AFL Season 2013

Created by Simondo > 9 months ago, 26 Mar 2013
Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
23 May 2013 10:39PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Tassiedevel said..

88 years , that must be some sort of a record for sponsorship .

I don't think the Australian Govt have been sponsoring Ford for that long ? Not far off it though

62mac
WA, 24860 posts
24 May 2013 3:40AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..

Tassiedevel said..

I don't think the Australian Govt have been sponsoring Ford for that long ? Not far off it though

Unfortunately if Ford are based in Geelong the Australian government will be sponsoring a lot more than a footy team.

Tassiedevel
TAS, 2249 posts
24 May 2013 11:22AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
62mac said..

Ted the Kiwi said..

Tassiedevel said..

Unfortunately if Ford are based in Geelong the Australian government will be sponsoring a lot more than a footy team.

Sadly could do to Geelong what the loss of the timber industry has done to northern Tasmania .
Thinking that ford sponsorship must have started when some of the current gee long players had just signed up

Simondo
VIC, 8020 posts
25 May 2013 3:48PM
Thumbs Up

The Crows let-the-cat-out-of-the-bag early today!

The Geelong Region is much bigger than Ford. Ford are probably only 0.5% of the employment. Plus it's a growth region, so those Ford people will merge into other jobs.

We use Jim's Gardening a little bit for an annual garden thin out, and he takes the huge pile of vegetation in a Full Box Trailer... takes it away... Cost is $200-$250... But the bloke is an ex-Ford guy. Started up his own Jim's franchise.

62mac
WA, 24860 posts
25 May 2013 1:59PM
Thumbs Up

Southport Sharks 34 Brisbane Lions 31 halftime score,get me out of here

Simondo
VIC, 8020 posts
25 May 2013 5:11PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
62mac said..

Southport Sharks 34 Brisbane Lions 31 halftime score,get me out of here

62mac
WA, 24860 posts
25 May 2013 3:22PM
Thumbs Up

I'm in chrispys hood

chrispychru
QLD, 7932 posts
25 May 2013 5:28PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
62mac said...
I'm in chrispys hood

at the sharks farmers markets this morning. Give me bundal any day. No-one steals your car Mac and it's a good day here YEEEEEEEW

62mac
WA, 24860 posts
25 May 2013 5:01PM
Thumbs Up

Survived,car intact Great clubhouse been years since I've been there.

Tassiedevel
TAS, 2249 posts
25 May 2013 7:24PM
Thumbs Up

How's the Adam Goodes racial vilification .

Few factors involved here one is the young girl is only 13 , surely a grown man can take an insult from a 13 year old girl .

There was talk of a lifetime ban for the girl . Apparently she called him an ape . Not nice , but most of us would have copped worse then that in the school playground . And I reckon some of the locals around Burnie would take that as a compliment .

thePup
13831 posts
25 May 2013 6:17PM
Thumbs Up

staggering really given the round significance

62mac
WA, 24860 posts
26 May 2013 1:18PM
Thumbs Up

Suns up at half time against the Hawks

Tassiedevel
TAS, 2249 posts
26 May 2013 3:58PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
62mac said..

Suns up at half time against the Hawks

Just got in Mac tell me you are joking

Suns are traveling OK , some are tipping them to sneak into the eight ,

chrispychru
QLD, 7932 posts
26 May 2013 4:26PM
Thumbs Up

Jinxed us Mac c'mon suns

thePup
13831 posts
26 May 2013 6:37PM
Thumbs Up

anyone know how the mighty Fitzroy Lions went carn the maroons (Gorillas in the old old days)

ockanui
VIC, 1300 posts
29 May 2013 8:14PM
Thumbs Up

Eddie, Eddie,Eddie, he's tired and emotional..ok.. he's not racist but....as the great Maxwell Smart would say... I hope I wasn't outa line about the crack about Goodesy,, oh dear

Tassiedevel
TAS, 2249 posts
30 May 2013 9:59AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
ockanui said..

Eddie, Eddie,Eddie, he's tired and emotional..ok.. he's not racist but....as the great Maxwell Smart would say... I hope I wasn't outa line about the crack about Goodesy,, oh dear

Reverse discrimination gone mad , went tp primary school with 30 kids 20 of which were full blood aborigines . Have some really good friends herein Tassie of aboriginal blood ( obviously not full blood in Tasmania as their are none ) . IMO if you take this and compare it with the Andrew Johns case a few years back in the NRL it's a storm in a teacup .

Not that I would normally support Eddie .

SandS
VIC, 5904 posts
30 May 2013 8:49PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Tassiedevel said..

ockanui said..

Reverse discrimination gone mad , went tp primary school with 30 kids 20 of which were full blood aborigines . Have some really good friends herein Tassie of aboriginal blood ( obviously not full blood in Tasmania as their are none ) . IMO if you take this and compare it with the Andrew Johns case a few years back in the NRL it's a storm in a teacup .

Not that I would normally support Eddie .

The thing that craps me off about this is . If it was the other no name on the radio that said this he would be sacked on the spot from all his gigs .

The rest of the board have given the Eddie their full support !! that says it all about the whole football attitude !

One rule for the rank and file and another for the powerful few .

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
30 May 2013 8:59PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SandS said..
One rule for a 13yr old and another for the powerful few .

Fixed it for ya

This is the real issue....although what he said was terrible and he should know better the fact that the 13 yr old girl was put through what she was and he can just say sorry and expect to move when he should know better - thats what its really about. Plus he has spent 30 yrs smashing other people when it suited and they have been waiting to get him back....now that he has has stuffed up they are lined up to give it to him....and they are....revenge - a dish best served cold

By the way I am a Collingwood supporter.

Tassiedevel
TAS, 2249 posts
31 May 2013 7:23PM
Thumbs Up

Anybody else been checking out the AFL state of origin teams on fox sports ?

How good is that WA team , and surprised to see how many Qlders are in the Allies team

thePup
13831 posts
31 May 2013 7:24PM
Thumbs Up

hope they revive the game for everyone's sake Taz .... been a few good players from the banana pineapple & mango state

thePup
13831 posts
31 May 2013 8:43PM
Thumbs Up

Geez poor old Brisbane are copping a large German Krakowurst up the back door at the moment

Simondo
VIC, 8020 posts
2 Jun 2013 9:26AM
Thumbs Up

Pup ^

Simondo
VIC, 8020 posts
2 Jun 2013 9:33AM
Thumbs Up

Cats took care of The Suns last night. When The Suns got in the lead early the 3rd, the Geelong Boys decided it was time to get serious!

Bartel and Ablett were both very good.

I think Suns are under-rated actually. They have been running with teams for 3 quarters or so, and only get beaten for 10-30 minutes.

TODAY - HAWKS V DEMONS !! This is a very very important match for Melbourne. Nobody expects them to win, but, "The Line" is set at 90 Points (90.5 technically). I have money on Demons, on the line. If this bunch can't get within 90 points, and play with some spirit, then they might just need to clean out the closet, and start again. Get rid of virtually every player over 27, and the coach, and start over...

thePup
13831 posts
2 Jun 2013 10:50AM
Thumbs Up

Saw the highlight package last night and geez Simgrom .... how good is Gazza - THAT goal was unbelievable reminded me so much of his old man .... but really the Felines flicked a switch and went into a 7th or 8th gear when scotty barked at them mate .... just too good when it mattered most

Brissie bent over and copped the Krakowurst big time they were poor mate really poor ... and how was Sydney pumping the Calf Bloods Essendon geez

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
3 Jun 2013 11:48AM
Thumbs Up

Demons were shocking...I turned it off when it got to 82-13....Mark Neeld is so gone its not funny...I feel real sorry for him but thier recruiting has been ****ful :

Mitch Clark - Injured, getting top line wages before he is a tope line player
Chris Dawes - SEcond Tier player at best, no where near worth the money he's getting
David Rhodan - Selfish and over the hill
Shannon Byrnes - Was recruited to bring a bit of the cats to the Dee's....how can he do that if he couldn't even crack a game at the cattery

......they should of just come out and said doing a rebuild at the start of the year send all the blokes that were going on and got draft picks in return. This would have given them a core (Trengrove, Watts, Jones, Sylvia ) of guys that were 50-100 games in a fews years and a few athat were 20-50 years whcih is getting close to what you need to make the eight...instead they have a bunch of overpaid hacks and bunch of kids who are learning the wrong things from the hacks.

Eagles to pump Richmond tonight...yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeweeeeee....carn the Eagles!!

Sham1984
VIC, 415 posts
3 Jun 2013 2:50PM
Thumbs Up

Great to see the suns playing competitive footy for 3 quarters! Great game to watch!

CALLING IT! Suns = 2015 top four and 2016 premiers.

thePup
13831 posts
4 Jun 2013 5:49AM
Thumbs Up

Well Mr Sands .... your Tigers were pretty damned awesome over in Perf .... smashed the Blue & Gold and replaced them in the top 8 .... well well well

Simondo
VIC, 8020 posts
6 Jun 2013 8:55PM
Thumbs Up

There's only about 120 days until the Grand Final. That will be upon us in a blink of an eye.
Some supporters of some teams need to understand that their club isn't going to turn things around in 120 days !!

Dead Teams - Saints, Lions, Dogs, and probably Suns
Almost still alive - Roos, & Port
Big battle on their hands - Eagles & Crows (and Roos)

Bombers, Tigers, Blues, and Pies just need to hold form, take stock, and continue to bust their guts.

Hawks, Cats, Swans and Freeo will be hard to budge from the top 4.

GWS - potential Gallipoli basket case for the AFL. I kinda agree with Jeff Kennet, even though Sheeds rightly points out that War & Football are not the same! But for my money, it should have been Tassie, not GWS. Go Tassie Devils !!

Melbourne Demons - they should be afforded time to re-build. Brad Scott was very dignified when he came out and defended Neeld, to a point. Neeld is doing a job in a very tough environment. I'm starting to feel sorry for him... The situation is dire... They rumour that his sacking might cost $600k... Pay outs... So Neeld couldn't complain too much That would be $400k after some tax, and push a bit into Super, etc... with a good accountant, like Al Green.

Simondo
VIC, 8020 posts
10 Jun 2013 6:53PM
Thumbs Up

Melbourne Demon's aren't too bad actually. They are getting flogged on the scoreboard.
I think they can turn it around though.
I think Neeld was right to get a few of those senior bodies into the team.
They moved the ball quite well, and quite fast, when they were at their best.
A few of the players need to put in more effort.
I think they kicked sideways too many times, when they should have chanced kicking to contests just inside 50m arch.
They need to get into the zone of 36-70 point loses. Instead of these 60-100 point loses.
I think they can turn it around, and maybe even by the end of the season.

They need to play the season out hard, train hard, and snatch a few confidence wins at the end of the season, to take forward into 2014.

Jack Watts need to go a crap load harder at the ball. If Watts could make an influence, their spirits would rise...
As I sort of said, they should just take the game on more, and more often.

I think they can come away from that game with a few positives actually.
They were competitive early, and they were competitive late. They were also unlucky more than a few times.

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"AFL Season 2013" started by Simondo