QLD, 21893 posts
18 Dec 2018 4:03AM
Thumbs Up

Its ON

Macaha
QLD, 21893 posts
18 Dec 2018 9:39AM
Thumbs Up

LACEY up your training mate we can't have a Brazilian world champion and Triple Crown champion

MickPC
8266 posts
18 Dec 2018 8:05AM
Thumbs Up

Go Julian

Macaha
QLD, 21893 posts
18 Dec 2018 10:09AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
MickPC said..
Go Julian

Hell yeah

Macaha
QLD, 21893 posts
18 Dec 2018 10:25AM
Thumbs Up

And again Medina gets over scored with that 8.77

Macaha
QLD, 21893 posts
18 Dec 2018 10:28AM
Thumbs Up

Martin Potter always talking about himself on tour tosser

AndyrooMac
TAS, 1925 posts
18 Dec 2018 11:29AM
Thumbs Up

Wow, how much can they overscore Medina, his 8.4 was legit but no way his 8.7 was on the same planet as even Julian's 7.9 #rigged

Would have loved to see Parko make his heat and win the triple crown as his swansong...

So good watching Kelly, he's still pure entertainment in the water.

Macaha
QLD, 21893 posts
18 Dec 2018 10:41AM
Thumbs Up

Yeah he got over scored in the semi also

MickPC
8266 posts
18 Dec 2018 8:49AM
Thumbs Up

Agree he was way overscored...especially when you compare Medinas first wave to Julians double barrel backdoor wave, how medinas first wave was scored highy I dont get....otherwise great surfing by both guys GG

AndyrooMac
TAS, 1925 posts
18 Dec 2018 11:50AM
Thumbs Up

When you watch the promo stuff and the scoring it was very clear the WSL wanted him to win. They need to grow markets to increase their base.

They really want another U.S. champ and a Japanese champ to grow those markets too.

Reminds me of the AFL making sure teams that entered new markets won a GF to grow support base, Brisbane, the swans etc and then The Melbourne Storm in the rugby...

I'm glad Medina got that last score though as it did legitimise the win... Julian will be kicking himself about Tahiti, I reckon that cost him the title

Macaha
QLD, 21893 posts
18 Dec 2018 11:01AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
AndyrooMac said..
When you watch the promo stuff and the scoring it was very clear the WSL wanted him to win. They need to grow markets to increase their base.

They really want another U.S. champ and a Japanese champ to grow those markets too.

Reminds me of the AFL making sure teams that entered new markets won a GF to grow support base, Brisbane, the swans etc and then The Melbourne Storm in the rugby...

I'm glad Medina got that last score though as it did legitimise the win... Julian will be kicking himself about Tahiti, I reckon that cost him the title

Yeah but what about the Gold Coast Suns

Still a great year for Julian,new baby,sold he multi million dollar beach front house,runner up at pipe and world tour

Our only hope is Lacey he is the man to watch.

I dropped a few OVER SCORED on a few Brazilian instagram site to stir the pot

AndyrooMac
TAS, 1925 posts
18 Dec 2018 12:03PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

AndyrooMac said..

Still a great year for Julian,new baby,sold he multi million dollar beach front house,runner up at pipe and world tour

They tried to gift one to The Suns but they're too ****e even with it on a platter...

Anyways, technically this is all SB talk which is taboo in this forum

Macaha
QLD, 21893 posts
18 Dec 2018 11:05AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
AndyrooMac said..

Macaha said..

AndyrooMac said..

They tried to gift one to The Suns but they're too ****e even with it on a platter...

Yeah we all know is here they tired to give the Suns a kick,fans are walking away,oh many loses can a fan take.

AndyrooMac
TAS, 1925 posts
18 Dec 2018 12:18PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

AndyrooMac said..

Macaha said..

AndyrooMac said..

Yeah we all know is here they tired to give the Suns a kick,fans are walking away,oh many loses can a fan take.

I don't watch any Australian football or rugby to be fair, but I'm a diehard LFC fan, years of pain but true fans stick with their team and the pain makes the rewards more sweet...

These new teams all have very superficial fan bases is the problem, fans that quickly leave when the winning stops.

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
18 Dec 2018 9:32AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
AndyrooMac said..

Macaha said..

AndyrooMac said..

Macaha said..

AndyrooMac said..

I don't watch any Australian football or rugby to be fair, but I'm a diehard LFC fan, years of pain but true fans stick with their team and the pain makes the rewards more sweet...

These new teams all have very superficial fan bases is the problem

It is awesome you are big on your opinions dude, but they are so flawed and contradictory

The swans took years before they won a flag

The bears who later became the lions took a lifetime to win a flag ,

the poor old suns might never ever win one

So pretty flawed argument to use to bolster your thought process on why the wsl is rigged lol

Also to say new teams fan bases are superficial is ,well please explain that to me just to help me to stop laughing ,as anything new needs time...traditions and power can not be manufactured over night

But the winner is to say you watch and know sweet fa about those sports yet you use them as an example ...

Please, stop, ...i'm dying here

And before you cry that I'm Andy bashing,just read my reply slowly and take a breath before you start calling me names

Pipe was so good to watch and I thought it was one of the first comes of the year that felt like it should have been on the tour.....except for the awesome pool comp

Macaha
QLD, 21893 posts
18 Dec 2018 11:33AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
AndyrooMac said..

Macaha said..

AndyrooMac said..

Macaha said..

AndyrooMac said..

These new teams all have very superficial fan bases is the problem

I dont watch AFL,I read every Monday the Suns got smashed again.

The Gold Coast is full on blow ins so they mostly have the Suns as their second team.

SP
10979 posts
18 Dec 2018 9:58AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

AndyrooMac said..

The best thing that happened to him was he moved to Newy.?
Medina is a beast. Such a good heat strategy and backs it up with ability.

People that say it's rigged are the same people that believe in a flat earth, moon landing conspiracies and chem trails. You seriously, you think they say to the judges score him higher then everyone else and they do it. don't doubt that make mistakes but saying they systematically cheat is a bit rich IMO.

Being there looks completely different to watching it on a 3inch 2 dimensional phone screen.

Macaha
QLD, 21893 posts
18 Dec 2018 12:38PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SP said..

Macaha said..

AndyrooMac said..

People that say it's rigged are the same people that believe in a flat earth, moon landing conspiracies and chem trails. You seriously, you think they say to the judges score him higher then everyone else and they do it. don't doubt that make mistakes but saying they systematically cheat is a bit rich IMO.

Being there looks completely different to watching it on a 3inch 2 dimensional phone screen.

What i was watching on a big screen tv IMO that backdoor wave he scored the same as Julian was not as good cheats

Mac told me to say that,I would never

AndyrooMac
TAS, 1925 posts
18 Dec 2018 5:36PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Haha, oh dear... Sorry if I offended... And awesome if u read and managed a laugh, that's whats intended.. But granted, I'm clearly pretty sh1t at satire
But actually I really don't take myself seriously so I certainly wouldn't expect anyone else too... Anyways, thought I'd attached enough smiley faced emoji's to get that across... Oops

And yeah, I'm clearly no gabe fan, and I do believe he genuinely won the heat though I did feel the scoring was pretty inconsistent and I reckon Julian and Jordy were on the wrong end of it, but for sure theres been days where it goes the other way... And maybe that's also bcs I like watching those guys surf, I respect Gabes ability for sure but don't like his style... and I do reckon he's deserving of the world title much as I would have preferred Julian to win...

As for the AFL stuff, yep, I'm probably wrong in that and happy to be told as much... Wasn't meant to be a serious debate... I guess anecdotally my understanding was that new clubs are given draft preferences/advantages and salary cap extensions whilst they build the clubs, was ages ago but I just remember reading an article where the AFL heavily invested in these new clubs to ensure they succeed and grow new fan bases and sponsors etc and clubs need to have success to do this... Happy to be wrong though, I'm pretty used to it

Anyways, how much and sandpaper did the Aussies use to win that test...

Sorry for stirring the pot... Well, kinda

Macaha
QLD, 21893 posts
18 Dec 2018 4:45PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SP said..

Macaha said..

AndyrooMac said..

I noticed a lot of his post are from Newcastle I guess his wife is from there? And probably more options for better waves perhaps , for what he sold his house for he probably bought all of Newcastle

SP
10979 posts
18 Dec 2018 4:33PM
Thumbs Up

]Haha.. He's probably living in the suburbs with property prices around here. Yeah his missus and her family is from here, think it was decision to be closer to them after he had the baby.
And there are no waves in Newy.

SP
10979 posts
18 Dec 2018 4:39PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

SP said..

Macaha said..

AndyrooMac said..

What i was watching on a big screen tv IMO that backdoor wave he scored the same as Julian was not as good cheats

Mac told me to say that,I would never

Yeah I kinda thought the same thing.. but big jump from a underscore to say the WSL are rigging events to get more viewers in Brazil.

Has happened to all the champs. People used to think slater was over scored, then fanning when he won at pipe etc etc. Guess it just depends on who you are supporting and what you think a good scoring wave is.
Unless youre a Brazzos then anything that goes against a Brazzo surfer is a national insult .

Was good to see pipe come to life for the end of season. Hasn't happened that way for a few years.

SP
10979 posts
19 Dec 2018 11:06AM
Thumbs Up

WSL is rigged to support Brazil...

www.swellnet.com/news/form-guide/2018/12/19/caio-ibelli-misses-injury-wildcard

Caio response.
Today @wsl announced that next year's Injury Wildcard will be Kelly Slater and JJ Florence. Sincerely, I disagree with the decision, Kelly used and abused. She went to Fiji 20 feet during the Keramas event, stayed 3rd in the pool and did not go to France next week. This is the second consecutive year that he uses the same wave. Is it fair?

Macaha
QLD, 21893 posts
19 Dec 2018 1:52PM
Thumbs Up

Yeah I agree I think Kelly has played the game this year in and out of comps,some withdrawing on the eve of the comp unfair to his replacement.

Macaha
QLD, 21893 posts
25 Mar 2019 10:05AM
Thumbs Up

They better start dumping sand into Snapper its one big hole atm.Comp starts on the 3rd.

AndyrooMac
TAS, 1925 posts
1 Apr 2019 8:17PM
Thumbs Up

May there be more like this fkn champ...

#wherearethewslpersonslities

Macaha
QLD, 21893 posts
1 Apr 2019 7:25PM
Thumbs Up

Have you seen John John rocking the same hair cut anyway snapper is one big hole atm they are already calling on the back up site d-bah

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
1 Apr 2019 8:04PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..
Have you seen John John rocking the same hair cut anyway snapper is one big hole atm they are already calling on the back up site d-bah

Unbelievably they aren't going to use the middle lm bank again hey mac
Why dont they listen to you.

Why

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
1 Apr 2019 8:06PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
AndyrooMac said..
May there be more like this fkn champ...

#wherearethewslpersonslities

I like his go for it style or go home.
Pulls most of it off too

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"2015 Comp Thread" started by Macaha