Forums > Surfing Longboarding

2015 Quiver

Created by MickPC > 9 months ago, 29 Jan 2015
thedrip
WA, 2354 posts
10 Jun 2015 3:09PM
Thumbs Up

Latest addition. 7 foot for 4-6' clean quality waves. I would have gone shorter but with my ruined ankle I don't need too tight a turning arc. As it is, I tear it up enough that I will be doing better hacks and getting better barrels than lots of people on sleeker HP shorties.

That might also be because they need more foam but are too proud to admit it.

This is for my trip up north in a few weeks as I wanted something more refined than what I have recently been riding, but with more foam than many of my other midlengths.

Ted, you need something like this. Maybe shorter though. What literage are you after?

thedrip
WA, 2354 posts
10 Jun 2015 3:16PM
Thumbs Up

All hail the artistry of Yahoo. Mark is the man.

Thought I might start a new string of brand worship.

MickPC
8266 posts
10 Jun 2015 3:26PM
Thumbs Up

Nice looking board man, how wide is it

thedrip
WA, 2354 posts
10 Jun 2015 3:43PM
Thumbs Up

Big girl, hence why it looks like a shorter board.

7 x 21 1/2 x 2 7/8.

McHenry
SA, 1739 posts
10 Jun 2015 6:27PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thedrip said...

Latest addition. 7 foot for 4-6' clean quality waves. I would have gone shorter but with my ruined ankle I don't need too tight a turning arc. As it is, I tear it up enough that I will be doing better hacks and getting better barrels than lots of people on sleeker HP shorties.

This is for my trip up north in a few weeks as I wanted something more refined than what I have recently been riding, but with more foam than many of my other midlengths.

Ted, you need something like this. Maybe shorter though. What literage are you after?

No need to be humble hey haha

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
10 Jun 2015 7:21PM
Thumbs Up

Got another barge yesterday. An 11 foot Pearson Arrow Laird. I'm pretty sure Boofy's got one of these. Really flat up front with pulled down rails and nice tail kick. Just like riding a good longboard but much bigger. Heaps of fun. No pics though.

Macaha
QLD, 21892 posts
10 Jun 2015 7:23PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smh said..
Got another barge yesterday. An 11 foot Pearson Arrow Laird. I'm pretty sure Boofy's got one of these. Really flat up front with pulled down rails and nice tail kick. Just like riding a good longboard but much bigger. Heaps of fun. No pics though.

Post a picture mate if others are posting shortboards your barge is closer to a longboard.
Lacey gets away with it

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
10 Jun 2015 7:25PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

smh said..

Post a picture mate if others are posting shortboards your barge is closer to a longboard.
Lacey gets away with it

I'll drag it out an get a pic. Nothing to see. Big popout

MickPC
8266 posts
10 Jun 2015 5:26PM
Thumbs Up

Yeah I like the Laird's, I'm going to try & sell my Starboard to get one next summer. They're heaps more LB shape

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
10 Jun 2015 7:59PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
MickPC said..
Yeah I like the Laird's, I'm going to try & sell my Starboard to get one next summer. They're heaps more LB shape

That is true Mick. Try and get a Surftech one if you can . The new ones put out by a different company have had some construction issues. I'll get some pics in the next day or two and put them up. Even though its a 666 its more like a longboard.

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
10 Jun 2015 7:03PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thedrip said..

would go mean as as a quad as well I would imagine...I like it a lot

thedrip
WA, 2354 posts
10 Jun 2015 7:51PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
McHenry said...
[b]thedrip said

No need to be humble hey haha

Realist. I see lots of people surfing worse than me and most of them are surfing potatoe chips. I am not a competitive surfer, but I go alright and can ride a barrel (more to the point I can find the barrel). With a bit more thickness and rail line I reckon lots of people would surf better.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
10 Jun 2015 10:48PM
Thumbs Up

I agree Drip. That board looks nice - finding that sweet combo between volume n performance is my mission.

LanceF
NSW, 249 posts
12 Jun 2015 9:00AM
Thumbs Up

Ok....here's the new board...the first one I've bought since 1969....

9'1" x 23" x 3"

I have a few fins to try....looks good & feels good

thePup
13831 posts
12 Jun 2015 7:10AM
Thumbs Up

mmmmmmmm I always said you had magnificent taste Fish go hard mate looks mint lubbly jubbly

Macaha
QLD, 21892 posts
12 Jun 2015 9:30AM
Thumbs Up

Nice and clean Lance

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"2015 Quiver" started by MickPC