2015 Quiver

Created by MickPC > 9 months ago, 29 Jan 2015
SP
10979 posts
30 Jan 2015 5:32PM
Thumbs Up

chrispy said...
was bigger at my local today

The closest I would have got to water would been sea world then.

Few photos on the report..

http://www.swellnet.com/reports/australia/new-south-wales/newcastle

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
31 Jan 2015 1:57PM
Thumbs Up

been slack again...between lots of waves,roasting animals and drinking piss with mates...and trying to please new clients....well I have just not had the time....BUT I will have it done in the next few days. I was looking at my boards,and im pretty ****ing happy/spoilt with I have

MickPC
8266 posts
31 Jan 2015 2:59PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..
been slack again...between lots of waves,roasting animals and drinking piss with mates...and trying to please new clients....well I have just not had the time....BUT I will have it done in the next few days. I was looking at my boards,and im pretty ****ing happy/spoilt with I have

Yeah man, post a pic of them while drinking piss with mates

Cuttlefish
QLD, 1332 posts
31 Jan 2015 5:14PM
Thumbs Up

Here's my current quiver. Ride them all regularly. This last week I've ridden 5 out of the 7 boards as suited the conditions on the day and where I surfed.
From shortest to longest:
More bellyboard 4'2"
Firewire Tomo nano 6'2"
Beachbeat Pacer 6'3" quad fish
DVS 6'3" Wasp quad fish
Beachbeat 6'6" baby Vquad
Surftech MR 6'6" flying fish
Firewire Addvance 6'8" fishy hybrid
Woosley 7'6" Vquad.

Cuttlefish
QLD, 1332 posts
31 Jan 2015 5:16PM
Thumbs Up

Decks

and groovy tails shot.

SP
10979 posts
31 Jan 2015 5:49PM
Thumbs Up

Nice quiver... Good to here they all get ridden.

I am selling a few at the moment for the reason that they don't.

Trying to get down to 5, maybe 6.

Cobra
9106 posts
31 Jan 2015 6:00PM
Thumbs Up

You know what I hate about quivers.
If I have a seven board quiverI need seven leg ropes.
I never ,repeat never,remember to take a leg rope so I need one for every board.

SP
10979 posts
31 Jan 2015 6:05PM
Thumbs Up

Haha.

I'm the same.

And fins. I have to keep fins in all my boards.

Cobra
9106 posts
31 Jan 2015 6:19PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SP said..
Haha.

I'm the same.

And fins. I have to keep fins in all my boards.

+1 ,,

MickPC
8266 posts
1 Feb 2015 1:27AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Cuttlefish said..

and groovy tails shot.

Great pics...& I must say I'm really missing not having grass when it comes to quiver shots now

Wagon looks like an epic surf mobile, you could wack the whole quiver in no worries Guessing your Nth of Brissy?

Simondo
VIC, 8020 posts
1 Feb 2015 9:30AM
Thumbs Up

Nice boards Cuttlefish!

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
1 Feb 2015 9:58AM
Thumbs Up

Nice quiver and beautiful grass - TB n Mac will be envious. I love the tail shot.
Can you please tell me a bit more about your smallest board please.

Cuttlefish
QLD, 1332 posts
1 Feb 2015 10:54AM
Thumbs Up

The More is actually a custom gut slider that I ride in 0.5-3' waves. Especially gets a run in winter when there's fast zippering tubes on low tide banks.
Its a tonne of fun going really fast with face at water level perspective.
Everything is pretty much an overhead wave. 3' steep drops can be a rush.
It's 4'2" x 22&1/2 X 3" and packs about 38 litres of volume which is probably 5 litres too much for me. Some of the 100 kg crew on here could have a ball on it. Surf it with flippers.
Bottom is a full length deep double concave.
Has a triple fcs plug twin set up and then I had the local gurus of finless surfing add a set of twinzer plugs and a hard edge along the entire rail to help with hold.
Also had a leg rope plug added to the tail. However its a real chore to surf standing up as its so short so catching waves ain't easy. Come to think of it I haven't tried standing up on it since I had the twinzer and rail mods done...hmmm.
It's a blast to ride at the Bluff or first point where I can run a super fast high line. Can also wait for crew on longboards who shoulder surf to go past and paddle on behind them and hang in the pocket and they never even know I'm there.
It hasn't got any appreciable paddle power being so short and stumpy so paddling around the line up is slowish.
I've never not a had a session on it where I wasn't laughing like a loon at some stage as its so much fun.
To most people I'm invisible in the line up as they just think its a normal bodyboard and completely ignore me.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
1 Feb 2015 9:05PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks for that - very comprehensive run down !

4'2" is super short for a stand up - no wonder you have trouble surfing it like a regular short board

McHenry
SA, 1739 posts
24 Feb 2015 11:12AM
Thumbs Up

Here is my quiver.

L to R

Cutloose LB that I bought for my friend but store it for him it is 9'0 x 21 1/2 x 2 5/8

Clearwater WB (my favourite board) 9'3 x 23 x 3

Mark Rabbidge Loggy type board for the tiny peelers 9'8 x 23 x 3 1/4 hoping to learn to noseride on this one

McHenry
SA, 1739 posts
24 Feb 2015 1:04PM
Thumbs Up

Still waiting on Chrispys quiver picture......

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
24 Feb 2015 3:28PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Cuttlefish said..
Here's my current quiver. Ride them all regularly. This last week I've ridden 5 out of the 7 boards as suited the conditions on the day and where I surfed.
From shortest to longest:
More bellyboard 4'2"
Firewire Tomo nano 6'2"
Beachbeat Pacer 6'3" quad fish
DVS 6'3" Wasp quad fish
Beachbeat 6'6" baby Vquad
Surftech MR 6'6" flying fish
Firewire Addvance 6'8" fishy hybrid
Woosley 7'6" Vquad.

Noice!!

How does that DVS fish go? Got some more dims on it?

surfanimal
NSW, 1637 posts
24 Feb 2015 3:31PM
Thumbs Up

Very nice Cuttlefish - it's been interesting watching your quiver take shape and change in the last 3-4 years.

Thanks for sharing.

SP
10979 posts
24 Feb 2015 1:44PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
McHenry said...

Can't.. The forum police said no to mid lengths and short boards are banned...

Forums going well though.. If you like 666rs and ego wanks..

Nice quiver mate, how does the Rabbidge go?

Macaha
QLD, 21882 posts
24 Feb 2015 5:10PM
Thumbs Up

Sorry I can't post only have the one board atm

Macaha
QLD, 21882 posts
24 Feb 2015 5:17PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..
Sorry I can't post only have the one board atm

I see red why because of my current sh-t quiver

Cuttlefish
QLD, 1332 posts
24 Feb 2015 5:58PM
Thumbs Up

Tux the DVS has been a pleasant suprise. It's a wasp model that I bought on Ebay. Apparently surfed only once and my mate picked it up for me but the owner said he was selling it to buy one an inch shorter. I think that's somewhat strange but never mind I scored a great little board out of it.
Its 21&1/2 wide (if memory serves) and probably close to 2&7/8" thickness.
Floats me at my bottom rib with board level underneath me which is my sweet spot for floatation. Any lower in the water and I don't feel all that comfortable. I'm 92 kgs.
The wasp is supposed to be a super manouvreable board with the shorter ones more typically seen for sale having lots of curve in the planshape. Mine at 6'3" long has similar width to the sub 6'ers so has less curve in it.
Bottom has a deep double concave through it with v out the tail. Deck is a concave deck.
When I first picked it up I figured it would probably go pretty well in decent sized waves.
First surf on it I used DVS keels in it and it didn't have the drive I wanted out of it and actually felt too stiff.
So I ran the Indo controllers in it and they work much better. Drive from the large area front fins and release from the upright templates of the rear fins.
Ridden it in some very good beachbreaks since getting it and it is plenty fast and turns well. Handles a drop well and paddles into waves easily.
Still needs a wave with some push to get it going so its reserved for half decent waves.

Cuttlefish
QLD, 1332 posts
24 Feb 2015 6:05PM
Thumbs Up

G'day Brett,
Every so often I have a bit of a quiver cull.
I can only ride the same boards for so long.
I get into trouble when I have a favourite that I ride continually and then ride it in conditions that really don't suit it and then start to question its place in the quiver.
So lately I've been making sure I take a few boards with me and then choose the one that will best suit the conditions.
Working well so far unless I go to Noosa and then the crowds can do my head in and I kick myself if I didn't take out a longer board.

McHenry
SA, 1739 posts
24 Feb 2015 7:56PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SP said...
McHenry said...

The rabbidge goes well. Getting used to the size as its quite big and lots of volume. Will be a good board for around here as we get lots of days where it can be quite small. Great board for the price.

Happy with the quiver for now, as i progress may get something a bit smaller but its great at the mo.

McHenry
SA, 1739 posts
24 Feb 2015 8:04PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SP said...
McHenry said...

The rabbidge goes well. Getting used to the size as its quite big and lots of volume. Will be a good board for around here as we get lots of days where it can be quite small. Great board for the price.

Happy with the quiver for now, as i progress may get something a bit smaller but its great at the mo.

Macaha
QLD, 21882 posts
24 Feb 2015 7:49PM
Thumbs Up

you've done very well Mchenry,the older you get the longer they become

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
25 Feb 2015 8:34AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

Only if we are talking ball sacks

SP
10979 posts
25 Feb 2015 9:55AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Tux said...
Macaha said..

Only if we are talking ball sacks

I thought he meant back, sack, ear and nose hair...

MickPC
8266 posts
25 Feb 2015 11:16AM
Thumbs Up

Nice quiver McHenry

wavelength
1195 posts
22 May 2015 5:10PM
Thumbs Up

I recently sold two shorties on consignment and a mid and an LB online. Decided to try and have a couple of boards (maybe three) I absolutely LOVE rather a few I like. I kept my old faithful 8'1 Mct Carver and I plan to bookend it with a nice high-volume shortie and a big dawg longboard (probably a 10 footer.)
Seems like a few other guys, like Lacey and Cuttlefish, are currently doing major quiver changes too. Hard to keep up with such passionate enthusiasts.
For the moment (and I know the feeling won't last long), I kinda like just having one board, it makes life really simple.

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"2015 Quiver" started by MickPC