Forums > Surfing Longboarding

AFL Season 2013

Created by Simondo > 9 months ago, 26 Mar 2013
Tassiedevel
TAS, 2249 posts
10 Jun 2013 7:24PM
Thumbs Up

Agree totally , would have been an interesting game if the demons had kicked straight in the 1 St quarter and put some pressure on the pies .might have been a different final score.

Would love to see the suns make the 8

Simondo
VIC, 8020 posts
15 Jun 2013 7:45PM
Thumbs Up

www.theage.com.au/technology/google-floats-balloons-for-free-wifi-20130615-2oamm.html

More success for Northern Tassie here TassieDevil!
I'm envious! How cool would it be to log onto a free wifi service called maybe GoogleLoonBalloon4...

ockanui
VIC, 1300 posts
20 Jun 2013 6:00PM
Thumbs Up

Talk about a week being along time in football, especially in the MFC,...... shopping list reads....needing a new President, new coach and mmm what else? Ahh yes some good new players and throw a 3 million dollar lifeline from the AFL whilst we're at it, thanks......

Simondo
VIC, 8020 posts
22 Jun 2013 5:21PM
Thumbs Up

The best bit is probably that "this time" everyone is serious about getting the Dee's back on track. It will take time.
I think Mark Neeld tried to pull off a Geelong Recruiting specialty, with something like The J-Pod... Mature Age guys, ready to go... Vossy sort of dabbled there too I think... Fevola, etc... But ended up failing.

Goo luck to The Dees !! I think they will be fine. But it will take time.
"Melbourne Football Club" won't fold, or relocate, etc... The AFL will NOT allow it... You have Sydney Swans, Brisbane Lions, Adelaide Crows.... There is no way if freaking HELL that the "AFL" would allow the Melbourne Football Club to fold or move.... The AFL need Melbourne, and we need Melbourne performing!

Not long ago, Melbourne gave Co11ingwood a run for their money, twice in 1 season, when Co11ingwood was running RED HOT.

Note: Co11ingwood is taken from their 2011 Grand Final Day Banner... They Lost that day, to THE MIGHT CATS ! Co11ingwood beat everyone in 2011 except Geelong. They lost 3 games all season, including the Grand Final, and all 3 losses were to GEELONG!

GO CATTERS !!!

SandS
VIC, 5904 posts
25 Jun 2013 8:37PM
Thumbs Up

Have Geelong started to carry the handbag once again ? Was this just a glitch or a major fault in their armour ?

any way ........ WELL DONE ROYS FOR PUTTING THE PUSSIES BACK IN THEIR BOX !!!!!!

ockanui
VIC, 1300 posts
26 Jun 2013 7:38PM
Thumbs Up

Geeez lots of spin in Bomberland with Hirdy, saying at today's press conference at least a dozen times "its a very complicated and sensitive issue", not sure I agree, if you take an illegal banned substance like Watson did and maybe many of the other players, then there are no grey ares, its black and white, Guilty your honour...
The ramifications are loss of premiership points, suspensions of players etc. Essendon's management have been caught out trying to cheat the system.
The problem with a fine is that money wont stop the wrongdoing the AFL and ASADA have got to come down heavily. interesting times.

Yes Cats are doin fine ,same can said about the Swans, throw the hawks and Freo in the mix and we have a good finals series coming up...

Simondo
VIC, 8020 posts
27 Jun 2013 12:51PM
Thumbs Up

Yes, agree Ock.
Interesting times for Essendon. There's obviously a chance that 9th place becomes 8th... with Essendon shedding points...

And The Cats have been very serviceable all season, and brilliant for only about 15 minutes in most games. I agree with The Cats Coach, they play well at times, but not usually for 4 quarters. We are also waiting for Chappy & Varcoe and a few others to come back in.... So we have some depth, which is exactly what you need in September.

Melbourne Footy Club;
The greatest thing is that most people, and the AFL want to support (read: prop up) Melbourne. A priority pick, new coach, new board... they will get back up...

Priority Picks;
I also agree with Michael Voss, and a few other teams need a leg up after the series of compromised drafts. Some of the bottom teams from the last few years should probably get a leg up.... They have missed out on "the cream"... Per haps try putting them down as Draft Round 2 Priority... Rattle through Round 1... 1-18, reverse order of finishing.... Then at the start of Round 2, add in Melbourne, Dogs, Saints, Lions, etc... and maybe not Gold Coast, then move into Round 2 as normal. So priority picks are softened a little bit. Just a thought.

bakesy
WA, 682 posts
28 Jun 2013 9:35AM
Thumbs Up

season over for the Eagles, disgraceful effort from the crowd and no wonder Jobe was upset, we have short memory's. I will be interested to see how the Melbourne crowds treat him.

remarc
WA, 78 posts
28 Jun 2013 4:26PM
Thumbs Up

Mr Bakesy, I agree season over for the Eagles. Disagree about the crowd. This is a football game we're talking about, no one was throwing rocks at Jobe just a bit of booing. I was at the game and personally I wasn't booing him but only because I was saving my energy for the umpires( just jokes hey). Apparently that's okay though because you see it every week. And as for short memory's Eagles players got dogs abuse when all the drug saga was going down with Mr Cousins. Lest we forget. Anyway I think it's more of a boo at the AFL for letting it happen. He should not be out there simple. Nothing personal about Jobe and I think he's a great player but he has broken the rules. Apparently if your a good bloke though, in the AFL eyes that's OK. But please don't boo

Simondo
VIC, 8020 posts
1 Jul 2013 6:11AM
Thumbs Up

Bombers;
I'm starting to think that the Bombers will lose about 40 Points (10 games) for what is now starting to look like intentional enhancement from banned substances.

ockanui
VIC, 1300 posts
1 Jul 2013 11:53AM
Thumbs Up

Yes the story line that seems to be coming out, getting the players to sign a forms then injecting them with concoctions that defy belief, conducting their own clinical trials, sounds like the players have been totally duped, talk about Essendon management team bringing the game into disrepute, I wonder how much Hird was involved, he seems very cocksure, if one of my kids was treated like the Dons have done to these kids, I would be driving a legal semi trailor threw the front door, the AFL has got to speak up and show leadership, Demetrio on his watch as El supremo, with how much gambling has taken over in footy and now drugs has been asleep at the wheel

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
1 Jul 2013 1:43PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
remarc said..
Mr Bakesy, I agree season over for the Eagles. Disagree about the crowd. This is a football game we're talking about, no one was throwing rocks at Jobe just a bit of booing. I was at the game and personally I wasn't booing him but only because I was saving my energy for the umpires( just jokes hey). Apparently that's okay though because you see it every week. And as for short memory's Eagles players got dogs abuse when all the drug saga was going down with Mr Cousins. Lest we forget. Anyway I think it's more of a boo at the AFL for letting it happen. He should not be out there simple. Nothing personal about Jobe and I think he's a great player but he has broken the rules. Apparently if your a good bloke though, in the AFL eyes that's OK. But please don't boo

Agreed....if he gets upset with a bit of booing he must wake up screaming after a Collingwood game...some fo the stuff yelled over the fence is unbelievable...

Simondo
VIC, 8020 posts
1 Jul 2013 2:58PM
Thumbs Up

Ock, as much as I hate "Slater & Gordon" (a Melbourne Start-Up Legal Firm), I think they would have a field day with this Bombers case!! I agree... if it was my kid... etc... Slater & Gordon offer a "no win - no fee" solution, I think...

Demetrio;
- I agree

thePup
13831 posts
1 Jul 2013 7:17PM
Thumbs Up

West Coast Metrosexual Druglords are farked ...... BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOYEAHHHHHHHHH

thePup
13831 posts
1 Jul 2013 8:00PM
Thumbs Up

Oh and bloody good on the Mighty Dees .... bloody stoked to see the MCC longroom boys chalk up a morale-boosting victory !!!! Ocky you must be a little bit ripped with that one brother .... what a good story for the week

Simondo
VIC, 8020 posts
6 Jul 2013 7:54AM
Thumbs Up

Glad I'm not a Blues supporter!

62mac
WA, 24860 posts
6 Jul 2013 6:42AM
Thumbs Up

Suns v Lions tonight can the SUNS get up.

Lions v Wallabies tonight makes for a great night on the couch

Simondo
VIC, 8020 posts
6 Jul 2013 8:57AM
Thumbs Up

Plus Cats v Hawks!!

ockanui
VIC, 1300 posts
6 Jul 2013 2:54PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thePup said..

Oh and bloody good on the Mighty Dees .... Ocky you must be a little bit ripped with that one brother ....

Yes young Pup.... its a grand old flag..... the last few minutes were pretty exciting, gotta love spontaneous jubilation when your team wins, not to mention when your voice is hoarse for a few days... sadly it hasnt been that often the last few years...

62mac
WA, 24860 posts
6 Jul 2013 2:52PM
Thumbs Up

I've got the Suns Lions game about to start then its Lions v Wallabies,Titans v Panthers the remote will need new batteries

Simondo
VIC, 8020 posts
6 Jul 2013 11:40PM
Thumbs Up

Go Cats!!!!!

62mac
WA, 24860 posts
7 Jul 2013 4:28AM
Thumbs Up

Well all my teams got flogged Bronco's,Suns and Titans.

Simondo
VIC, 8020 posts
7 Jul 2013 8:10AM
Thumbs Up

Suns needed Ablett... Suns are getting good though Mac.

bakesy
WA, 682 posts
7 Jul 2013 10:21AM
Thumbs Up

this hoodoo thing must be real, all form pointed to a Hawks win, Geelong have been inconsistent with narrow wins over sketchy teams whilst the Hawks have been awesome. The next time they meet will be in the finals, could even be the GF if things go to plan..

mocha1
WA, 933 posts
7 Jul 2013 12:56PM
Thumbs Up

A lot of"eagle fans" at MCG last night eh!!!

Can't believe that I heard the holy and saintly cats and hawthorn fans booing

thePup
13831 posts
8 Jul 2013 10:20AM
Thumbs Up

Hey hows Geebung flogging the Hawks ..... again you would be chuffed Simgrom smiling yes ?????

Tassiedevel
TAS, 2249 posts
8 Jul 2013 1:18PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thePup said..

Hey hows Geebung flogging the Hawks ..... again you would be chuffed Simgrom smiling yes ?????

Long season boys , some of those cats players have lots and lots of miles under their legs , let's see how they go next time round

I hope .

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
13 Jul 2013 3:53PM
Thumbs Up

C'mon suns

Simondo
VIC, 8020 posts
14 Jul 2013 2:30PM
Thumbs Up

Here's some potential Finals Matches;
Week 1;