Forums > Surfing Longboarding

2015 Comp Thread

Created by Macaha > 9 months ago, 27 Feb 2015
Macaha
QLD, 21892 posts
18 Dec 2015 6:33AM
Thumbs Up

Wow Kerr just loses which keeps De Souza in the hunt for the title,Mick and Madina in the water exciting event.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
18 Dec 2015 8:21AM
Thumbs Up

Wow - big air from GM. Who ever thought that a world title might be decided by a full rotation air at Pipe !

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
18 Dec 2015 5:27AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said...
Wow - big air from GM. Who ever thought that a world title might be decided by a full rotation air at Pipe !

Air at pipe should not be scored...after all the dribble about hacks not getting points and you need tunes this happens....well

Macaha
QLD, 21892 posts
18 Dec 2015 7:28AM
Thumbs Up

If I was Mick right now I'd be sinking a beer on the beach

Macaha
QLD, 21892 posts
18 Dec 2015 7:39AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..
If I was Mick right now I'd be sinking a beer on the beach

With 3 mins remaining I'd be on the rums.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
18 Dec 2015 8:42AM
Thumbs Up

He adapted to the conditions Chrispy. This might be the official changing of the guard. Brazo's win back to back world titles in a row and have two blokes in the Pipe final. GM wins the triple crown. I guess he owes JOB a few beers.

Macaha
QLD, 21892 posts
18 Dec 2015 7:53AM
Thumbs Up

9 long years and he gets that title,a dream come true,I'm stoked for him

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
18 Dec 2015 8:57AM
Thumbs Up

Yeah must be a pretty good feeing for him right now. I think he spoke really well in that post event interview. Everyone says he is a super nice fella and works really hard. The Brazos were going crazy on the beach ! Watching the Pipe masters is the one final sporting event on my bucket list.

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
18 Dec 2015 9:42AM
Thumbs Up

Thats a ****ing disgrace there is no way they should have split the points in JBay they should have called it off and re-surfed it when the water was cleared...Mick was ripped off

Cobra
9106 posts
18 Dec 2015 6:49AM
Thumbs Up

Mick is still champ in my eyes.

SP
10979 posts
18 Dec 2015 7:27AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Tux said...
Thats a ****ing disgrace there is no way they should have split the points in JBay they should have called it off and re-surfed it when the water was cleared...Mick was ripped off

I've seen this a few times this morning, bit confused?
Have I missed something?
i looked on the wsl leaderboard and Fanning would get 10000 points instead of 8000 if he wins Jbay.
But Adriano has won it by more then that. 3000 points
so he still wins..???

Surely I am missing something??

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
18 Dec 2015 10:37AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SP said..

Tux said...

I've seen this a few times this morning, bit confused?
Have I missed something?
i looked on the wsl leaderboard and Fanning would get 10000 points instead of 8000 if he wins Jbay.
But Adriano has won it by more then that. 3000 points
so he still wins..???

Surely I am missing something??

Nah your probably right maths was never my strong suit...I think the air was over scored in the over scored in the context of the whole event as well

firstpoint
QLD, 613 posts
18 Dec 2015 10:20AM
Thumbs Up

de squeeza should have been eliminated by robinson with that hassleing when robbo had priority,he should have just paddled over the top of the maggot and claimed interference like all the brazzos do,he might be a nice fella out of the water but hes a tard in the water,
having just relieved myself and feeling content the brazzo contingent can surf

oldmic
NSW, 349 posts
18 Dec 2015 1:43PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Cobra said..
Mick is still champ in my eyes.

Yep cobra he sure is white lightning won it yesterday.

Sandsy1
NSW, 814 posts
18 Dec 2015 1:59PM
Thumbs Up

Actually I'm devo'ed. For DeSouza to win the semi with, what was is it, a 6 or 7 plus total. That's a joke! Should have held off for another day. Mason Ho deserved better, he was on fire.

SP
10979 posts
18 Dec 2015 12:05PM
Thumbs Up

Lots of hate for Desouza.. Not sure why, is it just a race thing??? Or something else?

I have never met him so wouldn't judge him..

I agree **** style but deserves it.
Worked as hard as anyone to get where he is..

Well done...

And Mason Ho is a great example of how surfing is supposed to be fun..

Cobra
9106 posts
18 Dec 2015 1:14PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SP said..
Lots of hate for Desouza.. Not sure why, is it just a race thing??? Or something else?

Well done...

hate,, Race,,,,judging WTF are you on about.

pretty quick to start playing those cards mate.

unless somebody deleted their post,,,i don't know what the fark SP is on about.

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
18 Dec 2015 4:19PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SP said..

Everythings fun between bong 5 and 10...after that it depends how seasoned you are...

SP
10979 posts
18 Dec 2015 1:37PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Cobra said...
SP said..

Well done...

Wasn't calling anyone a racist. Sorry if it came across like that but a lot of people, look at the reaction online... just seem to be hating him because he is a Brazo. I.e. Where he is from.

He has worked his arse off for 9 years.. Sure he looks ugly in the water but IMO just as deserving as anyone to win it..

As for the judging. Everyone is a critic but they score them all the same in the end, the good decision and bad probably equal out.

the heats I saw him in he deserved to get through..

Macaha
QLD, 21892 posts
18 Dec 2015 3:44PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SP said..

Cobra said...

SP said..

Well done...

Wasn't calling anyone a racist. Sorry if it came across like that but a lot of people, look at the reaction online... just seem to be hating him because he is a Brazo. I.e. Where he is from.

He like has worked his arse off for 9 years.. Sure he looks ugly in the water but IMO just as deserving as anyone to win it..

As for the judging. Everyone is a critic but they score them all the same in the end, the good decision and bad probably equal out.

the heats I saw him in he deserved to get through..

He couldn't have looked to too ugly in the water hell he just got crowned world champ.

As I said this morning I stoked for him,9 long years probably thinking will this day ever come,well it it did.

SP
10979 posts
18 Dec 2015 1:46PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Tux said...
SP said..

Everythings fun between bong 5 and 10...after that it depends how seasoned you are...

Yeah, It's all giggles to you get a dose of the paranoids and a set unloads in front of you.

And Mac, no doubt he rips but do I like to watch his surfing, not really..

Macaha
QLD, 21892 posts
19 Dec 2015 6:48PM
Thumbs Up

You've got to wonder if this will have an effect on Bedes career, I've met a lot of the ex and current pros over the years and you would not meet a guy as cruisey and humble as Bede. He will be in a wheels chair for at least a month.

Ricardo1709
NSW, 1301 posts
19 Dec 2015 7:58PM
Thumbs Up

I think people are pissed off as the Hawaii leg of the tour especially pipe should be held in good solid pipe may as well have been some random beachie they should have waited last comp of the year they have the money the surfers have the time that wasn't the pipe masters that sucked what a disappointing end to the year to surf the finals in that

Cuttlefish
QLD, 1332 posts
19 Dec 2015 8:39PM
Thumbs Up

In Hawaii they have to stick to their alloted contest days and can only run a certain number of hours per day.
Once they go through their waiting period and lay days they have no choice but to run in what they have left.

Surf69
WA, 883 posts
19 Dec 2015 9:16PM
Thumbs Up

Desouza was consitant, all year. Medina was over scored for that air, especially at pipe but Kelly was probably underscored on that last wave in his heat against Mick. I really feel that Mick surfed that contest better than anyone other than maybe Desouza but it's a bloody shame the world title for Mick was stolen in that heat against Medina.
That would have had to have been one of the best comps for ages with all the ups and downs. Would have been epic to see Owen Wright surf it, I rated him highly for it and an absolute tragedy for Bede, I really hope he makes it back into the WCT.

Macaha
QLD, 21892 posts
23 Dec 2015 6:47PM
Thumbs Up

A Bede update

SP
10979 posts
2 Feb 2016 1:44PM
Thumbs Up

Volcom pro at pipe today.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
3 Feb 2016 11:01AM
Thumbs Up

Thanks SP forgot that comp was on. Some great waves today. JJF just went out. Last 1/4 on now - should be a cracker with Mason and JOB in it. Small fact - only KS, JJF and JOB have ever won this comp!

SP
10979 posts
3 Feb 2016 8:43AM
Thumbs Up

Had some tech troubles early but watching now...

Another day of smoking waves...

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
3 Feb 2016 11:51AM
Thumbs Up

For sure - just set after set after set. Some amazing rides going down.

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"2015 Comp Thread" started by Macaha