Forums > Surfing Longboarding

Where did you surf today?

Created by Simondo > 9 months ago, 23 Mar 2013
Horto11
202 posts
26 Nov 2014 9:53AM
Thumbs Up

Yeh maybe just distance south but I thought to have 19-20 degrees on the Goldie in late Nov was unseasonally cold??Maybe I am just soft and my memory is bad

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
26 Nov 2014 10:18AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Horto11 said...
Yeh maybe just distance south but I thought to have 19-20 degrees on the Goldie in late Nov was unseasonally cold??Maybe I am just soft and my memory is bad

Its because of the correllus effect(spelling will be.totally incorrect, but it sounds like that) so.when the northerlies blow,they take the top surface water which is warm out to sea,and the bottom water of the seabed which is freaking cold rises.

It was 18 yesterday which was colder than we had all winter.

Surf,turned up it was small and lumpy and i was about to go home. Glad I stayed. Some.really fun waves that glassed off and the swell pulsed on the rising tide. Another great morning of waves

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
26 Nov 2014 2:38PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..

Horto11 said...

Its because of the correllus effect(spelling will be.totally incorrect, but it sounds like that) so.when the northerlies blow,they take the top surface water which is warm out to sea,and the bottom water of the seabed which is freaking cold rises.

It was 18 yesterday which was colder than we had all winter.

Surf,turned up it was small and lumpy and i was about to go home. Glad I stayed. Some.really fun waves that glassed off and the swell pulsed on the rising tide. Another great morning of waves

hahahahahahaha you guys crack me up....18 is board short weather

boofy
NSW, 2110 posts
26 Nov 2014 5:45PM
Thumbs Up

I had two hours of 1 footers at Greenmount mid morning the water was beautiful it was one of those days I checked the cameras at home and nearly talked myself out of it but once I was there I was stoked

Macaha
QLD, 21893 posts
26 Nov 2014 5:27PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
boofy said..
I had two hours of 1 footers at Greenmount mid morning the water was beautiful it was one of those days I checked the cameras at home and nearly talked myself out of it but once I was there I was stoked

Nice one Boofy its still clean now, got to love a 10 footer

boofy
NSW, 2110 posts
26 Nov 2014 6:33PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

boofy said..

Nice one Boofy I saw a nice clean swell today it would have been fun on a 10 footer

Yeah it was pretty clean mate and only three of us on the little break me and two loggers with no leggies. I got as many waves as I wanted and was practising cross stepping and stupid turns its so good when there is no crowd and you dont have to milk the wave for everything and the next wave is only five minutes away not half an hour

Macaha
QLD, 21893 posts
26 Nov 2014 5:35PM
Thumbs Up

LM looks nice right now Boof

boofy
NSW, 2110 posts
26 Nov 2014 6:42PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

Its pouring rain here at the moment it would be so nice having a late arvo, balmy rainy surf

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
26 Nov 2014 3:44PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
boofy said...
Macaha said..

Its pouring rain here at the moment it would be so nice having a late arvo, balmy rainy surf

I would some.rain....surfed my 5'9 fatty. Funny the size difference we get.

boofy
NSW, 2110 posts
26 Nov 2014 6:49PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..

boofy said...

Macaha said..

I would some.rain....surfed my 5'9 fatty. Funny the size difference we get.

There was some good three footers coming through Dbah mate and the sand pumping jetty looked good from the lookout to

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
26 Nov 2014 7:21PM
Thumbs Up

I

GOT

WAVES

TODAY

PS. HAPPY

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
26 Nov 2014 9:04PM
Thumbs Up

I went for a swim this arvo with my surfboard - just to see if I could still paddle it. Wind swung around favourabbly to the north and I thought I would have a relatively uncrowded time -- but alas the school kids turned up then the tradies. Game over.

Macaha
QLD, 21893 posts
26 Nov 2014 8:27PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..
I

GOT

WAVES

TODAY

PS. HAPPY

I knew you would,I have been speaking with the farmer the past couple of days,said you were spotted.

parkerfan
WA, 20 posts
27 Nov 2014 11:20AM
Thumbs Up

Had a great surf at dbah on my quad it was 2 foot really fun

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
27 Nov 2014 6:39PM
Thumbs Up

Expected super.fun but all got was rubbish. Finished.up.went back.to.the.local.for.my hot chocolate.... Waves on banks.have appeared... Goodtimes

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
27 Nov 2014 8:57PM
Thumbs Up

i got a cruiser small surf to try a fin set up and it worked so overall successful despite by pretty small.

hoping the se winds kick in big time for tomorrow for some sweet bumps and then ease back for 1 st birthday and coffee fest

oh, im in the mood for lots of waves with my mct shooter now i reckon i have it setup

Macaha
QLD, 21893 posts
27 Nov 2014 9:05PM
Thumbs Up

What set up Lacey

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
27 Nov 2014 9:11PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..
What set up Lacey

7' dolphin centre, am2 sides. its not in the rule book but im digging on it good drive turning and steadier to walk on

climber
NSW, 1125 posts
28 Nov 2014 5:16PM
Thumbs Up

First surf in Waaaaaaaay to long

2ft beach break....at least the water was warm..
This constant N/E wind pattern is no longer fun...please huey send us some swell soon

SP
10979 posts
28 Nov 2014 2:27PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said...
Macaha said..
What set up Lacey

7' dolphin centre, am2 sides. its not in the rule book but im digging on it good drive turning and steadier to walk on

I Like it...
My go to used to be 6.5" in the middle and the shapers carbon 5s as sides..
I went to a thruster [s9] for a while but IMO still need the bigger centre.

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
28 Nov 2014 2:38PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SP said...
laceys lane said...
Macaha said..
What set up Lacey

I Like it...
My go to used to be 6.5" in the middle and the shapers carbon 5s as sides..
I went to a thruster [s9] for a while but IMO still need the bigger centre.

The 9s.and shark.fin centre SP. A twinnie with a tiny trailer really,or Roy's nubster might work. Make.sure you change the sides when the surf gets a bit more push as the big side will stress the fin plugs

Oh I surfed some incredibly crap rainbow then Gibson St. ****ing horrible

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
29 Nov 2014 10:21AM
Thumbs Up

2-3ft wedges. A bit bumpy but some fun ones in a northern protected corner somewhere close to home back for the second shift shortly

thePup
13831 posts
29 Nov 2014 10:35AM
Thumbs Up

At the local bit chopped up but got something out of it regardless ..... then had that bloody ominous 'copter patrol turn up circling for about 20 minutes ..... some poor bastard at the next break southwards got his thigh chewed by a 2 metre grey suit geez

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
29 Nov 2014 11:25AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thePup said..
At the local bit chopped up but got something out of it regardless ..... then had that bloody ominous 'copter patrol turn up circling for about 20 minutes ..... some poor bastard at the next break southwards got his thigh chewed by a 2 metre grey suit geez

Luckily its not that bad.. Mind you the media is going berserk

Simondo
VIC, 8020 posts
30 Nov 2014 12:07PM
Thumbs Up

Just had a surf at Torquay Point... There was some really fun Overhead Waves... A little bumpy, keeping the crowds nice and low... But I got 4 long rides from way out the back, through to the shorebreak!

Macaha
QLD, 21893 posts
30 Nov 2014 11:12AM
Thumbs Up

Epic Simondo

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
30 Nov 2014 2:24PM
Thumbs Up

Went mountain biking at 6am on some wicked single track at Awaba. Did not see one other bloke. Saw a couple of cars but that was it. Gold! Got home and cleaned the garage out - looks amazing. Might head to the beach shortly for an arvo session before the southerly buster arrives.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
30 Nov 2014 2:08PM
Thumbs Up

I got 5, 6 sec barrels at 4 th ave.

would you believe it

Macaha
QLD, 21893 posts
30 Nov 2014 2:10PM
Thumbs Up

Nope but some people believe anything they read in here bahhhhh bahhhhh

Cobra
9106 posts
30 Nov 2014 12:35PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thePup said..

Pup get the Fark out of theree. let the sea Shepherd and its followers have WA. watched a good doco on, i think ABC yesterday, about the great shark debate.
WA had the worlds highest shark death rate in the last so manny years. on the show it was weird to see diehard surfers,Locals and environment lovers with the hebegebees about going out in the water.

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"Where did you surf today?" started by Simondo