vanders1
QLD, 3808 posts
11 Mar 2014 3:11PM
Thumbs Up

thePup
13831 posts
11 Mar 2014 3:08PM
Thumbs Up

wow .... long dark shot with that sky in the background champion looks like it was going piss down awesome be some good waves there on it's day too you'd think

SP
10979 posts
11 Mar 2014 5:15PM
Thumbs Up

Great shots Vanders and great posts OB.

obct
NSW, 3487 posts
11 Mar 2014 9:11PM
Thumbs Up

I know I'm not bringing much to the table in terms of pics, but I did take this at Boomerang just before I went for a dip yesterday

the funny thing is we both had underwater cams that we carried around all weekend and we both kept promising we'd use them, and neither of us did.

I guess it may have been different if the surf was epic.

stuk
NSW, 893 posts
11 Mar 2014 9:15PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..

Saltwater?

Sssshhhhoooooooooosh we're friendly........to an extent

vanders1
QLD, 3808 posts
11 Mar 2014 8:39PM
Thumbs Up

Forgot to mention that Ob has now cured himself in regards to going left, he was smashing the left handers like a demon child.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
11 Mar 2014 9:47PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
vanders1 said..

Forgot to mention that Ob has now cured himself in regards to going left, he was smashing the left handers like a demon child.

I take full responsibility for that

thePup
13831 posts
11 Mar 2014 6:56PM
Thumbs Up

Geez .... time to close the border Obs is loose & on the prowl

climber
NSW, 1125 posts
11 Mar 2014 10:14PM
Thumbs Up

Whats a left...?

thePup
13831 posts
11 Mar 2014 7:15PM
Thumbs Up

The earth is flat

climber
NSW, 1125 posts
11 Mar 2014 10:20PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thePup said..

The earth is flat

So if i go left I'll fall off the earth

obct
NSW, 3487 posts
11 Mar 2014 10:32PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..

vanders1 said..

Now how do you work that one out Ted

Everyone's given me a bag'n for not do'n it, MR, me mate Earplugs, my maiden aunt three times removed, the bloke from Islamabad who takes my money every time I buy gas

Probably the first sh!t bag'n I got was from Lfish a few years back.

I really thinks it's been a group effort in terms of public humiliation

thePup
13831 posts
11 Mar 2014 7:48PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
obct said..

Ted the Kiwi said..

vanders1 said..

Everyone's given me a bag'n for not do'n it, MR, me mate Earplugs, my maiden aunt three times removed, the bloke from Islamabad who takes my money every time I buy gas

Humiliation is ok ....when rubber gloves , a chook & Vaseline is applied

Teacake
TAS, 1099 posts
11 Mar 2014 10:52PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
vanders1 said..

Great shot vanders! What camera did you use man?

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
11 Mar 2014 7:54PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
obct said...
Ted the Kiwi said..

vanders1 said..

At least you are cured

vanders1
QLD, 3808 posts
12 Mar 2014 1:59PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Teacake said..

vanders1 said..

Great shot vanders! What camera did you use man?

iPhone 5s, but being as smart as I am (not) I had a perfectly good Lumix FZ200 sitting in the car..........

climber
NSW, 1125 posts
12 Mar 2014 8:55PM
Thumbs Up

Well..the thread finally stalled...but

2 guys go camping and it get 5 pages......geez we can talk the shizz in the room.....go the greenroom

obct
NSW, 3487 posts
12 Mar 2014 10:18PM
Thumbs Up

Yes, it does seem a bit strange that a couple of days away would solicit such a response and all the more strange when so many parts were left out.

You see, this is a place I'd been visiting since 1961, and because I was with someone who had not been there before, I could not help but make reminiscences and many were things I'd forgotten for a long time, but when there was someone else there that was just taking it in, they tend to notice things in what I was saying, that I'd never realised.

The most telling was when, i described how a person from my past up there had done a short stretch and while he was away, a fringe religious order had taken advantage of his wife's vulnerable state and pulled her, and subsequently him, into their circle.

Vanders noted that " you sure know a lot of people that have done a stretch" and then it came to me that he was right, it was the 4th story involving people that had done some time, 1 x illegal hand gun sales & 3 x drugs.

For over 60 years I've lived in Sydney, I was bought up for 21 years in the drive by shooting capital of Australia ('Merrylands) and I have never know anyone that's been put away. Yet in this tiny north coast town, I know (with varying degrees of familiarity) four. And I had never noticed it until it had been pointed out to me.

Go figure.

vanders1
QLD, 3808 posts
12 Mar 2014 9:19PM
Thumbs Up

That's what's good about the greenroom, everyone shares the stoke.

And I was fortunate enough to get all the stories & guided to all the local spots, a very valuable & enjoyable experience.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
12 Mar 2014 9:27PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
climber said..

Well..the thread finally stalled...but

2 guys go camping and it get 5 pages......geez we can talk the shizz in the room.....go the greenroom

i didn't know it was just two, what happened to the rest of them.

wavelength
1195 posts
12 Mar 2014 7:30PM
Thumbs Up

We all love surf trips and our great mates. So, a thread about great mates on a surf trip was bound to get us in. But good pictures and great words have made this one really wonderful. It's not always about perfect waves in remote locations, sometimes good company, ordinary waves and lots of laughs in places that we love, places that are filled with magical memories, add up to something really special.
I think I just vomited in my own mouth when I re-read that, but still, thanks lads.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
12 Mar 2014 9:41PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
wavelength said..

We all love surf trips and our great mates. So, a thread about great mates on a surf trip was bound to get us in. But good pictures and great words have made this one really wonderful. It's not always about perfect waves in remote locations, sometimes good company, ordinary waves and lots of laughs in places that we love, places that are filled with magical memories, add up to something really special.
I think I just vomited in my own mouth when I re-read that, but still, thanks lads.

wavelengh, thats all cool. as long as you don't vomit in someone else's mouth

wavelength
1195 posts
12 Mar 2014 7:43PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..

wavelength said..

wavelengh, thats all cool. as long as you don't vomit in someone else mouth

Malo
132 posts
13 Mar 2014 12:21PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
obct said..

I never would have thought I could enjoy a weekend up there without that place working just once, but I did.

I guess that's got a lot to do with the fact that Vanders is just happy to be in the water and we never gave up on hunting down waves

Missed it by that much 99.... clean 4' today

obct
NSW, 3487 posts
13 Mar 2014 3:58PM
Thumbs Up

"Oh max"

Thanks for rubbing salt into the wound.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
13 Mar 2014 4:18PM
Thumbs Up

Tempted to jump in a car this arvo and make my way up there except I have a meeting from 10-12 tom that I can not get out of. Glad you getting some good ones.

vanders1
QLD, 3808 posts
13 Mar 2014 6:21PM
Thumbs Up

My vote is for a Woopi Weekend 2 coming soon.

obct
NSW, 3487 posts
13 Mar 2014 7:57PM
Thumbs Up

I'm planning on going again in either October or November,

It would probably be after October 7th, to miss the school hols in NSW or after the Nov 1st weekend because that's usually when the local club hold their annual Longboard Classic.

Prawnhead
NSW, 1317 posts
13 Mar 2014 8:49PM
Thumbs Up

this weekend sunday and more-so monday should be the shiz at a few unnamed point breaks within striking distance let me know if you are coming Ted

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"March woopi weekend" started by obct