TAS, 1099 posts
16 Feb 2014 6:53PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
obct said..

Macaha said..

obct

Yep, it twas moi.

I seriously doubt Ted would have gone out were it not for the fact that I had driven so far to get there, but in the end we had a break all to ourselves and we did score a few. Plus we got to have a bit of a fun swapping boards.

A pod of dolphins provided the best entertainment, they were just beside us throwing a fish about in the air, not just any little tiddler, this this was probably over 500mm long, way too big for them to swallow

I had a similar situation today, drove for ages looking for a surf to find clean 1-2ft mal waves, great shape and all to myself in super warm lagoon water and nice sunny day!

What surfing is all about!

Tom.

climber
NSW, 1125 posts
19 Feb 2014 12:54PM
Thumbs Up

Quick session at local. Was rushed and surfed that way to... Rushed it to much
Of to Adelaide now no surfing for 6 days ??

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
19 Feb 2014 10:34AM
Thumbs Up

Tiny longboard perfection for two hours. Had some.super curious dolphins hanging around. Brilliant morning

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
19 Feb 2014 3:53PM
Thumbs Up

knee to waist hight waves . had a nice time until this would be hipster kook came out. He had the log ,the vest and the attitude to go with it. I'm paddling for this left peak and he's paddling at me like crazy saying he's going right I told him I was going left but he's still paddling over at me. There was no way I was going to back off so he paddles under me as I take off . I rode the wave in and looked back to see that he'd blown it. Clown !! and all over a 2 foot wave ! He never came within 50 yards of me after that.

asea
NSW, 5510 posts
19 Feb 2014 4:54PM
Thumbs Up

somewhere between southport and the spit

Teacake
TAS, 1099 posts
19 Feb 2014 5:31PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smh said...
knee to waist hight waves . had a nice time until this would be hipster kook came out. He had the log ,the vest and the attitude to go with it. I'm paddling for this left peak and he's paddling at me like crazy saying he's going right I told him I was going left but he's still paddling over at me. There was no way I was going to back off so he paddles under me as I take off . I rode the wave in and looked back to see that he'd blown it. Clown !! and all over a 2 foot wave ! He never came within 50 yards of me after that.

Lol, we get this. All the kooks from Launceston come down with their Fluro wettie sand girlfriends hanging off the in the car park. We rock up, drifting the car park, get out wettie on in the water before they even get onto the sand. They get out there looking cool and they watch in awe at us. It's kinda funny really. Even better while hanging ten straight past them!

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
19 Feb 2014 6:17PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Teacake said..

smh said...

Lol, we get this. All the kooks from Launceston come down with their Fluro wettie sand girlfriends hanging off the in the car park. We rock up, drifting the car park, get out wettie on in the water before they even get onto the sand. They get out there looking cool and they watch in awe at us. It's kinda funny really. Even better while hanging ten straight past them!

I'd never seen this guy before but his confidence far outweighed his ability

Teacake
TAS, 1099 posts
19 Feb 2014 7:00PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smh said...
Teacake said..

smh said...

I'd never seen this guy before but his confidence far outweighed his ability

Lol, one day this kid paddled out with his gopro and was doing his panorama of the beach, he didn't realise it but one of the old locals was in the background giving him the bird, this kid would have had the best surprise when he went back over the footage for the day!

SP
10979 posts
19 Feb 2014 4:03PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smh said..

You should have said, give me that farkin thing and I'll show you how to ride it....

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
19 Feb 2014 11:53PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SP said..

smh said..

You should have said, give me that farkin thing and I'll show you how to ride it....

thePup
13831 posts
19 Feb 2014 9:16PM
Thumbs Up

Nowhere

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
20 Feb 2014 2:23PM
Thumbs Up

Absolute rubbish... Paddled around for an hour then gave myself a uppercut. The saying it's better to get wet, then get nothing......bull****, there were heaps better things I could have done
I have found something on this hot arvo

thePup
13831 posts
20 Feb 2014 2:31PM
Thumbs Up

Same champion ..... and to top it off it's hot as a grill plate over here too ahhh well few frothies should clear the cobwebs that's a nice piccie

Simondo
VIC, 8020 posts
21 Feb 2014 12:34PM
Thumbs Up

We've had decent sized waves down here today and yesterday!

Simondo
VIC, 8020 posts
24 Feb 2014 6:06PM
Thumbs Up

Today I surfed Winki, with a Tracker!

E T
QLD, 2286 posts
24 Feb 2014 6:38PM
Thumbs Up

Surfed the Pass at Byron. Twice.

Morning was better than the afternoon but the swell had kicked a bit in the arvo.

Managed to score one cracker all the way through.

Fark me these backpackers are honeys!

ET.

Macaha
QLD, 21884 posts
24 Feb 2014 7:43PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
E T said..

Surfed the Pass at Byron. Twice.

Morning was better than the afternoon but the swell had kicked a bit in the arvo.

Managed to score one cracker all the way through.

Fark me these backpackers are honeys!

ET.

good to hear your relaxing

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
24 Feb 2014 10:24PM
Thumbs Up

I hit the local after work. Still ok at around head high. Bit sloppy on the barge today. Probably tired after my 12 hr shift.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
25 Feb 2014 9:20AM
Thumbs Up

Dropped here 2-3ft some fun peaks but the sand still needs to be moved around. Nice way to start the day.

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
25 Feb 2014 6:39AM
Thumbs Up

Some chunky bumpy ones. Wish I did not have to sleep, I was having a ball

Ashmullet
NSW, 282 posts
25 Feb 2014 9:39AM
Thumbs Up

Not here

climber
NSW, 1125 posts
25 Feb 2014 3:46PM
Thumbs Up

First surf in six days....2ft..bit bigger on sets..had a ball for an hour, but bloody tired after conference and travel. even surfed a left
So bloody keen for tomorrow, geeez its good to back in the water

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
25 Feb 2014 4:59PM
Thumbs Up

At the local on my 7'0 single fin...farking loving it

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
26 Feb 2014 9:40AM
Thumbs Up

Surfed the local...like oil and chunky...great morning

Until I wore a few on my head and my leggie wrapped around me on a beating...paddled in fairly spooked...
Still a great morning

weiry
QLD, 5396 posts
26 Feb 2014 9:38PM
Thumbs Up

nice arvo after work at the local, good to see the groms out there today

good vibe

thePup
13831 posts
26 Feb 2014 8:47PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..

Surfed the local...like oil and chunky...great morning

Until I wore a few on my head and my leggie wrapped around me on a beating...paddled in fairly spooked...
Still a great morning

You lucky little Aussie Icon you ..... froth on little champion

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
27 Feb 2014 12:54PM
Thumbs Up

small n crap here today so its a rest day

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
27 Feb 2014 1:19PM
Thumbs Up

Swell is on the up but the wind has swung and I have sick little one at home so surf is out.......weekend might have a few windows though(fingers crossed)

weiry
QLD, 5396 posts
27 Feb 2014 3:54PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said...
small n crap here today so its a rest day

What's small for you ted

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
27 Feb 2014 5:04PM
Thumbs Up

2ft is my cut off as a general rule. I do sometimes go out when its 2ft but only if its good conditions. There are times when I have the LB with me and hit it but I usually do chores and work when its like that so I have some free time when its better. 3ft is small, 4 is fun, 6 is exciting and 8 scary. Thats about how I see it. I have been meaning to make myself a big 10 footer all summer but have not yet had the opportunity. After playing on obct's one the other week I am more convinced than ever that getting one of these is a good idea.

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"Where did you surf today?" started by Simondo