10 Apr 2014 5:12PM
Thumbs Up

alley-small fun

about time that bloke got some new boards

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
10 Apr 2014 5:53PM
Thumbs Up

swell dropping fast but still lots of fun ones coming through - just long lulls. Took the SP out for a run - been a long time since I have ridden her and she performed admirably. Such a wonderful board. Even though its well past its use by date and falling apart and heavy as all hell its still the most fun board I have ever surfed.

asea
QLD, 5511 posts
10 Apr 2014 7:22PM
Thumbs Up

nice waist high waves over the border 2 out

thePup
13831 posts
10 Apr 2014 5:35PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
asea said..

nice waist high waves over the border 2 out

hey get 2 super-sized Mangoes up you Godfather

Twimby
WA, 483 posts
10 Apr 2014 11:56PM
Thumbs Up

Had to do some work down at Pups local. Mid day glass off. Head high at the peak.
Even Grumpy Santa Claus almost smiled once...Almost.
4 people out.

thePup
13831 posts
11 Apr 2014 5:17PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Twimby said..

Had to do some work down at Pups local. Mid day glass off. Head high at the peak.
4 people out.

hahahaha mate Zibby is a frother .... top bloke , surfed with him heaps

Bit sad today , the odd waist to chest peeler - I missed out big time I reckon , couple of dudes kept reminding me the baaaaaaaaaaastards

asea
QLD, 5511 posts
11 Apr 2014 9:40PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thePup said..
Twimby said..

4 people out.

hahahaha mate Zibby is a frother .... top bloke , surfed with him heaps

Bit sad today , the odd waist to chest peeler - I missed out big time I reckon , couple of dudes kept reminding me the baaaaaaaaaaastards

Pup go easy on Zibby don't burn him you wave hog

thePup
13831 posts
11 Apr 2014 8:23PM
Thumbs Up

Prez Zib is one of those up on the nose so easily type frothers .... a pleasure to watch - he's good

thePup
13831 posts
12 Apr 2014 8:37AM
Thumbs Up

Well it's rubbish here - wasn't worth the drive this morning

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
12 Apr 2014 4:29PM
Thumbs Up

I surfed pathetic wind swell that was worse than rubbish. Water was warm and nice and I could see about 15 m or so with just my eyes, perfect. Highlight was a fella paddling through us on a kayak catching Spanish mackerel... Bravo buddy

climber
NSW, 1125 posts
12 Apr 2014 7:14PM
Thumbs Up

Surfed Shelly beach 1 ft and a bit...so much for todays epic swell..but big highlight..my young fella had a ball in the smaller surf and there is always tomorrow

thePup
13831 posts
12 Apr 2014 5:18PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
climber said..

Surfed Shelly beach 1 ft and a bit...so much for todays epic swell..but big highlight..my young fella had a ball in the smaller surf and there is always tomorrow

Geez mate - that's a surprise given Teds earlier posts

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
12 Apr 2014 7:31PM
Thumbs Up

Jeepers that is a surprise Climber - it is very big down here. I am just back from surfing a north facing reef on a south swell that had to come all the way around the headland and into the bay. Sets were a solid 4 foot plus and sucking up very nicely The open coast is absolutely huge. Massive. So is the wind so the sheltered spots are all that is handling it. Even one of the beaches that faces north and is protected from the SW wind had some huge sets coming in - thats one of the reasons I was on the reefs

climber
NSW, 1125 posts
12 Apr 2014 10:25PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..

Jeepers that is a surprise Climber - it is very big down here. I am just back from surfing a north facing reef on a south swell that had to come all the way around the headland and into the bay. Sets were a solid 4 foot plus and sucking up very nicely The open coast is absolutely huge. Massive. So is the wind so the sheltered spots are all that is handling it. Even one of the beaches that faces north and is protected from the SW wind had some huge sets coming in - thats one of the reasons I was on the reefs

Seriously surprised me too...but hoping for a better day tomorrow....one of the north facing beaches you could have water skied on

thePup
13831 posts
12 Apr 2014 9:09PM
Thumbs Up

Christ I hope there's something here tomoz .... these early morning drives for nothing lately are wearing thin

MickPC
8266 posts
13 Apr 2014 6:58AM
Thumbs Up

There will be mate...seems to be a bit better mid morning lately. Wind was a bit into it at 1100 yesterday when we went for a walk down to the beach, but there was a wave & only a few guys out. Sounds like there's a bit of a wave today, but I'm just about to head off to work.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
13 Apr 2014 10:33AM
Thumbs Up

Pumping over here today lads Open coast is huge and messy but around the corner its heaven. Some big clean up sets coming through to keep everyone honest - or to just make me crap my boardies

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
13 Apr 2014 10:35AM
Thumbs Up

Just a lazy 2.5. hour session with Lacey small clean perfection once again

climber
NSW, 1125 posts
13 Apr 2014 12:19PM
Thumbs Up

In comparison to Teds epic wave. This is Flynns beach in Port Macquarie today. Difference 250km and several feet of wave

thePup
13831 posts
13 Apr 2014 1:55PM
Thumbs Up

Up & into it before sun up - very few and a long wait for them , the odd chest high stuff .... then the weekend blowins arrived en masse
Probably a 4/10 at best

Hey Ted - that looks absolutely smoking brother - geez hows that one at the back

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
13 Apr 2014 6:08PM
Thumbs Up

surfed with everybody else plus all the easter holiday kiddies

thePup
13831 posts
14 Apr 2014 10:58AM
Thumbs Up

Score !!!! was excellent early on - some wicked sets came rolling thru , a dozen peeps or so out in total .... then the Devil north just blew it away , white cap city now

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
14 Apr 2014 4:08PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thePup said..

Score !!!! was excellent early on - some wicked sets came rolling thru , a dozen peeps or so out in total .... then the Devil north just blew it away , white cap city now

How was the fog down your way. Were i was you couldn't see the waves from the beach But you could here them

thePup
13831 posts
14 Apr 2014 4:43PM
Thumbs Up

No fog at all - crystal clear

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
14 Apr 2014 4:47PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thePup said..

No fog at all - crystal clear

Huh, this is a shot from the car after it had started to clear up.

thePup
13831 posts
14 Apr 2014 4:53PM
Thumbs Up

Must be a metro thing mate - clear as crystal southwards , not so much as a wisp in sight

MickPC
8266 posts
14 Apr 2014 6:39PM
Thumbs Up

Hopefully be something left over for me tomorrow PUP before I havta go & do some workplace training. This weeks shifts look like they're all on the best surf days lol...but I didn't expect there to be anything worthwhile this morning with the Northerly forecast, so might get lucky eh

thePup
13831 posts
14 Apr 2014 8:22PM
Thumbs Up

Mate the way that dropped off so farking quickly this morning from heads to diddely squat - it's not a cert ... but hey ya gotta have a gander early is the go go

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"Where did you surf today?" started by Simondo