Forums > Surfing Longboarding

2015 Quiver

Created by MickPC > 9 months ago, 29 Jan 2015
MickPC
8266 posts
29 Jan 2015 3:37PM
Thumbs Up

So we're well into the new year & I have a birthday excuse for a new board to refine the quiver lol

Top priority is a noserider, then a mid length. If I get the timing right, it might happen

But I could cull a few of these boards, I only really ride 4 regularly & one is a good Indo backup

Post your current quiver...& what board do you wanna add to it

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
29 Jan 2015 6:41PM
Thumbs Up

I like the yellow one

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
29 Jan 2015 6:43PM
Thumbs Up

And the other big fat thing lying next to it

Macaha
QLD, 21882 posts
29 Jan 2015 5:44PM
Thumbs Up

thats all I've got

MickPC
8266 posts
29 Jan 2015 3:45PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smh said..
I like the yellow one

Its a keeper that one, great modern HP longboard...The thing next to it is great when waves are under thigh high

MickPC
8266 posts
29 Jan 2015 3:46PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..
thats all I've got

Nice board Mac

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
29 Jan 2015 3:50PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smh said..
I like the yellow one

me too I keep saying I will post a quiver pic,but im lazy. I WILL do one tomorrow. im so happy with what I have and they cover all bases. my hp I don't ride since I got the beesting,and my midlength single does not get much use ,because of the beesting again I snapped my shorty and replaced it with the single with channels ,which is super good,but does not get used much because of the beesting.....

so I would like a hot log from sdr for the super super small days on the points. also I would like my single as a quad without channels.....but I wont be buying a new board this year

MickPC
8266 posts
29 Jan 2015 3:55PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..
smh said..
I like the yellow one

me too I keep saying I will post a quiver pic,but im lazy. I WILL do one tomorrow. im so happy with what I have and they cover all bases. my hp I don't ride since I got the beesting,and my midlength single does not get much use ,because of the beesting again I snapped my shorty and replaced it with the single with channels ,which is super good,but does not get used much because of the beesting.....

so I would like a hot log from sdr for the super super small days on the points. also I would like my single as a quad without channels.....but I wont be buying a new board this year

but I wont be buying a new board this year.....hahaha you still have plenty of time to change your mind

Look forward to the quiver shot mate

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
29 Jan 2015 7:29PM
Thumbs Up

No quiver shot from me at the moment. But if Chrispy can find the energy to do one perhaps I can as well

I have a new board. I brought this in October and have still not ridden it. That basically means I am yet to see a wave over head high in all that time. How crap is that. There was one decent swell but I was in Melb and missed it. Anyway we have a big swell here right now. The waves are terrible though - but I am hopeful of the morning. In nervous anticipation I have just pulled the board out of its bag to see what it was I actually purchased all those months ago - and I had to put some fins on her. She is an absolute beauty. Stoked. Can not wait to paddle into a few on a board ideally made for the situation. She is an absolute ripper. Its a Mitchel Rae quad - Coral Reefer. Built for those bigger days on the reefs or points. It has been glassed heavy and strong and has a really nice double stringer running in a V shape. Check out the detail as it hits the rail - nice.

Hopefully this time tom I will be able to give you a ride report

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
29 Jan 2015 6:39PM
Thumbs Up

Pretty nice ted. But I would have tried it out in some waves to get the feel of it rather than heading out into the unknown

SP
10979 posts
29 Jan 2015 4:42PM
Thumbs Up

Those stringers are sweet. And the outline looks awesome

Wax her up, you could be on tomorrow. Although that wind is howling here still.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
29 Jan 2015 7:56PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..
Pretty nice ted. But I would have tried it out in some waves to get the feel of it rather than heading out into the unknown

I have been wanting to LL but not had the chance. Had a few days where i could have sacrificed a session on the Nano - but that would have been difficult

thedrip
WA, 2353 posts
29 Jan 2015 5:31PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said...
laceys lane said..

I have been wanting to LL but not had the chance. Had a few days where i could have sacrificed a session on the Nano - but that would have been difficult

I am sort of with Lacey there. If there is a board I want to surf, but am worried I will pull the pin when I see the waves , then I only take that board. Sometimes it means I am on the not-quite-perfect board, but it does let me familiarise myself with equipment. It also stops me pulling the old faithful out of the car. I hope your new board is an awesome shooter and the waves turn it on for you tomorrow. What are the dimensions?

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
29 Jan 2015 8:37PM
Thumbs Up

I hear what you are saying but I will just take it easy on the first few. I have ridden lots of similar shaped boards and generally find them not too difficult to adapt to. I could use the trusty 6'6" but that thing is not exactly an excitement machine. The new beast should go great.

This one is 6'10" * 20 1/4 * 2 3/4

thePup
13831 posts
29 Jan 2015 5:41PM
Thumbs Up

Yes superb board & to think I was touching that girl one morning here with Teddy in my old Kraut beast .... real bastard there were no waves that day a real bastard

MickPC
8266 posts
29 Jan 2015 6:43PM
Thumbs Up

^ +1 I've felt up that board, she's a beauty. Should go awesome in overhead Indo

thedrip
WA, 2353 posts
29 Jan 2015 10:06PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said...
I hear what you are saying but I will just take it easy on the first few. I have ridden lots of similar shaped boards and generally find them not too difficult to adapt to. I could use the trusty 6'6" but that thing is not exactly an excitement machine. The new beast should go great.

I love 6'10". A few of my favourite boards have been 6'10". Such a versatile size. If it's a familiar shape, stuff it, hammer that first bottom turn and throw it up in the lip. May as well find out what it can do straight up.

CHAAA-AAARRRRGGGE!!!!!

Get one for me. I probably won't be surfing for two days.

SP
10979 posts
30 Jan 2015 9:03AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said...

How'd ya go...???

Somone just got chopper rescued up here...

Prawnhead
NSW, 1317 posts
30 Jan 2015 12:42PM
Thumbs Up

swell is yet to fill in here SP 2-3 feet currently!

Ricardo1709
NSW, 1301 posts
30 Jan 2015 5:31PM
Thumbs Up

Mick I think you should talk to Roy that should've been in interesting threads hot damn

MickPC
8266 posts
30 Jan 2015 3:27PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ricardo1709 said..
Mick I think you should talk to Roy that should've been in interesting threads hot damn

lol I believe it was

SP
10979 posts
30 Jan 2015 4:26PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Prawnhead said...

That's Surprising.
It is rolling through here. Maybe 8-10ft.

I was going to go for a drive tomorrow but sounds like it isn't worth it.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
30 Jan 2015 7:31PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SP said..

Ted the Kiwi said...

How'd ya go...???

Somone just got chopper rescued up here...

I thought it would be better up the coast after checking it this morning early - so came home powered through 4hrs of work then hit the road. Should have stayed home

Prawnhead
NSW, 1317 posts
30 Jan 2015 7:32PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SP said..

Prawnhead said...

That's Surprising.
It is rolling through here. Maybe 8-10ft.

I was going to go for a drive tomorrow but sounds like it isn't worth it.

still small

Prawnhead
NSW, 1317 posts
30 Jan 2015 7:33PM
Thumbs Up

should of canned the work and had a night on the beer /cheer and guitar here ted

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
30 Jan 2015 7:36PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Prawnhead said..
should of canned the work and had a night on the beer /cheer and guitar here ted

Check my 30 mins of bliss thread

Prawnhead
NSW, 1317 posts
30 Jan 2015 7:37PM
Thumbs Up

just saw that you arsey F*cker

SP
10979 posts
30 Jan 2015 5:06PM
Thumbs Up

Should of bought 2 lotto tickets on the way home. Or loaded up on the number 2 at keno.

Looked bigger there yesterday PH?

Is it going past cause of the direction or just not there?

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
30 Jan 2015 8:08PM
Thumbs Up

I think its a combination of two things SP - the direction is more south today and the period much reduced - so it just did not bend round the corners like we had hoped. If you look at where the low developed it was very very south and close to the coast. That was the issue I reckon. And that is why Sydney and the coal coast were 8-10ft. It was huge here early but really messed up - by the time things had started to line up the wind was changing and the tide was heading out. Not a great combo at my fav reef break - trust me

SP
10979 posts
30 Jan 2015 5:13PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said...
I think its a combination of two things SP - the direction is more south today and the period much reduced - so it just did not bend round the corners like we had hoped. If you look at where the low developed it was very very south and close to the coast. That was the issue I reckon.

Yeah seems to be.
Was very south here but bombing through.
Breaking a long way out on the beaches and Even the harbour was breaking.

Just saw the swell chart on the news, was interesting.
As you said seemed to be missing the protected places further up the coast.

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
30 Jan 2015 5:25PM
Thumbs Up

was bigger at my local today

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"2015 Quiver" started by MickPC