posts
24 Mar 2014 4:10PM
Thumbs Up

surfbroker
NSW, 1488 posts
24 Mar 2014 4:15PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
BigSpazz said..

surfbroker said..

nice i love kean davis boards, restoring one now with bad delam in the centre, love the gel coat on that board nice fin too

Ta..the reason I bought it in the first place, other than it was cheap, was that it's nearly identical to the first custom my old man bought me in '63, same colour panels but mine was shorter..I have a pic of it when I took it out at Greenmount in '64..Real funny how KD is not considered a "good" manufacturer or worthy of a collection as A) Limited 3 year manufacturer..B) Involved some big name..Gordon Merchant..Kev Brennen..Warren Cornish....but not made at Brooky..prob says it

Yeah delam, this one had a bit on the bottom, around the fin..but the deck is near perfectand has no knee paddle dents at all which is rare for a board from this era..

BigSpazz
NSW, 946 posts
24 Mar 2014 4:21PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
surfbroker said..

BigSpazz said..

surfbroker said..

Ta..the reason I bought it in the first place was that it's nearly identical to the first custom my old man bought me in '63, same colour panels but mine was shorter..I have a pic of it when I took it out at Greenmount in '64..Real funny how KD is not considered a "good" manufacturer or worthy of a collection as A) Limited 3 year manufacturer..B) Involved some big name..Gordon Merchant..Kev Brennen..Warren Cornish....but not made at Brooky..prob says it

yer i did notice that, i love Gill surfboards, they are similar as they are not very collectable but so under-rated as a shaper. He made some awesome boards in his day.

here is the KD

surfbroker
NSW, 1488 posts
24 Mar 2014 4:23PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
BigSpazz said..

surfbroker said..

Shame about that "lift off"..it can be repaired though..nice comp stripes to.

fester
WA, 349 posts
24 Mar 2014 1:24PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
CrispCritter said..
Great boards Fester. Is the Riddler imported or a Chisholm product? I've been watching out for one for years but they just don?t come up second hand, and the new price is a little high for a board that I would be taking out amongst the other punters.

Chisholm wasnt allowed to make that model.All done by Tyler him self & signed.

BigSpazz
NSW, 946 posts
24 Mar 2014 4:26PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
fester said..

CrispCritter said..

Select to expand quote
surfbroker said..

BigSpazz said..

surfbroker said..

Shame about that "lift off"..it can be repaired though..nice comp stripes to.

yup we cut her open and filled it with resin, worked really well and is solid as a rock now, will get a photo up when finished

fester
WA, 349 posts
24 Mar 2014 1:26PM
Thumbs Up

BigSpazz said..
fester said..

Chrispy Have had several S/coasters prefer square tails the N/rider is a great board.

The Bonga is a good one quiver board, rides well in most surf .Ridin it in knee high B/breaks to double head Indo & has stood up to a beating good construction.

The Tyler well what can I say, best board I have owned.

Even hand delivered it, that is service!

do you run the original tyler fin in it? i run a captain fin co and find it much better

Bigspazz I run the original fin its fixed,I did order a box but didnt get it.

BigSpazz
NSW, 946 posts
24 Mar 2014 4:27PM
Thumbs Up

fester said..

BigSpazz said..
fester said..

Chrispy Have had several S/coasters prefer square tails the N/rider is a great board.

The Bonga is a good one quiver board, rides well in most surf .Ridin it in knee high B/breaks to double head Indo & has stood up to a beating good construction.

The Tyler well what can I say, best board I have owned.

Even hand delivered it, that is service!

do you run the original tyler fin in it? i run a captain fin co and find it much better

Bigspazz I run the original fin its fixed,I did order a box but didnt get it.

nice, makes it even rarer in aus then :)

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
24 Mar 2014 4:29PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
surfbroker said..
Ta..the reason I bought it in the first place, other than it was cheap, was that it's nearly identical to the first custom my old man bought me in '63, same colour panels but mine was shorter..I have a pic of it when I took it out at Greenmount in '64

SB that is almost exactly the same reason that I am presently re-doing this one. Was stoked when I found it as its my age and an almost identical shape to the first board I ever stood up on. Just need to do the host coat and sand her back. Fixed about 25 holes in her! Lucky she had been out of the water for over 10 yrs so was dry as a bone.

BigSpazz
NSW, 946 posts
24 Mar 2014 4:44PM
Thumbs Up

nice ted, looks in good nick hows the fin?

surfbroker
NSW, 1488 posts
24 Mar 2014 4:54PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thePup said..

Ahhhh the Mystery finman from the Hill ??? I was going to ask about that gorgeous girl in red - so familiar of course it's a RG

Thought you might like it..has the best gloss finish (JD I'm pretty sure)..Had this one last week..but it's goooone to a new home in N'castle..It was a "Barn Find" but too big for me..made for "TANK"

Killbot
WA, 201 posts
24 Mar 2014 1:55PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
BigSpazz said..
i am the first to say im not a hipster far from it

I'm sure you're not. You're unique and different and you were doing it before it was cool... just like every other Hipster.

BigSpazz
NSW, 946 posts
24 Mar 2014 4:56PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Killbot said..

BigSpazz said..

I'm sure you're not. You're unique and different and you were doing it before it was cool... just like every other Hipster.

nah mate try again

Killbot
WA, 201 posts
24 Mar 2014 2:14PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
BigSpazz said..
Killbot said..

BigSpazz said..

nah mate try again

If it looks like a duck and it quacks like a duck and it lives in Bondi and it collects vintage longboards and it refuses to wear a leg rope...

BigSpazz
NSW, 946 posts
24 Mar 2014 5:15PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Killbot said..

BigSpazz said..
Killbot said..

BigSpazz said..

nah mate try again

If it looks like a duck and it quacks like a duck and it lives in Bondi and it collects vintage longboards and it refuses to wear a leg rope...

huh?

thePup
13831 posts
24 Mar 2014 3:37PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
surfbroker said..

thePup said..

Thought you might like it..has the best gloss finish (JD I'm pretty sure)..Had this one last week..but it's goooone to a new home in N'castle..It was a "Barn Find" but too big for me..made for "TANK"

Sweet brother ..... good work & Huey must bless you for it ..... Goodvibes

CrispCritter
NSW, 50 posts
25 Mar 2014 3:54PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
fester said..

CrispCritter said..

Wow Fester, that really makes those boards that much more unique. No wonder there so hard to come by. I'm sure that a quick review of the board would be appreciated by some here if you feel inclined to do one!

Macaha
QLD, 21885 posts
25 Mar 2014 3:10PM
Thumbs Up

Still waiting on a few more shots

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
25 Mar 2014 8:13PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

too busy working and making the most of this swell run we are having to take quiver pics Mac - sorry DJ posted this quiver shot of the new Naish/Gerry Lopez proto's for Kai to test..so I stole it from him in the 666 room

surfbroker
NSW, 1488 posts
25 Mar 2014 8:24PM
Thumbs Up

Might those be new models of .."Humping Thrusters"

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
25 Mar 2014 8:38PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..

Macaha said..

too busy working and making the most of this swell run we are having to take quiver pics Mac - sorry DJ posted this quiver shot of the new Naish/Gerry Lopez proto's for Kai to test..so I stole it from him in the 666 room

Get that h@t outta here

Macaha
QLD, 21885 posts
25 Mar 2014 7:47PM
Thumbs Up

Asea sort the photo out above or Pup is taking over.

thePup
13831 posts
25 Mar 2014 5:50PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

Asea sort the photo out above or Pup is taking over.

ppppppfffffffffffttttttt like fark I am Hard on

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"2014 quiver shots" started by Macaha