smh
NSW, 7269 posts
12 Mar 2014 12:49PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
pete53 said..

S
smh said..

Tiny down here. Paddled up the beach and right around the headland. Cloudy conditions made the water look black. Creepy
Cant wait for this swell to hit.

Sorry that,s my fault I,ve got the opportunity for a couple of late starts which too often means wrong tide or no swell.

It was alright down there yesterday Pete. I was surprised it picked up a bit out of the south and there was a nice left in the middle. Started getting busy after 9. There will be something there for the weekend though.

thePup
13831 posts
12 Mar 2014 10:44AM
Thumbs Up

Good faces from around 6am to 8am but again the tap just turned off ..... way cleaner than yesterday .... 2 days running nobody out farken rare hey

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
13 Mar 2014 9:33AM
Thumbs Up

Looks good up here at the moment - wish I was surfing here !

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
13 Mar 2014 9:42AM
Thumbs Up

At long long last we are definitely going to get something that resembles a wave over the next few days.

Everyone has been waiting for this swell event now for 4 or 5 days. It must be the most publicised one I can remember. The surf will be busier than normal no doubt but with perfect winds and swell direction there will be enough spots firing to split the packs up nicely. Its game on fellas ! ! !

The SB chart is showing some promise at long last with a long period E swell and then our friendly forecaster Ben posted the following.

This weekend (Mar 15-16)

Couple of changes for the weekend forecast, but essentially it's all good news for surfers in southern NSW.

As has been detailed since last Friday, we've got a broad area of near-stationary trades across the southern Coral Sea, extending into the South Pacific, along with TC Lusi (currently a Cat 2 cyclone, may reach Cat 3 later today).

However model guidance has slightly sped up the southward track of TC Lusi over the coming days, and also made a minor adjustment to its core alignment and primary fetches (marginally more meridional than zonal, i.e. more north-south than east-west).

This has slightly downgraded the size potential, and also adjusted the timing of the swell. We're looking at a slowly building trade swell for much of Saturday ahead of the leading edge of long period 'cyclone swell' pushing through late afternoon. So don't be surprised to see a rapid jump in size during the last few hours of Saturday. Wave heights will then remain strong on Sunday, generally around 4-5ft at most open beaches, but with some of the region's more relable exposed swell magnets likely to see occasional bombs in the 6ft range. Due to the distant source, there will be a wait for the bigger waves.

But the really good news is that the models have also sped up an advancing front from the west, with an arrival time due Sunday morning (instead of Sunday night). Saturday will see freshening nor'easters all day (so conditions will probably be average at many spots) however Sunday's looking really good with fresh NW winds tending gusty W'ly during the day. Should be excellent surf at many locations.

climber
NSW, 1125 posts
13 Mar 2014 12:19PM
Thumbs Up

Same same as yesterday, just 2-3ft...not as good as yesterday, nice water temp..was very tide dependent though

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
13 Mar 2014 2:54PM
Thumbs Up

Surfed some cracking waves at someone's favourite point....also heard a certain breezer had their big girls blouse on and drank coffee in the carpark watching....I guess we should call her the farmers wife fro now on

thePup
13831 posts
13 Mar 2014 2:55PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..

Surfed some cracking waves at someone's favourite point....also heard a certain breezer had their big girls blouse on and drank coffee in the carpark watching....I guess we should call her the farmers wife fro now on

Is that farking so ..... the new Prez I feel a farking monstrous beerfine might be applied here .... geez

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
13 Mar 2014 3:01PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thePup said...
chrispy said..

Is that farking so ..... the new Prez I feel a farking monstrous beerfine might be applied here .... geez

Sad but true pup,.......and it was going off

climber
NSW, 1125 posts
13 Mar 2014 7:02PM
Thumbs Up

No did not surf this arvo...went down the beach and spun up some tailor fresh for dinner....BUT, surf is BIGGER than this morning and better direction..hope it hold till tomorrow

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
13 Mar 2014 7:31PM
Thumbs Up

yes indeed Climber - just back from the beach now - a few 3 ft sets coming in now! Should be all time tom morning. Good training for the real event in a few days time

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
13 Mar 2014 8:04PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..

thePup said...
chrispy said..

interesting and big call there chrispy. now that you have 'put' your self 'up' there you will have plenty of time to proof your 'mettle' in the next few month- maybe even this saturday from some reports.

ps has steve started my board do you know. thinking hard abut a shortie too and how does your wb go

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
13 Mar 2014 6:51PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..

chrispy said..

thePup said...
chrispy said..

interesting and big call there chrispy. now that you have 'put' your self 'up' there you will have plenty of time to proof your 'mettle' in the next few month- maybe even this saturday from some reports.

ps has steve started my board do you know. thinking hard abut a shortie too and how does your wb go

hahaha,put myself nowhere. im just a kook, and yep saturday is looking big...sunday even bigger. maybe its the beatings i get on the beachies that make the points seem easier. but come on,today was far from big

no surf on the whalebone yet,not looking like it will be soon either,but doing plenty of looking at it though. not sure about your board. was going to drop by tomorrow after i surf your break and pick some fins up from shapers

climber
NSW, 1125 posts
14 Mar 2014 5:39PM
Thumbs Up

Surfed LH beach this morn...got my clock cleaned paddled out, grabbed one (only) good left..rode it to far inside..caught in gutter...had my own private paddle and duckdive festivaland just got dragged sideways...walk of shame home

Now the swell is up and the beaches here are now approaching a "mess"..points will be the go...if you can go

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
14 Mar 2014 3:35PM
Thumbs Up

surfed kirra today...was not ideal,yet was sexy and i got smashed a fair bit...but the ones i made i will drink and tell tall stories about tonight

next two day i will be taking heaps of pics....will have a board ready if i think i can hold my breath that long

thePup
13831 posts
14 Mar 2014 3:37PM
Thumbs Up

Sadly I basically went to have a look at a lake this morning - would have been good if there was 2 or 3 footers

SP
10979 posts
14 Mar 2014 3:40PM
Thumbs Up

Anyone know how to get surf fit in 12 hours...

Really regretting being slack on the rehab with the waves looking as good as they do this weekend.

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
14 Mar 2014 3:44PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SP said..

Anyone know how to get surf fit in 12 hours...

Really regretting being slack on the rehab with the waves looking as good as they do this weekend.

be delusional like all the dumb ****s that paddle out at snapper

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
15 Mar 2014 12:23AM
Thumbs Up

It's like riding a bike SP - you will be fine. Having said that I did go for a paddle this morning in marginal conditions for that very reason n then backed it up this evening in much improved conditions. I have now driven 4hrs north and can see the waves breaking down the point I am staying in front off. It's fair to say there is blood flow! Expecting Sunday to be the day but Tom may surprise. And I like surprises.

Glad you got some good ones at Kirra Chrispy. - a wonderful spot. So is the extentsion to the groyne proving beneficial already with all the sand they pumped down just before the comp? Missed ya call as was driving. Speak shortly.

SP
10979 posts
15 Mar 2014 6:43AM
Thumbs Up

Swell hasn't really arrived here, still some really fun waves though.

thePup
13831 posts
15 Mar 2014 10:21AM
Thumbs Up

in at daybreak only one out - very soon became an absolute zoo , boards flicking everywhere , nothing like the good old metro wankers - could not believe the sheer numbers .... got some good ones in before I was forced out

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
15 Mar 2014 1:59PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thePup said..

in at daybreak only one out - very soon became an absolute zoo , boards flicking everywhere , nothing like the good old metro wankers - could not believe the sheer numbers .... got some good ones in before I was forced out

blah, blah, blah and 1 yada for good measure

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
15 Mar 2014 5:52PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thePup said..

You need to be a bit more assertive Pup

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
15 Mar 2014 7:21PM
Thumbs Up

Its supposed to get up here tomorrow.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
15 Mar 2014 7:25PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smh said..

Its supposed to get up here tomorrow.

Already here smh. Drove 4 hrs north n have had two amazing surfs today. Stoked. Hope this northly backs off though this evening.

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
15 Mar 2014 7:36PM
Thumbs Up

Well done Ted . Its been slowy building here today . I'm on night shift tonight and hoping to see some more size in the morning. I'll hear it first

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
15 Mar 2014 6:42PM
Thumbs Up

plenty big on the goldie. trained this morning then watched the surf for a bit.

this morning looks like being the best. later on on the lower tide its gone sideways.

i didn't have a board other than the log. thinking about how tough it is too paddle against the goldie point rips and how crowded it is- the only option for me with a limited hr range is a 666

i mean i can go to a pretty hard level but paddling up the point prone in a decent swell then getting a set on the head isn't what i my cardiologist prescribed

climber
NSW, 1125 posts
15 Mar 2014 8:54PM
Thumbs Up

yep it's here...in all its glory

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
15 Mar 2014 9:21PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
climber said..

yep it's here...in all its glory

Yes indeed it is. Swell has built throughout the day. Wind is now backing off so let's hope it cleans it up a bit before the dawn arrives. Will be waxing the big board Tom.

Locky24
QLD, 515 posts
15 Mar 2014 8:24PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..

Looks good up here at the moment - wish I was surfing here !

Haahaahaa, You and every other man and his dog Ted, the place has been packed all day.

Car park was Full at 4:30 this mornin.

Paddled out at a beachie just 15 K's south of this place at around 7 am on the full tide, and was way past double the size in the pic.
Super Long paddle out and had my ass handed back to me

Then got a few nice ones later on around 10 am when the tide dropped a bit.
Gunna sleep well tonight

weiry
QLD, 5396 posts
16 Mar 2014 12:29AM
Thumbs Up

god i wish the swell would stick around for a month

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"Where did you surf today?" started by Simondo