SP
10979 posts
27 Nov 2018 10:29AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

AndyrooMac said..
Honalua looks unreal for the ladies #gosteph

Heard they put Peahi on hold as its gotten too big to paddle, about to stream a tow session

Only one guy made a wave in the fist heat other guys nearly made it but all got hammered it's off for day tomorrow back on

Yep an Alby supposedly packed the wave of the winter 20 minutes after they called it off. It was pretty deadly but awesome viewing. How was Billy kempers interview after blacking out. Madmen.

Macaha
QLD, 21893 posts
27 Nov 2018 12:46PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SP said..

Macaha said..

AndyrooMac said..
Honalua looks unreal for the ladies #gosteph

Heard they put Peahi on hold as its gotten too big to paddle, about to stream a tow session

Only one guy made a wave in the fist heat other guys nearly made it but all got hammered it's off for day tomorrow back on

Yep an Alby supposedly packed the wave of the winter 20 minutes after they called it off. It was pretty deadly but awesome viewing. How was Billy kempers interview after blacking out. Madmen.

Yeah watched that interview amazing

AndyrooMac
TAS, 1925 posts
27 Nov 2018 4:46PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..
Bloody hats off to the girls I reckon Steph just took off on a 15 footer

8ft Hawaiian apparantly... they were calling it 6ft Hawaiian for the day

Macaha
QLD, 21893 posts
27 Nov 2018 3:56PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
AndyrooMac said..

Macaha said..
Bloody hats off to the girls I reckon Steph just took off on a 15 footer

8ft Hawaiian apparantly... they were calling it 6ft Hawaiian for the day

12 to 15 foot then

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
27 Nov 2018 2:41PM
Thumbs Up

The women's comp was terrible

Awesome waves ,but it really showed what a lack of strength and weight does . Those girls could not bury a rail and struggled.

It would have been good to see the men surf the same waves

Stoked for steph

Then the big wave tour got canned because it had big waves . Well **** me

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
27 Nov 2018 3:12PM
Thumbs Up

Longboards are go in Taiwan

AndyrooMac
TAS, 1925 posts
27 Nov 2018 6:28PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..
The women's comp was terrible

Awesome waves ,but it really showed what a lack of strength and weight does . Those girls could not bury a rail and struggled.

It would have been good to see the men surf the same waves

Stoked for steph

Then the big wave tour got canned because it had big waves . Well **** me

I thought Steph/Sally/Malia and Carissa surfed real nice and a few others were ok... I think the same would apply to the men, really only a few of them are worth watching...

Big wave got put on hold bcs it was too big to paddle, it was carnage and I think they lost two skis... They still ran an epic tow session... awesome event that one

Razzonater
2224 posts
27 Nov 2018 3:38PM
Thumbs Up

Kai Lenny sick sick wave. Why did they call it off?????? You don't bring the lions to the colloseum and fail to release the gladiators??? Wtf??

Sunset is good

rhw Taiwan longboarding comp was good until they called it for the day.

what a time to have wifi at work

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
27 Nov 2018 7:09PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Razzonater said..
Kai Lenny sick sick wave. Why did they call it off?????? You don't bring the lions to the colloseum and fail to release the gladiators??? Wtf??

Sunset is good

Kai lenny sick wave was the best thing ive seen since the last time he was making jaws look like a beachbreak .

Must be the best all round surfer in the world

thePup
13831 posts
27 Nov 2018 5:54PM
Thumbs Up

Killing field at the minute

AndyrooMac
TAS, 1925 posts
28 Nov 2018 7:56AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..

Razzonater said..

Sunset is good

Kai lenny sick wave was the best thing ive seen since the last time he was making jaws look like a beachbreak .

I still reckon JJ is the best all round surfer, he's won the Eddie so i'd love to see him at Peahi/Nazare to round things out... and likewise i'd be keen to see how Kai goes surfing 6ft JBay/Snapper/Bells and a few ****ty beach brakes to compare....

One things for sure, this years WSL world champ will not be the actual best surfer in the world...

Macaha
QLD, 21893 posts
28 Nov 2018 7:02AM
Thumbs Up

Yeah he hasn't fronted up at LM a true breeding ground for hipsters

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
28 Nov 2018 7:46AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
AndyrooMac said..

laceys lane said..

Razzonater said..

Sunset is good

I still reckon JJ is the best all round surfer, he's won the Eddie so i'd love to see him at Peahi/Nazare to round things out... and likewise i'd be keen to see how Kai goes surfing 6ft JBay/Snapper/Bells and a few ****ty beach brakes to compare....

One things for sure, this years WSL world champ will not be the actual best surfer in the world...

But kai sups windsurfs foils .racer. Tows Etc etc. Easily the best all round surfer. end of story.
Even slater says that

Macaha
QLD, 21893 posts
28 Nov 2018 8:24AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..

AndyrooMac said..

laceys lane said..

Razzonater said..

Sunset is good

But kai sups windsurfs foils .racer. Tows Etc etc. Easily the best all round suefer end of story.
Even slater says that

LACEY can you shed some light for me. Who's Kai I'm not into windsurfing, sup,foil, racing or tow. Never heard of him but I agree with you because your Lacey

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
28 Nov 2018 9:11AM
Thumbs Up

Why are you so unkind

AndyrooMac
TAS, 1925 posts
29 Nov 2018 9:52AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..

AndyrooMac said..

laceys lane said..

Razzonater said..

Sunset is good

But kai sups windsurfs foils .racer. Tows Etc etc. Easily the best all round surfer. end of story.
Even slater says that

I don't think you can actually make that claim without seeing them actually compete... JJ has a world tour, Triple Crown, Eddie and he does foil, tow and sail... Kai is amazing but its a BS argument really... Kai also loses major points for the SUP thing soooooooo

Macaha
QLD, 21893 posts
29 Nov 2018 9:41AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
AndyrooMac said..

laceys lane said..

AndyrooMac said..

laceys lane said..

Razzonater said..

Sunset is good

Even slater says that

I don't think you can actually make that claim without seeing them actually compete... JJ has a world tour, Triple Crown, Eddie and he does foil, tow and sail... Kai is amazing but its a BS argument really... Kai also loses major points for the SUP thing soooooooo

Lets call it a debate relax put your feet up and enjoy the day

But Andy's last comment is true

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
29 Nov 2018 12:21PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

AndyrooMac said..

laceys lane said..

AndyrooMac said..

laceys lane said..

Razzonater said..

Sunset is good

Even slater says that

Jj isn't in the same class kai as a all rounder
Kai was teaching him to foil

If your all going to be silly i wont play

I cant even believe i wasted my time now.

Macaha
QLD, 21893 posts
29 Nov 2018 12:24PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..

Macaha said..

AndyrooMac said..

laceys lane said..

AndyrooMac said..

laceys lane said..

Razzonater said..

Sunset is good

Even slater says that

Jj isn't in the same class kai as a all rounder
Kai was teaching him to foil

If your all going to be silly i wont play

I cant even believe i wasted my time now.

No doubt Kai is the best at foiling and sup'ing way better than JJF.
I havent really seen him surf but one would say he would be an unreal surfer as well.

AndyrooMac
TAS, 1925 posts
30 Nov 2018 2:58PM
Thumbs Up

This was interesting, gives some more insight into just how fckn intense Hawaii was this week... Didnt watch the final... not sure who won but MUST have been Kai for sure

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
30 Nov 2018 2:50PM
Thumbs Up

Dear andy. He has already won events in the big wave tour.

Just letting you know

Pretty sure from what ive seen and heard,all his peers and the normal sb pro rate him.

Please dont start emailing them to tell them they have it wrong.
They would be really be down on themselves to think they have it wrong and are such poor judges of talent

AndyrooMac
TAS, 1925 posts
30 Nov 2018 4:07PM
Thumbs Up

Fish are biting

Yes, Lacey, I know all about Kai and i'm a huge admirer, heard his story on a podcast

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
30 Nov 2018 3:11PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
AndyrooMac said..
Fish are biting

Yes, Lacey, I know all about Kai and i'm a huge admirer, heard his story on a podcast

Haha.. oh

Macaha
QLD, 21893 posts
30 Nov 2018 3:25PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..

AndyrooMac said..
Fish are biting

Haha.. oh

What is all this talk about pod cast Lacey we must be old school

Razzonater
2224 posts
4 Dec 2018 9:00PM
Thumbs Up

The yallingup Malibu was run on the weekend by the Indian ocean longboard club.
To say it was sizey would be a fair statement.
The level of surfing was nothing short of phenomenal by all ages and sexes.
The freesurfing on Sunday morning was an unbelievable session in solid waves with an amazing vibe.

Theres pics up on Indian Ocean longboard club on facie but the pics below are taken by mick marlin on Sunday ( not of me ) I think this is the men's open or over 40 final.

epic event

Sunday below

Saturday below first rounds it's what they call a character building paddle out in the south of west oz

Macaha
QLD, 21893 posts
5 Dec 2018 7:46AM
Thumbs Up

Great report and images and no thanks to that paddle out

Macaha
QLD, 21893 posts
5 Dec 2018 7:48AM
Thumbs Up

I've got a feeling this years pipe is going to be epic. I also think parko will do well he has been on fire over there this year, go Julian Wilson

Macaha
QLD, 21893 posts
5 Dec 2018 7:49AM
Thumbs Up

Also heard there's a good chance The Eddie will run Thursday I received a message from an Hawaiian friend yesterday saying there's a good chance it will run.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
5 Dec 2018 8:30AM
Thumbs Up

What about the glide comp

And why are you watching short board comps

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"2015 Comp Thread" started by Macaha