Forums > Surfing Longboarding

LL cricket thead

Created by Ted the Kiwi > 9 months ago, 14 Nov 2014
Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
27 Dec 2014 4:47PM
Thumbs Up

530 is a great score considering where they came from. Those Indians sure lack another bowling option. Once more though poor execution from their bowlers and crap field placements from Donni - when he was out in the first test Kohli set some cracking fields

SandS
VIC, 5904 posts
27 Dec 2014 4:57PM
Thumbs Up

just got back from a nice little surf sesh ,to find that we have had a great innings ! great nock from smith !!!!

a bit of pressure now to get a few wickets in this last session .

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
27 Dec 2014 5:03PM
Thumbs Up

Bill Lawry is on fire - him and Warnie are superb together. "What a Ripper" "Got-em" some of the old BL classics - you can just sense that Warnie really enjoys himself in the commentary with BL. Loads of good mutual respect - good entertainment.

Ashmullet
NSW, 282 posts
28 Dec 2014 1:59PM
Thumbs Up

Yea Warnie and bill are great I took a while to warm to slater but he has played at test level so his opinion is relevant,Ian Chappell is great but where I'm going here is I cant stand mark nicho James brayshaw what about you lot favourite commentary team members or least favourite

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
28 Dec 2014 1:06PM
Thumbs Up

I put in a job resume for next ashes series
I want riches spot

I reckon this thread will get me over the line

thePup
13831 posts
28 Dec 2014 11:36AM
Thumbs Up

flick Brayshaw & keep Warney ..... I saw that skit with Richie out at Coogee , geez he looked frail & the old Volvo he drove took a fair hit by the quick glance we got of it - wouldn't hold much hope he would be back watching it

NewScotty
2350 posts
28 Dec 2014 2:27PM
Thumbs Up

It's VVS & Dravid all over again.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
28 Dec 2014 5:43PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
NewScotty said..
It's VVS & Dravid all over again.

And the MJ of old He needs to learn some round the wicket stuff.

WOW - here comes Lyon to save the day.

Re Commentators Ash my pick is Warnie. Its just not the same without Bill, Richie and Tony. Chappelli I enjoy - I give Slater a credit and Mark Nicholas a pass at best (he is reasonable at foiling things with a team around him and never talks like he was the king of the game at any time which I respect). JB gets a solid fail - to me he just seems to repeat stuff that others have said and really brings nothing new in terms of knowledge. He also says things like "I have always said that Haddin could have been in the team as a batsman alone" Whilst this might have been true at the peak of his powers coming from JB like he is a selector just does't cut it for me. I have never early been a Michael Clarke fan but have found his insights into the game very enjoyable.

thePup
13831 posts
29 Dec 2014 12:02PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thePup said..
flick Brayshaw & keep Warney ..... I saw that skit with Richie out at Coogee , geez he looked frail & the old Volvo he drove took a fair hit by the quick glance we got of it - wouldn't hold much hope he would be back watching it

Made a fair bit of a blue with this one she's a Sunbeam sorry Richie geez

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
29 Dec 2014 4:35PM
Thumbs Up

Chris Rogers averages 41.7 in the second innings ag 30.5 in the first - weird.

Cobra
9106 posts
29 Dec 2014 3:03PM
Thumbs Up

looking like a draw
can't see the currys going cheap

wavelength
1195 posts
29 Dec 2014 6:41PM
Thumbs Up

Time for someone else to have a go I reckon.

wavelength
1195 posts
29 Dec 2014 7:29PM
Thumbs Up

Malcolm Knox, who writes well about many things including surfing, is always worth reading:

www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/slow-and-steady-wins-the-race-as-shaun-marsh-auditions-for-no3-job-20141229-12f8h0.html

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
6 Jan 2015 2:04PM
Thumbs Up

Good start for the Aussies in Sydney. They like Sydney having won 11 of their last 12 here. Hot day to be out in the middle though.

NewScotty
2350 posts
6 Jan 2015 12:25PM
Thumbs Up

Warner's tonne is very special.
Shame Rogers fell short but a great start.
Ted, how are your Kiwi's going ?

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
6 Jan 2015 4:43PM
Thumbs Up

We have had a magnificent day thanks Scotty - from looking a bit sketchy at 159/5 we ploughed on through to 524/5 and declared -setting the SLs a total of 380 to win. They are 11/0 at stumps. An unbroken partnership of 365 (Watling 142* and Williamson 242*) is nothing short of magnificent and in fact is the highest 6 wicket partnership in test match history (incidently beating the 352 that McCullum and Watling made against India in Feb 2014). Finally we have several players with some ticker in the same side at the same time. Its been a while.

Thanks for giving me the platform Scotty

Cobra
9106 posts
6 Jan 2015 3:17PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..
We have had a magnificent day thanks Scotty - from looking a bit sketchy at 159/5 we ploughed on through to 524/5 and declared -setting the SLs a total of 380 to win. They are 11/0 at stumps. An unbroken partnership of 365 (Watling 142* and Williamson 242*) is nothing short of magnificent and in fact is the highest 6 wicket partnership in test match history (incidently beating the 352 that McCullum and Watling made against India in Feb 2014). Finally we have several players with some ticker in the same side at the same time. Its been a while.

Don't know anyone playing for Australia with those names,,,I'll move along, nothing here

Macaha
QLD, 21887 posts
6 Jan 2015 5:18PM
Thumbs Up

Laurie please remove this thread the the Gen room

thePup
13831 posts
6 Jan 2015 3:18PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..
Laurie please remove this thread the the Gen room

Bitch stylish bitch that is

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
6 Jan 2015 7:04PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..
Laurie can you please reinstate my lawn bowls thread - there was no need to remove it

Fixed it for ya Mac

thePup
13831 posts
6 Jan 2015 4:13PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..

Macaha said..
Laurie can you please reinstate my lawn bowls thread - there was no need to remove it

Fixed it for ya Mac

...... ask ..... and thee shall receive

Cobra
9106 posts
7 Jan 2015 6:43PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..
Laurie please remove this thread to Laceys shortboard room

thats here

SP
10979 posts
7 Jan 2015 6:52PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Cobra said...
Ted the Kiwi said..

Don't know anyone playing for Australia with those names,,,I'll move along, nothing here

I thought they just played rugby didn't even know they had a cricket team? Must have started winning

We've doing that since before the war

But if you a betting man, kiwis for top 4 at the one day World Cup is a good bet, great record at home

Cobra
9106 posts
7 Jan 2015 7:06PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SP said..

Cobra said...

Ted the Kiwi said..

I thought they just played rugby didn't even know they had a cricket team? Must have started winning

We've doing that since before the war

But if you a betting man, kiwis for top 4 at the one day World Cup is a good bet, great record at home

SP i think Ted forgot to put Mrs and Miss in front of those names

thePup
13831 posts
7 Jan 2015 7:14PM
Thumbs Up

Footy >>>>> two months

SP
10979 posts
7 Jan 2015 7:38PM
Thumbs Up

Serious cricket question..?

How f'ing boring is shane Watson.

His nick name should be paint.
More entertaining watching it dry then him bat.
Can't drop him but **** me he is dull.

Cobra
9106 posts
8 Jan 2015 11:23AM
Thumbs Up

put down the glasses

smith MVP player of test series.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
8 Jan 2015 2:36PM
Thumbs Up

I thought that should have read Smith - put down the catch just before lunch !!

thePup
13831 posts
8 Jan 2015 11:47AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SP said..
Serious cricket question..?

How f'ing boring is shane Watson.

His nick name should be paint.
More entertaining watching it dry then him bat.
Can't drop him but **** me he is dull.

haha but is nowhere near as horrid as that opener - who is holding out a promising young fella for what reason ???? get rid of fugly please

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
9 Jan 2015 1:15PM
Thumbs Up

Have to say that if Australia do not win this match it is because of their fielding - and its a long long time since that has been the reason. For some reason they are just making lots of errors this game - certainty not what we have come to expect.

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"LL cricket thead" started by Ted the Kiwi