2015 Comp Thread

Created by Macaha > 9 months ago, 27 Feb 2015
laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
3 Feb 2016 11:01AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said...
For sure - just set after set after set. Some amazing rides going down.

Is it good enough for you to paddle out ted?

Macaha
QLD, 21893 posts
3 Feb 2016 11:09AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..

Ted the Kiwi said...

If its a 4 man heat Ted would say its over crowded

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
3 Feb 2016 11:12AM
Thumbs Up

No as good as the waves he gets at home

Macaha
QLD, 21893 posts
3 Feb 2016 11:18AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..
No as good as the waves he gets at home

Manly

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
3 Feb 2016 12:45PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..

Ted the Kiwi said...

I would not paddle out there today - out of my league for sure. A couple big clean up sets that would stop me. Outside of my comfort zone. The 3rd reef is rearing up at times. Otherwise its as perfect as you can imagine. I reckon Drip would probably give it a crack.

SP
10979 posts
3 Feb 2016 9:52AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said...
laceys lane said..

Ted the Kiwi said...

I would not paddle out there today. A couple big clean up sets that would stop me. Outside of my comfort zone. The 3rd reef is rearing up at times. Otherwise its as perfect as you can imagine.

C'mon mate, those second reef ones look like a nice easy roll in...

One of my Mate was there at Xmas during a big swell and said, no way, not ever.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
3 Feb 2016 12:55PM
Thumbs Up

KS still has it ! ! ! Nice victory. He looks stoked with that result. First win for a while.

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
3 Feb 2016 12:57PM
Thumbs Up

Slater for the win...boom

On a board made by a company he owns
At contest run by a company he part owns

...he surfed the best by a country mile

Is it just me or did the telecast for this **** all over anything the WSL have done?

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
3 Feb 2016 1:03PM
Thumbs Up

Yeah but the commentary lacked a little at times - no real opinions on things - but great back slapping - maybe too scared to say the wrong thing ! Insane contest though with 112 people battling it out at perfect Pipe. Loved the view from the drone just in front of the lip looking down into the pit. Hope they can do that at Fiji and Chopes.

Amazing to think how hard it must be to get a wave out there on a normal good day - all the comp guys - 100 plus, more travelling pros - another 50 plus maybe more plus all the old guys and young guys who do not compete anymore or yet and then all the people who do not compete.

Good luck sneaking a good one !!!! !!!!

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
3 Feb 2016 1:19PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..
Yeah but the commentary lacked a little at times - no real opinions on things - but great back slapping - maybe too scared to say the wrong thing ! Insane contest though with 112 people battling it out at perfect Pipe. Loved the view from the drone just in front of the lip looking down into the pit. Hope they can do that at Fiji and Chopes.

Amazing to think how hard it must be to get a wave out there on a normal good day - all the comp guys - 100 plus, more travelling pros - another 50 plus maybe more plus all the old guys and young guys who do not compete anymore or yet and then all the people who do not compete.

Good luck sneaking a good one !!!! !!!!

To much to go wrong in a big crowd like that...you huff and puff around and inevtiably end up on going something you shouldn't...no thanks

SP
10979 posts
3 Feb 2016 3:26PM
Thumbs Up

And when you look back you have burnt a rather large Hawaiian local..

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
5 Feb 2016 6:59PM
Thumbs Up

What a great comp.....was also good to see Volvo using my mate the most talented drew toonz for all their adds......go follow drew toonz and emo cat people

SP
10979 posts
10 Feb 2016 8:38AM
Thumbs Up

Few big wave days coming up

The Eddie Tommorow
And Mavs on Friday..

Lots of traveling for thise doing both.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
10 Feb 2016 2:58PM
Thumbs Up

Yep I am getting barred up. Hope I can find some time to watch it.

SP
10979 posts
10 Feb 2016 12:18PM
Thumbs Up

Yeah, should be a good couple of days if the waves cooperate.

I see red thumb boy is back???

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
11 Feb 2016 4:53AM
Thumbs Up

Doesn't look like Eddies going sadly

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
11 Feb 2016 5:28AM
Thumbs Up

Even though it's not on its the best dawn patrol I have seen by a country mile. Well worth a watch. It's like a doco. Some great names chipping in on the commentary panel.

SP
10979 posts
11 Feb 2016 12:46PM
Thumbs Up

What a let down..

Hope Mavs runs on Saturday.

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
11 Feb 2016 4:01PM
Thumbs Up

Did anyone catch slaters snap during the final of the Volcom.....on his 3rd wave he gets a 2nd reef roll in and then just goes square of the bottom and unloads on the lip....I'm chucking it out there that it was almost as good as Tommy Guns back in '91...wave was a bit smaller but slater was in the lip and Tommy was only mid face

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
11 Feb 2016 5:41PM
Thumbs Up

Yeah that was an insane attempt. How good does your new Tommy inspired spray job look. Awesome

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
11 Feb 2016 6:39PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..
Yeah that was an insane attempt. How good does your new Tommy inspired spray job look. Awesome

Awww che chur bro

Macaha
QLD, 21893 posts
13 Feb 2016 3:33PM
Thumbs Up

Well the pros are starting to arrive in town,the site is under construction,roads sealed off and I've just watched some of the most mind blowing shortboarding I've ever seen at Snapper,I think its gone up a another level.

Macaha
QLD, 21893 posts
16 Feb 2016 12:49PM
Thumbs Up

One mite say the banks are prime atm for the quick pro.

www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/nocookies?a=A.flavipes

Ricardo1709
NSW, 1301 posts
16 Feb 2016 8:07PM
Thumbs Up

Looks like you're going to have swell this weekend again when does the comp kick off.also I was told the boardroom at cooly was best place to pick up a second hand board but couldn't find it closest shop to Stuart rd n Main Street was hammo board store.is boardroom still there?

Macaha
QLD, 21893 posts
16 Feb 2016 9:42PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ricardo1709 said..
Looks like you're going to have swell this weekend again when does the comp kick off.also I was told the boardroom at cooly was best place to pick up a second hand board but couldn't find it closest shop to Stuart rd n Main Street was hammo board store.is boardroom still there?

Not 100% on the comp dates but I'm out of town from the 11th for 2 weeks and the comps on around that time.

Mate the Boardroom is at Miami,I've not heard of there being one in Cooly ?

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
17 Feb 2016 5:45AM
Thumbs Up

So are we going to catch up a few beers at the smokehouse Mac? Should be through Bali around the 15/16th for a night on route back to Sydney. Be good to catch up.

Macaha
QLD, 21893 posts
17 Feb 2016 6:23AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..
So are we going to catch up a few beers at the smokehouse Mac? Should be through Bali around the 15/16th for a night on route back to Sydney. Be good to catch up.

Sure thing Ted.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
17 Feb 2016 2:08PM
Thumbs Up

Might have to do a date change to the 13 if suits. Just had to re arrange a few meetings. Flip side is I am spending this weekend there now instead of in Jakarta. Stoked.

Macaha
QLD, 21893 posts
25 Feb 2016 9:15AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..
Might have to do a date change to the 13 if suits. Just had to re arrange a few meetings. Flip side is I am spending this weekend there now instead of in Jakarta. Stoked.

Hi mate the 13th we are booked in with my daughter and probably future son in law at Single Fin in the arvo/early evening,come join us if you want to let some hair down

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"2015 Comp Thread" started by Macaha