Created by Simondo > 9 months ago, 23 Mar 2013
Cobra
9106 posts
3 Dec 2014 6:34PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..
Good.stuff climber
Me i.scored.some.fun unexpected waves this morning. Water was very dirty and cold,kept warm paddling against the sweep yeeeeeoooooooooow. Bring in tomorrow

WTF cold.

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
3 Dec 2014 6:49PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Cobra said...
chrispy said..
Good.stuff climber
Me i.scored.some.fun unexpected waves this morning. Water was very dirty and cold,kept warm paddling against the sweep yeeeeeoooooooooow. Bring in tomorrow

WTF cold.

Yep,the water in the last few weeks has been colder than what it was last winter

climber
NSW, 1125 posts
3 Dec 2014 9:57PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..

Cobra said...

chrispy said..
Good.stuff climber

WTF cold.

Yep,the water in the last few weeks has been colder than what it was last winter

yep cold here ....I froze in a 3/2 steamer this arvo.....freakin cold........but will surf again tomorrow

thePup
13831 posts
3 Dec 2014 8:30PM
Thumbs Up

Bastardos

MickPC
8266 posts
4 Dec 2014 11:33AM
Thumbs Up

Got 5 toes on the nose today.....on my 666

Super tiny, was expecting at least the odd waist high. Only thigh high on the freak sets, still fun though

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
4 Dec 2014 1:48PM
Thumbs Up

some ordinary alley- got a few,got out too

boofy
NSW, 2110 posts
4 Dec 2014 5:36PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..
some ordinary alley- got a few,got out too

I have got tomorrow off mate where would you suggest I might get a wave

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
4 Dec 2014 5:17PM
Thumbs Up

Did you smash him fella

AndyrooMac
TAS, 1925 posts
4 Dec 2014 6:50PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
climber said..

chrispy said..

Cobra said...

chrispy said..
Good.stuff climber

WTF cold.

yep cold here ....I froze in a 3/2 steamer this arvo.....freakin cold........but will surf again tomorrow

Soft!!! I'm nearly outta the 3/2 and into the Vest and shorts in Southern Tassie

climber
NSW, 1125 posts
4 Dec 2014 7:57PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
AndyrooMac said..

climber said..

chrispy said..

Cobra said...

chrispy said..
Good.stuff climber

WTF cold.

Soft!!! I'm nearly outta the 3/2 and into the Vest and shorts in Southern Tassie

true to word....did surf today and yes froze, was fun, but cool ...water was 15 -16 (max) degrees here due to the NE upwelling effect....yes you Tasweigens have thicker skin

SP
10979 posts
4 Dec 2014 7:08PM
Thumbs Up

^ hopefully it doesn't drift down this way.

I got wet this arvo and it wasn't that cold. Colder then the weekend but still
Spring suit temperature.

AndyrooMac
TAS, 1925 posts
4 Dec 2014 11:20PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
climber said...
AndyrooMac said..

climber said..

chrispy said..

Cobra said...

chrispy said..
Good.stuff climber

WTF cold.

true to word....did surf today and yes froze, was fun, but cool ...water was 15 -16 (max) degrees here due to the NE upwelling effect....yes you Tasweigens have thicker skin

Actually it's just me, and its not 'thick skin' its blubber

Ashmullet
NSW, 282 posts
5 Dec 2014 5:56AM
Thumbs Up

this place was good yesti but going to be a lot of people around this wknd I believe, so yea get it while u can or just share with a smile

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
5 Dec 2014 6:13AM
Thumbs Up

Lovely spot that one Ash. Hope u get some more today - we have the devil wind here early - hope it's not at yrs

Ashmullet
NSW, 282 posts
5 Dec 2014 6:25AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..
Lovely spot that one Ash. Hope u get some more today - we have the devil wind here early - hope it's not at yrs

Ah the dreaded north winds ( I love them we are really spoilt around here with these summer winds)

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
5 Dec 2014 6:47AM
Thumbs Up

I like them as well we had a light SE early now it's backed off clean n glassy but only 1ft of weak slop. Back to work for me!

Prawnhead
NSW, 1317 posts
5 Dec 2014 11:51AM
Thumbs Up

small and wobbly 1-2 feet NE wind swell but how f*cking cold was the water! fingers aching in 3/2 steamer

MickPC
8266 posts
5 Dec 2014 9:39AM
Thumbs Up

Slightly larger than expected with the occasional waist high. Fairly stiff cool offshore needing a few extra paddles to get in...had to bail after an hour, coz my ears were killing me from the wind. Gonna buy some earplugs & head down later when the tide comes up.

climber
NSW, 1125 posts
5 Dec 2014 12:40PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Prawnhead said..
small and wobbly 1-2 feet NE wind swell but how f*cking cold was the water! fingers aching in 3/2 steamer

I'm hearing you PH....surfed this morn (or grovelled must be a more apt description) .... freaky cold ATM....please can we have a southerly soon...
And for those who will call "soft"

I prefer the term "acclimatised" ....it has far more culture .. (was still cold though )

AndyrooMac
TAS, 1925 posts
5 Dec 2014 7:54PM
Thumbs Up

I'm really losing my shizzz, its been S or SE for two freakin weeks straight down here which means on-shore, on-shore and more freakin on-shore.... Next Wednesday before we get a break... I think thats some sorta record down here as the prevailing winds are N-NW... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrgh!!!!

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
5 Dec 2014 7:11PM
Thumbs Up

Might be a bit of hope 4 tomorrow .alley has cleaned right up

AndyrooMac
TAS, 1925 posts
5 Dec 2014 8:17PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..
Might be a bit of hope 4 tomorrow .alley has cleaned right uo

Its a bit of a trek from here broo

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
5 Dec 2014 7:32PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
AndyrooMac said..

laceys lane said..
Might be a bit of hope 4 tomorrow .alley has cleaned right uo

Its a bit of a trek from here broo

haha, we've had onshores for months now

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
5 Dec 2014 7:45PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..

really

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
5 Dec 2014 7:49PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

laceys lane said..

really

really and truly

jasdeking
QLD, 1820 posts
5 Dec 2014 8:00PM
Thumbs Up

it is evil this wind ...evil

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
5 Dec 2014 6:11PM
Thumbs Up

Suckers,had two.hours of lumpy rubbish. Got out to ho home. Then got talked into going back out. Surf cleaned up bank.was working happy days. Shame I wasted so much energy in the crap.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
5 Dec 2014 8:12PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
jasdeking said..
it is evil this wind ...evil

your probably right, the wind is just playing with me

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
6 Dec 2014 8:43AM
Thumbs Up

1.5 hrs of weak glassy 1-2ft sliders on my own. The 10 footer was loving life. Water is pleasant - not cold or warm - just right.

boofy
NSW, 2110 posts
6 Dec 2014 8:47AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..
1.5 hrs of weak glassy 1-2ft sliders on my own. The 10 footer was loving life. Water is pleasant - not cold or warm - just right.

Good on you Ted I checked all the Cams and talked myself out of it again I started doing laps at the pool yesterday what an eye opener to how unfit I am I would be cactus if my leggie snapped and I had to swim for any real distance

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"Where did you surf today?" started by Simondo