Forums > Surfing Longboarding

NRL season 2014

Created by weiry > 9 months ago, 9 Jan 2014
Macaha
QLD, 21892 posts
1 Apr 2014 8:27AM
Thumbs Up

Thanks for posting that Ted,I'd heard about the piece but had not read it.

weiry
QLD, 5396 posts
1 Apr 2014 10:40AM
Thumbs Up

This news is so sad . a young man cutdown in his prime. I will leave it at that.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
4 Apr 2014 10:36PM
Thumbs Up

The upsets continue - although there was no real surprise that the Easts / Dogs game would be a low scorer with the wet weather and lack of attacking ability on both sides. Off to bed now but it looks like the other game has an interesting result coming.

weiry
QLD, 5396 posts
4 Apr 2014 10:43PM
Thumbs Up

Mmmm good game that broncs v parra game

surfbroker
NSW, 1488 posts
5 Apr 2014 7:27AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..

The upsets continue - although there was no real surprise that the Easts / Dogs game would be a low scorer with the wet weather and lack of attacking ability on both sides.

Grrrrrr

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
5 Apr 2014 9:36PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..

The upsets continue

Seems they are now the Rabbits are even trying to win one after the Sharks won convincingly today !! Where will it end. The bookies must be having a blinder this year

weiry
QLD, 5396 posts
5 Apr 2014 8:52PM
Thumbs Up

well i can only see one upset eel's v broncs this round ted, what are you talking about super league

Macaha
QLD, 21892 posts
6 Apr 2014 4:25PM
Thumbs Up

gee there's one team giving it to the other atm

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
6 Apr 2014 4:52PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
weiry said..

well i can only see one upset eel's v broncs this round ted, what are you talking about super league

clearly you not watching today

weiry
QLD, 5396 posts
6 Apr 2014 8:35PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..

weiry said..

clearly you not watching today

no upset for you guys ted
well lets look at it ted
souths are playing like sh1t fact... and so many have said on here.
yet why is souths only one game from the top of the ladder.
early days ted
im not saying souths will kick arse its just some think their teams are better than they are

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
6 Apr 2014 9:03PM
Thumbs Up

Seriously Weiry lay off the bundy Souths have won 2 from 5 which is less than the Titians who have won 4 from 5 which is enough to make Mac drink loads of Bundy

Macaha
QLD, 21892 posts
6 Apr 2014 9:11PM
Thumbs Up

haha no bundy for over a year Ted I've scored corporate tickets for the Bronc v Titans game this Friday now who to cheer for

weiry
QLD, 5396 posts
6 Apr 2014 9:26PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..

Seriously Weiry lay off the bundy Souths have won 2 from 5 which is less than the Titians who have won 4 from 5 which is enough to make Mac drink loads of Bundy

no bundy for me ted.

just a few of these guys tonight ted

weiry
QLD, 5396 posts
6 Apr 2014 9:38PM
Thumbs Up

next weeks tipping will be as hard as a cats head

thePup
13831 posts
6 Apr 2014 8:04PM
Thumbs Up

^^^^^^
ahhhh geez here come the ghouls mister Crouse

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
7 Apr 2014 6:58AM
Thumbs Up

First sacking of the year - surprised he was retained this year anyway - but after only 5 rounds it seems a bit soon. I mean he has won just as many games as Souths and Weiry thinks they are still world beaters Jeepers. I still do not understand why Cronulla have re-signed their coach when he is still under suspension and investigation for which if he is found to have played any part in will be banned from coaching across the globe for the rest of his life - a WADA ban. Its not like he is going anywhere - no other club would be wanting him whilst this is still to play out. If he is found to have played a part Cronulla will look very very stupid.

THE New Zealand Warriors have sacked Matthew Elliott as their head coach.

Elliott was told this morning that the Warriors wanted to ?move in a different direction?, following the club?s 37-6 loss to Cronulla on Saturday.

A formal decision is expected in coming days.

The Warriors have won two of their five games this season, upsets of the North Queensland Cowboys and Wests Tigers and they performed very well in the NRL Nines.

However, Warriors? management felt the side?s display against Cronulla was proof Elliott?s coaching style was not worth long-term perseverance

Elliott turned to social media to post a message saying: ?Life is not about agreeing with decisions. It?s very rare when everyone does?.

Macaha
QLD, 21892 posts
7 Apr 2014 7:05AM
Thumbs Up

HANG ON did someone say the TITANS are top of the table wtf just shows how poor the other teams are

weiry
QLD, 5396 posts
7 Apr 2014 7:29AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

HANG ON did someone say the TITANS are top of the table wtf just shows how poor the other teams are

true truethats what ive been telling Ted but he keeps giving me the Pfffft

Macaha
QLD, 21892 posts
7 Apr 2014 7:35AM
Thumbs Up

Not to worry weiry, most fans have their team and maybe a second favourite team to support but one thing 99.9% of fans have in common they load manly

weiry
QLD, 5396 posts
7 Apr 2014 7:41AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

Not to worry weiry, most fans have their team and maybe a second favourite team to support but one thing 99.9% of fans have in common they load manly

Macaha
QLD, 21892 posts
7 Apr 2014 7:42AM
Thumbs Up

This should fire Ted up when he wakes

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
7 Apr 2014 8:03AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

Fired up - not - awake - since 3:45am !!!

I really do not give a flying farrrrrk who hates Manly. Look you one team town pull ya ahead in I can not believe how poor your Broncos are with all of the pulling power they get from having only one team in the whole comp. I think your performance is poor in recent yrs. How easy must it be to get sponsorship and 3rd party player payments from such a population base. Piece of cake compared to most of the other teams.

Titians - I still believe they do not have the personnel depth to have a decent tilt at the title. They might travel close for a while but their wheels will come off as the season progresses.

Do not get me started on Souths. When they win a comp again I will indulge Weiry but not before. You need to earn your stripes and not from 42 years ago - those ones wore out along time back. I mean if Souths was such a great team why has John Sutton just become the clubs top representative with 212 games? Steve Menzies almost scored that many tries for Manly! Cliff Lyons holds the record for most first-grade games for Manly-Warringah with 309; Steven Menzies played 349 games, but 69 were for the Northern Eagles. Now that sounds to me like a club that keeps its players because a) they want to stay b) they have earned their spot c) great clubs have great coaches and great players who all want to aspire to the best. They don't run off wanting something else or because their coaches keep getting sacked etc. and a new direction is needed.

I am over bashing Souths - just too easy. I like RC and think he is doing a great job - its just some of their supporters who are still stuck in the past that bother me

The great thing about the comp so far is not that some teams think they are better than they are - its that some teams are not as bad as we thought. Parra, Tiger & St George are all travelling much better than anyone thought - and this will be massive for the game as all 3 of those teams have huge supporter bases that have stayed away in recent yrs. Same with the Panthers - although they started to show what they were about last season so expectations are higher going forward.

surfbroker
NSW, 1488 posts
7 Apr 2014 8:25AM
Thumbs Up

Hmm..so after all that....I missed the scores of the Balmain-Manly game..

Can someone fill me in..and not with a Mango

Macaha
QLD, 21892 posts
7 Apr 2014 8:30AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
surfbroker said..

I'm sure Ted would love too

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
7 Apr 2014 8:46AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
surfbroker said..

I think I stopped listening to the radio commentary about 14 nil It sounded terrible. Was scary moment when your fullback went down with the sore ankle - the radio team were most concerned. Lets hope he stays at yr place and does not go elsewhere next yr.

Well done Tigers.

weiry
QLD, 5396 posts
7 Apr 2014 8:46AM
Thumbs Up

On you mac your still got it, ol ted come in like a moth to a light

weiry
QLD, 5396 posts
7 Apr 2014 8:58AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said...
Macaha said..

Fired up - not - awake - since 3:45am !!!

I really do not give a flying farrrrrk who hates Manly. Look you one team town pull ya ahead in I can not believe how poor your Broncos are with all of the pulling power they get from having only one team in the whole comp. I think your performance is poor in recent yrs. How easy must it be to get sponsorship and 3rd party player payments from such a population base. Piece of cake compared to most of the other teams.

Titians - I still believe they do not have the personnel depth to have a decent tilt at the title. They might travel close for a while but their wheels will come off as the season progresses.

Do not get me started on Souths. When they win a comp again I will indulge Weiry but not before. You need to earn your stripes and not from 42 years ago - those ones wore out along time back. I mean if Souths was such a great team why has John Sutton just become the clubs top representative with 212 games? Steve Menzies almost scored that many tries for Manly! Cliff Lyons holds the record for most first-grade games for Manly-Warringah with 309; Steven Menzies played 349 games, but 69 were for the Northern Eagles. Now that sounds to me like a club that keeps its players because a) they want to stay b) they have earned their spot c) great clubs have great coaches and great players who all want to aspire to the best. They don't run off wanting something else or because their coaches keep getting sacked etc. and a new direction is needed.

I am over bashing Souths - just too easy. I like RC and think he is doing a great job - its just some of their supporters who are still stuck in the past that bother me

The great thing about the comp so far is not that some teams think they are better than they are - its that some teams are not as bad as we thought. Parra, Tiger & St George are all travelling much better than anyone thought - and this will be massive for the game as all 3 of those teams have huge supporter bases that have stayed away in recent yrs. Same with the Panthers - although they started to show what they were about last season so expectations are higher going forward.

Look ted you can throw your stats around but your just blubbering .like , please comparing suttons games v Menzies try's WTF... Ummm why don't you compare try's v try's .. Like say Menzies v Merritt hey

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
7 Apr 2014 9:03AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
weiry said
I got nothing

Fixed it for ya

weiry
QLD, 5396 posts
7 Apr 2014 9:09AM
Thumbs Up