Select to expand quote
NewScotty said..

Man, I'm loving this finals series

you won't be next week

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
21 Sep 2013 10:50PM
Thumbs Up

That's a great result there!!!! Stoked - glad to see the back of them. King Wayne delivers again for his paymasters

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
24 Sep 2013 10:09PM
Thumbs Up

Yes its a shame to see him go Mac but all season he has known - I am glad he has found a good team to go to even if it is the team I hate the most after the Sharkies....

Speaking of which

www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/cronulla-sharks-could-be-forced-to-relocate-to-central-or-southern-queensland/news-story/1d221d4c26b65d924e9d4e5d7ecfee62

62mac
WA, 24860 posts
25 Sep 2013 6:04AM
Thumbs Up

Can't see it working the Queensland supporters will reject this team,bring back the North Sydney Bears.

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
25 Sep 2013 6:38AM
Thumbs Up

Listened to a interview with ex afl now nrl fella. I agree with him and I have always thought there are too many teams in Sydney. The old days have passed sadly when the whole family would make a Sunday of going to watch their team play.
The tigers will be the next team to.move,with shifty money bags benny already trying to.do.it,might even end up being the magpies again.
It has ended up a great success with the afl ,just look at the swans and lions. These two teams are probably more supported now in vicco than when they were originally there.
Imo the sharks should have taken the opportunity to have been the good coast club.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
25 Sep 2013 8:57AM
Thumbs Up

Have you seen the North Sydney bears team lately Mac ? They would give most NRL teams a run for their money!!

As for your argument Chrispy that there are too many teams in Sydney I completely agree. But who wants to be the one that forces the out? Have a look at what has happened in South Africa in recent yrs regarding their super 14 teams. Carnage.

62mac
WA, 24860 posts
25 Sep 2013 7:02AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..

Have you seen the North Sydney bears team lately Mac ? They would give most NRL teams a run for their money!!

I was always a fan of the Bears when they were in the comp,bring them back.I have

62mac
WA, 24860 posts
27 Sep 2013 5:04AM
Thumbs Up

Scotty and Ted should meet at the same venue and watch tonight's game

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
27 Sep 2013 7:08AM
Thumbs Up

Nice idea but I am flying the roost this morning after my 8am meeting and heading back to base. Waves should be good at home today and I am viewing a house at 2pm and another at 3:15pm. So it looks like I will be at home in front of the TV this evening.

Did anyone watch the big interview last night? Is it worth watching or are the run downs in the paper enough?

62mac
WA, 24860 posts
27 Sep 2013 5:13AM
Thumbs Up

Great interview the kid spoke very well worth a watch 100% you can read print but not take on board his true feelings,I haven't followed this story but the interview has me up to date.I hope he is telling the truth and if so gets another crack at footy.

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
27 Sep 2013 5:23AM
Thumbs Up

I do not believe any story when they are getting paid to tell it.

weiry
QLD, 5396 posts
27 Sep 2013 7:54AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said...
Listened to a interview with ex afl now nrl fella. I agree with him and I have always thought there are too many teams in Sydney. The old days have passed sadly when the whole family would make a Sunday of going to watch their team play.
The tigers will be the next team to.move,with shifty money bags benny already trying to.do.it,might even end up being the magpies again.
It has ended up a great success with the afl ,just look at the swans and lions. These two teams are probably more supported now in vicco than when they were originally there.
Imo the sharks should have taken the opportunity to have been the good coast club.

i agree with Chrispy less teams in Sydney start with the dragons.

62mac
WA, 24860 posts
27 Sep 2013 5:57AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..

Your call however the kid has been scrubbed and probably needs some coin
Two sides to every story and he has been hung out to dry.I bet he is getting FA support
from the nrl so he is on his own.He may need the money to prove he is right.

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
27 Sep 2013 6:01AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
62mac said...
chrispy said..

Your call however the kid has been scrubbed and probably needs some coin
Two sides to every story and he has been hung out to dry.I bet he is getting FA support
from the nrl so he is on his own.He may need the money to prove he is right.

Possibly Mac. Yet with all the legal stuff still in front of him,I just really wondered how much he could say. I would have preferred to hear his views now with what has happened at the roosters.

Weiry you are just lucky your team are back in the comp,they should hav. Never been allowed

62mac
WA, 24860 posts
27 Sep 2013 6:15AM
Thumbs Up

Scotty must be farking nervous

weiry
QLD, 5396 posts
27 Sep 2013 8:26AM
Thumbs Up

I would hate to see any team go, why didn't they leave the QRL & NRL alone. Back in the 80s I loved watching Wally and big mal playing,also playing origin and kicking arse with nsw boys going who the dark are these guys

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
27 Sep 2013 6:43AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
weiry said...
I would hate to see any team go, why didn't they leave the QRL & NRL alone. Back in the 80s I loved watching Wally and big mal playing,also playing origin and kicking arse with nsw boys going who the dark are these guys

Because QLD cup was park footy at best at that stage, and all your good players came to NSWRL to make money and play in the premier competition. Im stunned that has come from you Weiry.

weiry
QLD, 5396 posts
27 Sep 2013 10:00AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said...
weiry said...

Because QLD cup was park footy at best at that stage, and all your good players came to NSWRL to make money and play in the premier competition. Im stunned that has come from you Weiry.

No way Chrispy.$$$$$ wrecked QLD footy, $$$$ wrecked VFL, the greedy pricks (both codes) don't care about the fans or clubs just $$$$ take souths Sydney , look at your team and you think going big helped them, truly do you.

62mac
WA, 24860 posts
27 Sep 2013 8:18AM
Thumbs Up

OK who remembers Bunny Pierce from Redcliffe? Full Back unbelievable goal kicker, that's how far I go back with Brisbane comp.

weiry
QLD, 5396 posts
27 Sep 2013 10:53AM
Thumbs Up

Lets go back to QLD footy stuff the southern drug takers.we can play them in origin. Plenty of coal mining bucks for players

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
27 Sep 2013 9:06AM
Thumbs Up

The dragons should have never merged,buts that's another argument that will take me too long to post.

Money wrecks everything,but your point makes no sense. Wally,gene,belcher,let's say Canberra paid for them to play. It was their choice. Make money playing footy or keep playing park footy in QLD. I have bigger gripes like the interchange rules and no scrums etc. The world is changing and the red necks can keep.complaining about their curtains fading till the cows come home

wavelength
1195 posts
27 Sep 2013 10:27AM
Thumbs Up

I see Sportbet has Rabbitohs $1.42, Sea Eagles $2.95. And Chooks $1.35 against Knights $3.30. Hard to bet against the faves this week.

weiry
QLD, 5396 posts
27 Sep 2013 3:47PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said...
The dragons should have never merged,buts that's another argument that will take me too long to post.

Money wrecks everything,but your point makes no sense. Wally,gene,belcher,let's say Canberra paid for them to play. It was their choice. Make money playing footy or keep playing park footy in QLD. I have bigger gripes like the interchange rules and no scrums etc. The world is changing and the red necks can keep.complaining about their curtains fading till the cows come home

Blow it out of your A????????? Chrispy park footy pfffft those so called park footballers kicked NSW arse.

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
27 Sep 2013 1:55PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
weiry said...
chrispy said...

Blow it out of your A????????? Chrispy park footy pfffft those so called park footballers kicked NSW arse.

If it was a better comp and all your mining money was there those player's're would have never left. The cream of QLD rose to the top and played in NSW. If it was so much better they would have stayed in QLD.
Ok Weiry why did all those players including Mr Beetson leave the QLD comp which you think was better and play in the NSWRL?

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
27 Sep 2013 6:49PM
Thumbs Up

Hey Scotty - how many beers you had to warm up? You nervous ?

62mac
WA, 24860 posts
27 Sep 2013 4:49PM
Thumbs Up

99% of NRL fans will be on the Rabbits tonight,you have your team and your second team is anybody playing Manly

Good lucky Ted and Scotty bring it on.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
27 Sep 2013 7:00PM
Thumbs Up

No luck needed to night Mac - lets just hope the boys got some rest this week - they looked like the walking wounded last week. BS is back. i think we have a very very good chance. My fridge is packed with Tooheys. I purposely have not yet had a beer yet. Normally I would have cracked one at 4pm but am holding off for 30 mins before the game.....

weiry
QLD, 5396 posts
27 Sep 2013 7:12PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..

weiry said...
chrispy said...

If it was a better comp and all your mining money was there those player's're would have never left. The cream of QLD rose to the top and played in NSW. If it was so much better they would have stayed in QLD.
Ok Weiry why did all those players including Mr Beetson leave the QLD comp which you think was better and play in the NSWRL?

No chrispy it wasn't better but it wasn't park footy. mate your right about the cash but none of those guys deeded to venture down nsw to prove themselves.
the money has stuffed the sport.
Why
well for a start all codes have fallen to performance drugs and the farken sad part their clubs have given the drugs. some of these guys are young men it makes me sick if someone told your kid its cool to cheat and take drugs you would kill them.. the club tells them don't drink drive,dont get drunk,don't hit girls,don't hit fans,don't be late for training, all these things can cost them a contract.But its ok to take drugs to cheat fark your bodies, life and reputation.
its not red necking its just that expanding dosent always work and in league IMHO thats the case. classic example is warriors what has that achieved for our game.mate nothing except make ARL cash with TV ect ect.
so folding clubs down so they can get a team in WA is just going to wreck clubs and the game.
if every major city in oz had a population of 25 mil it would work.
until then leave it a farkn alone

weiry
QLD, 5396 posts
27 Sep 2013 7:13PM
Thumbs Up

chrispyi still love you even thou you stood me up

wavelength
1195 posts
27 Sep 2013 5:13PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..
No luck needed to night Mac - lets just hope the boys got some rest this week - they looked like the walking wounded last week. BS is back. i think we have a very very good chance. My fridge is packed with Tooheys. I purposely have not yet had a beer yet. Normally I would have cracked one at 4pm but am holding off for 30 mins before the game.....

Good odds on your boys, Ted. Thinking about a flutter - or will that jinx em?

And Sportsbet have you at 2-1 to crack the first stubby by 7pm.

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"NRL season 2013" started by 62mac