Interesting threads

Created by Ted the Kiwi > 9 months ago, 17 Jun 2014
Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
8 Feb 2016 7:39AM
Thumbs Up

Ted the Kiwi said..
Speaking of big waves SP - what size board would yo ride out here

Swellnet: How big is it forecast to get on Monday?
The swell looks pretty big Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday. Sunday looks like it could get up to around 80 foot and Monday and Tuesday look like it could get up to the 100 foot mark.
No doubt about it, it looks big. But what about those winds?
It looks like there is going to be a fair bit of wind with a few moments of light winds. We'll have to watch carefully and choose when we go out.
So no matter what, you reckon you'll get a go out?
We're definitely planning to go out there and give it a crack as that's what we're here for. But obviously if the winds are way too strong and the ocean is mess, well, riding 100 footers will have to be put on hold.
What board will you'll ride?
We have a board designed by Jarryd and Chapstar surfboards. It's a 5"11 tow board with more thickness then your average tow board. We thought we would do something different to eliminate the chops down the wave and it seems to be working. The board weighs about 12 kilos with all the weights on it.

http://www.swellnet.com/news/swellnet-dispatch/2016/02/06/firing-line-mick-corbett-nazare

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say **** that...there is no way I would want to be anywhere near that place...not only is a unpredictable closeout if you do ride and giant one and don't make it to the channel Laird will get on teh internet and call you a kook

Macaha
QLD, 21887 posts
8 Feb 2016 7:31AM
Thumbs Up

Funny post

www.seabreeze.com.au/forums/Surfing/Shortboards/Missing-a-board/

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
8 Feb 2016 9:32AM
Thumbs Up

Not if it's yours

SP
10979 posts
9 Feb 2016 3:58PM
Thumbs Up

www.seabreeze.com.au/forums/Surfing/Shortboards/Marzo/

ww

Macaha
QLD, 21887 posts
9 Feb 2016 7:01PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote

Amazing surfing and what about his balance

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
9 Feb 2016 8:16PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

Big powerful turns and he must have glue on his feet

SP
10979 posts
9 Feb 2016 5:18PM
Thumbs Up

Gotta be magnets or witchcraft..

I don't even know what to call that turn.. Off the top fin blow 180 What the ****..

Great surfing..

Macaha
QLD, 21887 posts
9 Feb 2016 7:25PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smh said..

Macaha said..

Big powerful turns and he must have glue on his feet

Late take offs no problem glue on his feet sums it up and as SP said turns

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
9 Feb 2016 8:52PM
Thumbs Up

I thought a couple of his more standard off the tops were more impressive to be fair. No doubting his commitment or knowledge of those waves he was pulling into. You get a good smack when you farrrrk those up. Boy has big balls and a really nice top turn. His tube riding skills are top notch - ultra casual.

Thinking about your quiver now Mac?

Ashmullet
NSW, 282 posts
10 Feb 2016 9:46PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..

Ricardo1709 said..
That's why I buy my boardies at lowes $10 and super stylish and comfy too

only surfing makes you a surfer, not ya boardies

wish I was making millions off some of those swimsuits alot of surfer girls wear these days

SP
10979 posts
11 Feb 2016 12:42PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..
I thought a couple of his more standard off the tops were more impressive to be fair. No doubting his commitment or knowledge of those waves he was pulling into. You get a good smack when you farrrrk those up. Boy has big balls and a really nice top turn. His tube riding skills are top notch - ultra casual.

Thinking about your quiver now Mac?

I reckon nearly every bloody second of it was impressive...

Anyway, Here is Craig Anderson oops sorry, It is Rob Machado...

surferstu
1011 posts
11 Feb 2016 2:25PM
Thumbs Up

not sure if this is a pisstake, but anyway

www.seabreeze.com.au/forums/General-Discussion/Chat/WA-Perth-Coastline-Madness-in-the-lineup/

Macaha
QLD, 21887 posts
11 Feb 2016 4:35PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote

Thanks for that

obct
NSW, 3487 posts
13 Feb 2016 7:40AM
Thumbs Up

I think this bit about sanded and polished hulls may be correct, I never finished that home made board of mine fully because I did not think it would ever work.

Yesterday I gave the bottom finer wet sand and then a polish and I'm sure when I took her out in the arvo she was faster.

I left the top as is because it holds wax really well.

www.surfscience.com/topics/surfing-tips/intermediate-tips/surf-faster-with-a-few-easy-tips

bazz61
QLD, 3570 posts
13 Feb 2016 9:15AM
Thumbs Up

An easy and quick way to clean/ polish the bottom of a board is apply truck wash undiluted.

SP
10979 posts
19 Feb 2016 10:14AM
Thumbs Up

Fark...
RIP Brock Little....

Hellman...

SP
10979 posts
19 Feb 2016 10:16AM
Thumbs Up

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
19 Feb 2016 4:26PM
Thumbs Up

Yeah pretty sad news. When he posted that pic of himself last month it freaked me out. Full legend in the big stuff. He was the man for a long while there.

NewScotty
2350 posts
19 Feb 2016 3:17PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said...
Yeah pretty sad news. When he posted that pic of himself last month it freaked me out. Full legend in the big stuff. He was the man for a long while there.

With respect he didn't look well in that first pic he posted and I wondered how long he had left. He posted his last pic yesterday and I noticed JOB's comment about wanting to see him. I kind of thought the end was near.
I recall that Waimea contest he was in in the late 80's.
He carved it up at 20-25 ft. That was the biggest wave around back then. RIP

Macaha
QLD, 21887 posts
19 Feb 2016 5:50PM
Thumbs Up

Hard Core

www.seabreeze.com.au/forums/Stand-Up-Paddle/SUP/Be-aware-vandalism-at-cottlesloe/

Al G
NSW, 7652 posts
19 Feb 2016 7:06PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote

Hey Mac and everyone,Did you here about Crescent Head,apparently there is no full time police in town anymore,so the dirty little thieves are knocking off any thing they can get their hands on,from houses to holidayers staying at the Caravan Park,lock up your stuff everyone if you're going there for a holiday!.....

Macaha
QLD, 21887 posts
19 Feb 2016 6:13PM
Thumbs Up

No mate thats crazy stuff,thanks for the warning Vanders wants a road trip down there he wants to show Lacey a few things.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
19 Feb 2016 8:01PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote

déjà vu Mac

Macaha
QLD, 21887 posts
19 Feb 2016 7:02PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..

déjà vu Mac

Yes mate boy full circle One word would sort them but why bother,incase your interested RESPECT

obct
NSW, 3487 posts
19 Feb 2016 8:19PM
Thumbs Up

Don't look at me, I didn't do it

I can account for every second of my time when the incidents occurred.

And this ice pick I'm holding is just for dislodging a particularly tenacious booger i have lodged in my left nostril

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
19 Feb 2016 8:22PM
Thumbs Up

if you watch that vid a few times its clear what the problem was..........the wave never broke. The reason it never broke was that they both had pink boards. Simple. If not the wave would have peaked nicely and they could have each gone there own way

Al G
NSW, 7652 posts
19 Feb 2016 9:49PM
Thumbs Up

Crescent Head: www.dailytelegraph.com.au/nocookies?a=A.flavipes

Surf69
WA, 883 posts
19 Feb 2016 9:44PM
Thumbs Up

Bloody Mongrels!!

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts