Forums > Surfing Longboarding

2014 quiver shots

Created by Macaha > 9 months ago, 19 Mar 2014
Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
25 Mar 2014 9:04PM
Thumbs Up

Check out the size of those stringers. They mean business. Kai surfs pretty good - I would be stoked to have me a board made by Gerry - let alone a quiver of them that someone pays me to surf. Good on him.

thePup
13831 posts
25 Mar 2014 6:08PM
Thumbs Up

I know you don't fark with a classic legend icon ... but I would lerve to see a lighting bolt range made Ted ... I'd order one asap

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
25 Mar 2014 9:10PM
Thumbs Up

I have been thinking about doing one on my next board build - I got a template today for the new board - do you think that it would be too cheesy ? I have always wanted a red board with a white lightening bolt and if Gerry will not make me one I might just have to do it myself

climber
NSW, 1125 posts
25 Mar 2014 9:11PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..

Macaha said..

Still waiting on a few more shots

too busy working and making the most of this swell run we are having to take quiver pics Mac - sorry DJ posted this quiver shot of the new Naish/Gerry Lopez proto's for Kai to test..so I stole it from him in the 666 room

MY EYES....... MY EYES....THERE BURINING.....MY EYES...MAKE IT STOP ..PLEEEEEEAAAASSSSEEE

thePup
13831 posts
25 Mar 2014 6:14PM
Thumbs Up

Ted I see Lightning Bolt all over these above me is why I said it .... can you see it too .... go for it mate re: your question - Norah Head Boltz model

weiry
QLD, 5396 posts
25 Mar 2014 8:18PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..

Macaha said..

Still waiting on a few more shots

too busy working and making the most of this swell run we are having to take quiver pics Mac - sorry DJ posted this quiver shot of the new Naish/Gerry Lopez proto's for Kai to test..so I stole it from him in the 666 room

very interesting those boards..they look very narrow for 666's I'm tipping a few of those boards are Hawaiian guns.
notice the stringers and no handles .

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
25 Mar 2014 9:26PM
Thumbs Up

I think they are mainly surf boards - maybe a tow board at the top. Might be a 666 or two hidden underneath. But for me they mostly look like boards for riding waves without a paddle

thePup
13831 posts
25 Mar 2014 8:04PM
Thumbs Up

Go on Ted ..... love to see what you churn out , be awesome I reckon

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
26 Mar 2014 8:45AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..

I have been thinking about doing one on my next board build - I got a template today for the new board - do you think that it would be too cheesy ? I have always wanted a red board with a white lightening bolt and if Gerry will not make me one I might just have to do it myself

Do it bro...I have been loving my 7'0 singly

climber
NSW, 1125 posts
27 Mar 2014 2:02PM
Thumbs Up

As mentioned....replacing a board..been into the SFD shaping bay today and its shaped waiting for the weather to clear so as it can be glassed...along with the others .........which are to be other happy punters

thePup
13831 posts
27 Mar 2014 12:35PM
Thumbs Up

Hey is that Gun shape on the bottom a fishy Climbs ..... looks the goodz that girl

climber
NSW, 1125 posts
27 Mar 2014 3:47PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thePup said..

Hey is that Gun shape on the bottom a fishy Climbs ..... looks the goodz that girl

Heh Pup

Board in the bottom...yep its a "gun shape" with a small swallow tail (fishy look heh)..looks awesome in the flesh..around 8'0 or so I think, give or take a bit.

(Not mine though.... not enough skills for "those days")

rune
WA, 193 posts
25 Apr 2014 4:57PM
Thumbs Up

Hope this works, new iPad and I don't know how to drive it yet.
A family photo!

Macaha
QLD, 21885 posts
25 Apr 2014 7:00PM
Thumbs Up

Rune how are you mate geez been a while.

Simondo
VIC, 8020 posts
25 Apr 2014 7:04PM
Thumbs Up

Rune, I just reported your upside down post! :)
This usually prompts the admin guys to spin the photo around!

rune
WA, 193 posts
25 Apr 2014 5:09PM
Thumbs Up

Good. Been busy for a while now. hoping to get the old stoke back, just bought a "Modern" brand Retro 10 foot nose rider and hoping to do it justice. My days trying to ride smaller boards are just about done, though I will try to revisit some of the boards I already have.
A bit sick of Pert "surf".
Does anyone know how to fix my crappy attempt at.posting photos?

rune
WA, 193 posts
25 Apr 2014 5:11PM
Thumbs Up

I meant Perth surf, I'm not sick of other things that are pert

Macaha
QLD, 21885 posts
25 Apr 2014 7:14PM
Thumbs Up

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
25 Apr 2014 6:33PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said...

Hey rune a r now on the boards would be nice....you have all bases covered by that pic

thePup
13831 posts
25 Apr 2014 8:50PM
Thumbs Up

One of the chicks down at my local has an exact copy almost of that McCoy as well - nice little quiv that set

rune
WA, 193 posts
25 Apr 2014 9:23PM
Thumbs Up

Whether you want to know or not here are the details

top board Hot Buttered 6'4" thruster, a great board when I was younger, sold it to a mate Steve for $100, he gave it back to me a couple of months age
next 7'5" Bruce Montgomery mini mal, too much rocker, paddled like a banana, went well though
Next a great board Hot Brewz, 8'0" elongated modern thruster, now used by my son
a strange board, Surftech McCoy 7'6" Nugget, great flotation and I really would like to give it another go or two, McCoy is very different to every board on the market
A 9'3" MCT Fireball Evolution, great longboard, surfs a lot like a short board, another one to get back into
found this one on a verge rubbish collection, 9'0" Keyo about 1963/64. Needs restoration.
Latest board, 10'0" nose rider, so far only taken out 3 times but nose rides really well and catches wave easily, my future

Teacake
TAS, 1099 posts
25 Apr 2014 11:24PM
Thumbs Up

I will post on of my own ECS quiver just for you weiry I will post all our familes boards at some stage, some cool craft!!

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
26 Apr 2014 4:13PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
rune said..

Whether you want to know or not here are the details

top board Hot Buttered 6'4" thruster, a great board when I was younger, sold it to a mate Steve for $100, he gave it back to me a couple of months age
next 7'5" Bruce Montgomery mini mal, too much rocker, paddled like a banana, went well though
Next a great board Hot Brewz, 8'0" elongated modern thruster, now used by my son
a strange board, Surftech McCoy 7'6" Nugget, great flotation and I really would like to give it another go or two, McCoy is very different to every board on the market
A 9'3" MCT Fireball Evolution, great longboard, surfs a lot like a short board, another one to get back into
found this one on a verge rubbish collection, 9'0" Keyo about 1963/64. Needs restoration.
Latest board, 10'0" nose rider, so far only taken out 3 times but nose rides really well and catches wave easily, my future

The third board in from this end. The Red board with a black tail? Is that the 9' Keyo?

I had an old Plank that was 8'10" growing up i would play with. I would love to still own that one

rune
WA, 193 posts
27 Apr 2014 12:11PM
Thumbs Up

That one is actually a new board. Similar to aTakayama Scorpion, I bought it online from Surfboard Warehouse last year. The second from the end is an old Keyo I found at a council curbl slide cleanup.

thePup
13831 posts
27 Apr 2014 1:00PM
Thumbs Up

A roadside collection score ??????????????? fark at the very least you'd fill any dinks , sand her back & whack a fresh layer and stick it up as a sweet retro wall hanger in the house
But she looks to be in great nick really

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
27 Apr 2014 1:30PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
rune said..

That one is actually a new board. Similar to aTakayama Scorpion, I bought it online from Surfboard Warehouse last year. The second from the end is an old Keyo I found at a council curbl slide cleanup.

Thanks, what size is that one

vanders1
QLD, 3808 posts
23 May 2014 9:49PM
Thumbs Up

I was talking to the Prez this arvo & he couldn't remember what boards I had so thought I'd post this for him.

Trio of Clearwater's 10'2 Noserider, 10' Whalebone & 9'6 Whalebone

thePup
13831 posts
23 May 2014 7:52PM
Thumbs Up

Geez V12 - every time I see that 906 I drool so much it's a thing of fair dinkum orgasm

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
23 May 2014 7:55PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
vanders1 said...
I was talking to the Prez this arvo & he couldn't remember what boards I had so thought I'd post this for him.

Trio of Clearwater's 10'2 Noserider, 10' Whalebone & 9'6 Whalebone

Dropped into the factory today and put in a order for my new one......all bases covered now

I'm so.lazy...I have post up mine. Just noticed there a couple

Nozza
VIC, 2843 posts
23 May 2014 11:28PM
Thumbs Up

Not really a quiver, more like "Devil's Food" to you blokes.
But I do like to try to feel included,
From the left
Helmy's Naish Nalu I think 10'6' surf 666 sinks when I get on it
Borrowed Fanatic Fly 10' not suitable for fat blokes but surfed morning photo taken with some success
Under it my Fly 10'6" fat bloke's surf 666 change my life board
Helmy's Naish 12'6" Javelin thingy - he has a 14' one that looks exactly the same and I can't tell which one he turns up on except they both disappear in to the distance.
Up to the top NSP soft top surf board bought for the eldest daughter 6 maybe years ago, ridden 3 times then left, but now she has a boyfriend who surfs so out it came and ridden twice lately - hopefully a sign of things to come.
12'6" Fanatic Falcon lives here at Phillip Island my first board paddled here
On the Jag Clever Dick's 14' x something boofy nosed (sorry Boof) Fanatic Falcon thing the fin is about 3 ft. from the back and it might as well be 12'6" but what would I know looks impossible to paddle and ugly to boot.
On the ground NSP DC14 my Melb. board I thought the CocoMat looked cool you can't do much with no art on stock boards. Stable as anything and great for an old fat bloke like me to get comfortable on
Glimpse of yellow top right Naish 12'6" Le 24" wide for younger daughter, holds strange fascination to me to try and paddle.
On top of that mate's Trigger something no one can ride or know what it is short board might make a good coffee table or wall decoration been there 10 years.
JAG 1966 S Type my pride and joy - owned 20 plus years, bought both daughters home from hospital after their birth. Eldest now wants to drive it - maybe new thread required "What car do you drive / Like. I love old cars of any description plus customs etc.
Sorry no lawn to judge but it would fail if you could see it

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"2014 quiver shots" started by Macaha