WA, 9675 posts
11 Aug 2015 10:30AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Cobra said...
chrispy said..

Cobra said..

Ted the Kiwi said..
His newspaper article before the test said he was not planning to retire anytime soon etc do u really think that all changed in less than 3 days without some gentle persuading by some influential folk ?

When AB and several other prominent folk are calling for ur head on TV your options are running out.
Tux - I have nothing

god i would luv $100 for every time I've heard peeps call for haddin warner marsh clark watson

they all should go...... clarke had a press conference three days before his announcement that he would not retire,he sat at the press conference defiant. how things change.

he only retired after the lost test lost series and another dismal batting performance.

he wasn't going to retire before the test because he thought/hope his form would change (wouldn't anyone that still had a few years up their sleeve) it didn't and it drove the nail into his coffin….

if anyone thinks the aussie selectors are going to sack the Australian captain on the last test of a lost series dosnt know anything about AUSTRALIAN cricket.

we are not the poms,,,who do that kind of **** all the time…because they are tards and believe in tabloid newspapers.

Ted….like always in your eyes when a team you dont like gets beat, they are sh!t and when they win its only against hacks.

so Ted come and look at Australia's WORLD CUP trophy…..BTW we only beat a bunch of hacks

Nicely said cobra

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
11 Aug 2015 12:41PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..
Who doesn't? Anyone who says they do not like is lying

Its the lanoline isn't it?

Cobra
9106 posts
13 Aug 2015 5:51PM
Thumbs Up

Go warnie

http://www.news.com.au/sport/cricket/shane-warnes-incredible-spray-in-defence-of-michael-clarke/story-fnu2penb-122748133990

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
15 Aug 2015 9:17AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Cobra said....
he only retired after the lost test lost series and another dismal batting performance.

he wasn't going to retire before the test because he thought/hope his form would change (wouldn't anyone that still had a few years up their sleeve) it didn't and it drove the nail into his coffin….

if anyone thinks the aussie selectors are going to sack the Australian captain on the last test of a lost series dosn't know anything about AUSTRALIAN cricket.

I agree with what you are saying - they would never sack him for the last test. All I am saying is that he would have been given some well placed advice that he was not going to be wanted going forward and here is your chance to go out on your terms. Whether this came from actual selectors themselves I am not so sure - but from well placed individuals - definitely.

Simondo
VIC, 8020 posts
16 Aug 2015 3:57PM
Thumbs Up

Willow Talk...

3MMM Radio have a funny segment at 10am Sunday... Haydos and Junior host a few hours of "Willow Talk"... Cricket Talk!...

And... I suggest that we start a new topic called "Willow Talk", for all things Cricket... It will probably be a main stay like the thread, "Where did you surf today"...

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
16 Aug 2015 10:59PM
Thumbs Up

I guess anything to distance yourselves from the Ashes

Cobra
9106 posts
16 Aug 2015 9:06PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..

the boys in the long room should welcome the boys back into Australia.

maybe we can have a video night and show all the Australian world cup cricket final wins.

thePup
13831 posts
16 Aug 2015 9:16PM
Thumbs Up

mmmmmmm Smith skipper & Warner Bros. his vice ...... a period of change approaching

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
17 Aug 2015 12:31AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Cobra said..

maybe we can have a video night and show all the Australian world cup cricket final wins.

And relive some past glories as well. We all know that an away series Ashes win is far more impressive than a 50 over comp. But then if you haven't won a Bledisloe for so long maybe you should show some highlights from that as well - maybe even throw in the last time you won a rugby league test against NZ We did give you the netball though (SP - who follows this sport closely ) - so you at least have something still in the trophy cabinet

Simondo
VIC, 8020 posts
17 Aug 2015 10:09AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..

That's not what I was getting at!!

I figure "Willow Talk" would be a cool "1 stop" place for all Cricket talk, for all future series...

SP
10979 posts
17 Aug 2015 3:32PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said...

Cobra
9106 posts
17 Aug 2015 4:15PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SP said..

Ted the Kiwi said...

GOLF

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
17 Aug 2015 6:56PM
Thumbs Up

Old pics SP

Simondo
VIC, 8020 posts
17 Aug 2015 7:33PM
Thumbs Up

That's a big cup! The golf one!

Cobra
9106 posts
17 Aug 2015 7:45PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Simondo said..
That's a big cup! The golf one!

its the US PGA…..No Kiwi has never won it

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
17 Aug 2015 11:07PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Cobra said..

We prefer the US Open. The PGA is the last of the big 4 - lets be honest - its nice to win but not as good as the others Its like if you ask a tennis player which major they would like to win - its generally Wimbledon, the US, Roland Garros then a very large distance to the 4th and last one

Cobra
9106 posts
18 Aug 2015 2:32PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..

Cobra said..

We prefer the US Open. The PGA is the last of the big 4 - lets be honest - its nice to win but not as good as the others Its like if you ask a tennis player which major they would like to win - its generally Wimbledon, the US, Roland Garros then a very large distance to the 4th and last one

if you want a pissing comp mate

i saved you anther 4 photos of Peter Thompson ,,,he won the open 5 times.

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
18 Aug 2015 6:03PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Cobra said..

Ted the Kiwi said..

Cobra said..

if you want a pissing comp mate

i saved you anther 4 photos of Peter Thompson ,,,he won the open 5 times.

ted usually has your measure snake man......but that has BOOM written all over it

thePup
13831 posts
20 Aug 2015 6:34PM
Thumbs Up

hmmmmmm ...... 8 overs goooooorn ..... we're not 6 for fark all ....... winner ....... get that hamburger with bacon & egg up you Teddy boy

Teacake
TAS, 1099 posts
21 Aug 2015 10:55PM
Thumbs Up

Smithy with 100 tonight, and the overall score not too bad! Makes me think that all out for 60 odd never happened!

Cobra
9106 posts
24 Aug 2015 7:17PM
Thumbs Up

it'll be a very interesting summer for the new aussie team.

thePup
13831 posts
24 Aug 2015 7:19PM
Thumbs Up

Well hopefully we don't ever ever ever get another Grandad's army served up

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
24 Aug 2015 10:56PM
Thumbs Up

Lost four of the last fives Ashes series. This one was weird with Australia dominating the bowling and batting averages but still finishing a very distant

Second . Could have said Last but that would have been mean and really it's not as bad as the bledisloe (13 in a row I think)

Cobra
9106 posts
25 Aug 2015 4:55PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..
Lost four of the last fives Ashes series. This one was weird with Australia dominating the bowling and batting averages but still finishing a very distant

Second . Could have said Last but that would have been mean and really it's not as bad as the bledisloe (13 in a row I think)

or when us Kiwis got smashed in the world cup by the Aussies ,,i think our Kiwi world cup victories is( 0 in a row)

true

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"The Ashes" started by Ted the Kiwi