9106 posts
28 Dec 2014 7:56PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..

Cobra said..

You know the deal ted,,
Photos or............

Fair call - could not be bothered waiting for a set.

very nice ted,,noticed no one out…why would you move

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
28 Dec 2014 11:01PM
Thumbs Up

Its a lovely place here for sure but its also time for a change Cobra - the lady has been made redundant after 4.61 years of living here which has freed us up to move. Food manufacturing is not exactly a boom industry in Aussie at the minute with new markets and cheaper labour in Asia winning - so we were gong to have to relocate in Australia anyway. My work wants me to move to Asia. So we have reached a compromise and settled on something suitable for all. Flights booked - leaving Feb 13th.

Ricardo1709
NSW, 1301 posts
28 Dec 2014 11:07PM
Thumbs Up

Still waiting for some swell but good to get wet with some small ones on the old mal

Prawnhead
NSW, 1317 posts
28 Dec 2014 11:09PM
Thumbs Up

complete rubbish here today raining all day thank christ for the cricket and beer

Al G
NSW, 7663 posts
28 Dec 2014 11:19PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ashmullet said..
Some fun waves at North 1nie lots of crew out,,,,
A good fix to large hangover. pissing down here dry in Melbourne though hellllllooo lounge my friend

Thanks for that tip,I'll be going there tomoz!...

AndyrooMac
TAS, 1925 posts
28 Dec 2014 11:31PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
riverider said...
Shared some fun waves with andyroomac at the carlton river "superbank"

Nice to meet you dude, was pretty fun really and a cracker day. Was good being forced to surf my backhand all day given how sh1te I am on it. Managed some backhand cross stepping too after a lot of shuffling early and a cpl cheater 5's. Once again the HL excelled in waves really not suited to logging... Yeeew!!

Cobra
9106 posts
28 Dec 2014 9:01PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..
Its a lovely place here for sure but its also time for a change Cobra - the lady has been made redundant after 4.61 years of living here which has freed us up to move. Food manufacturing is not exactly a boom industry in Aussie at the minute with new markets and cheaper labour in Asia winning - so we were gong to have to relocate in Australia anyway. My work wants me to move to Asia. So we have reached a compromise and settled on something suitable for all. Flights booked - leaving Feb 13th.

WOW ted its all happening mate. good luck with all that,can create a little stress also little exciting. i will take note to remember that, before telling you how ****ty your cricket and league knowledge is i suppose those asians won't have a clue about cricket or league,win win
i will organise a cow for your arrival

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
28 Dec 2014 11:10PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ricardo1709 said..
Still waiting for some swell but good to get wet with some small ones on the old mal

cool

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
29 Dec 2014 7:25AM
Thumbs Up

Nice shot Ricardo - you should have come north a bit its backed off today so off to work for me sadly

thePup
13831 posts
29 Dec 2014 9:26AM
Thumbs Up

Awesome day with a great sunrise just a shame there were no waves - bit of exercise really fark WA

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
29 Dec 2014 11:30AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..

Ricardo1709 said..

cool

Looks like Lacey dancing

vanders1
QLD, 3809 posts
29 Dec 2014 12:16PM
Thumbs Up

Surfed LM with Lacey this morning, waves were bumpy and quite sucky and barrelling but we still managed to score some nice waves even through the holiday crowd.

Ricardo1709
NSW, 1301 posts
29 Dec 2014 2:48PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..
Nice shot Ricardo - you should have come north a bit its backed off today so off to work for me sadly

Thx couple of fun ones,heading up to pelos or birdie now for a d/winder to lakes on kites,n/easter is up and building,ya not missing any waves today

MickPC
8266 posts
29 Dec 2014 12:10PM
Thumbs Up

Had some fun waves today surfing in full kook mode on the 666 with sunnies & a hat Only a handfull out, bigger than expected at waist high. Mostly learner 666'ers doing unitentional bombies off their boats every couple of minutes, while I ran mine into the reef just about every wave. Good times

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
29 Dec 2014 7:21PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said...
laceys lane said..

Ricardo1709 said..

cool

Looks like Lacey dancing

Oh, I just saw this.

This guys more than cool. He's absolutely killing it

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
29 Dec 2014 7:36PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
vanders1 said..
Surfed LM with Lacey this morning, waves were bumpy and quite sucky and barrelling but we still managed to score some nice waves even through the holiday crowd.

Pfff LM and the holiday crew have nothing on this place,for give me I have had a ball on the 666 type of craft.Did a copper flight today over the island NS was clean and pumping a far cry from yesterdays road trip.Still no sight of the quality board I've been on the hunt for.

Tassiedevel
TAS, 2249 posts
29 Dec 2014 8:41PM
Thumbs Up

Cold front hit today finally bringing in a bit of NW swell .

Sadly also bought lots lots of wind and rain so back into the steamer

bit of a shock after swimming in board shorts yesterday .

AndyrooMac
TAS, 1925 posts
29 Dec 2014 11:23PM
Thumbs Up

Had one of those special surf moments today, totally regretting not taking the gopro out.

Surfing Carlton River, long wait but super fun head high sets and then a massive storm front rolls through! From sunny and not a cloud and then an amazing and beautiful black cloud mass rolles through, the rolling thunder and then bolts of lightning cracking around us... Totally awesome... and then a massive hail storm hits and so hard that the crew are holding boards above their heads for protection... And then... Sunny and clear again, she's a crazy and beautiful thing o'l mother nature

Tassiedevel
TAS, 2249 posts
29 Dec 2014 11:39PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
AndyrooMac said..
Had one of those special surf moments today, totally regretting not taking the gopro out.

Surfing Carlton River, long wait but super fun head high sets and then a massive storm front rolls through! From sunny and not a cloud and then an amazing and beautiful black cloud mass rolles through, the rolling thunder and then bolts of lightning cracking around us... Totally awesome... and then a massive hail storm hits and so hard that the crew are holding boards above their heads for protection... And then... Sunny and clear again, she's a crazy and beautiful thing o'l mother nature

Only in tassie ,

vanders1
QLD, 3809 posts
29 Dec 2014 10:48PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
AndyrooMac said..

Hope you didn't dint the hotlog

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
31 Dec 2014 7:52AM
Thumbs Up

yesterday rang a lifeguard up for a surf report for after work. he said it was crap and full of lice,maybe try up the road. so finished work and could not believe the head high glass on offer,thank you storm. i did get attacked by millions of lice,but was well worth it.

this morning was cracking again and the mini mal is loving it. lowlight was pulling it a cracking tube,crew at the end,and i was excited. until i took the high line and promptly had my board ripped from my feet and watched it go past my head...the crew loved it

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
31 Dec 2014 10:08AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ctngoodvibes said...
Beautiful coast and fickle waves. Stinking hot and windy but so nice to be in the water. Swallowed 3 flies walking down the cliff for a surf yesterday. They were everywhere.

Shut your mouth

thePup
13831 posts
31 Dec 2014 8:36AM
Thumbs Up

I am getting cosmic Kapitain Goodvibe

I am being very patient ..... just gotta get this shocker of a swing over without blowing at least one

Simondo
VIC, 8020 posts
31 Dec 2014 3:41PM
Thumbs Up

Surfed Bells and Rincon this morning.
Very fun!

^ Lacey

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
31 Dec 2014 3:34PM
Thumbs Up

The bowl hooked up a solid 3 for some fun low tide reef action got smacked so hard my back is black all good it's on tomorrow after a couple of lay days we have it on.go hard you guys

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
31 Dec 2014 4:36PM
Thumbs Up

well vanders picked me up after lunch and we walked straight into a pulsing lm. set waves over head, clean as a whistle .

vanders got a beauty I saw.

I got some great waves with some shacks out the front of greenmount.

its pretty good then you can fit a 9'6 into a barrel.

we both made the call to get out before anything went downhill.

some of the best waves I've surfed for sometime

that's how good it was mac

vanders1
QLD, 3809 posts
31 Dec 2014 7:54PM
Thumbs Up

^^^ Yeah it was certainly a great way to finish off the wave count for 2014, considering we were sharing the water with about 200+ other surfers and holiday swimmers we managed to score some cracker waves producing some long rides and long paddles back out. Some sets we agreed were at least 4' and tubing but forming nice walls to carve up.

Thanks Lacey for the arvo, I'm settling back now with a few cold ones and looking forward to many more in 2015.

Simondo
VIC, 8020 posts
31 Dec 2014 9:39PM
Thumbs Up

Nice one Vanders & Lacey!

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
31 Dec 2014 8:40PM
Thumbs Up

Geez I must be missing it

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
31 Dec 2014 6:41PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said...
Geez I must be missing it

**** them...200 out and no invite for me me thinks your doing ok and living large mac yeeeeeoooooooooow

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"Where did you surf today?" started by Simondo