Created by Simondo > 9 months ago, 23 Mar 2013
SP
10979 posts
9 Jan 2015 7:05AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thePup said...
chrispy said..
4ft with a lot of push. some nice bombs coming through. scored a few smokers. then i paddled for what could be easily wave of the day......and then it happened, a bloke i surf with,well his mate has panicked while i was taking off. so instead of moving inside me and duckdiving the wave. he sat there like a dear in the headlights,ive had to turn the board while pooping up not kill him....in that time he has bailed his board and his fin has almost gone through my whole board,from deck to bottom.

then while on the sand bank with the next set about to hit us he is wanting to work out how to untangle the boards,i just undid my leggie and dived to the side before the next one ****ed us. got my board paddled in endinfg what would have been the third day of great waves.

calmed down all i could do was thank my lucky stars that it was not in my head.

i also know not one of us owns the ocean,but surely if your not confident out there,maybe one should re think what they are doing. rant over. favorite board now dinged so the love affair will have to wait

maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate

For Scotty...

some mother****er ruined my new board.

Cuuuuuuuuuuu#t

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
9 Jan 2015 10:22AM
Thumbs Up

Oh no Chrispy,what board mate?

Vanders

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
9 Jan 2015 11:37AM
Thumbs Up

At least you are ok Chrispy. Sounds like a nightmare. I hope that person is helping to find the repair bill.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
9 Jan 2015 11:37AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Cobra said..
Ted i love you thanks for that

i just looked on MSW, if that stays on track fark'n
YYaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaHHHHoooooooooooooooooooo
thats look'n filth

please surf gods i promos to be good

Yes I have been watching that thing develop with envy. You boys just love the good old MOJ as it comes past at this time of the year ! ! ! !

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
9 Jan 2015 11:42AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..
4ft with a lot of push. some nice bombs coming through. scored a few smokers. then i paddled for what could be easily wave of the day......and then it happened, a bloke i surf with,well his mate has panicked while i was taking off. so instead of moving inside me and duckdiving the wave. he sat there like a dear in the headlights,ive had to turn the board while pooping up not kill him....in that time he has bailed his board and his fin has almost gone through my whole board,from deck to bottom.

then while on the sand bank with the next set about to hit us he is wanting to work out how to untangle the boards,i just undid my leggie and dived to the side before the next one ****ed us. got my board paddled in endinfg what would have been the third day of great waves.

i also know not one of us owns the ocean,but surely if your not confident out there,maybe one should re think what they are doing. rant over. favorite board now dinged so the love affair will have to wait

Thats ****ed.....I would of had a few choice words

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
9 Jan 2015 1:48PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Tux said..

chrispy said..

Thats ****ed.....I would of had a few choice words

i was pretty i calm i think? yes it is ****ed and i will post some pics. the board has been sitting in the sun trying to suck the water out so i get a easy repair. my question still is,why dont people think...oh **** i take that back mac it was the brand new balloon board. all good,the wounds are thee so i will not worry,and i escaped unharmed...so did he

CrossStep
SA, 210 posts
9 Jan 2015 4:42PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..

Stuck in front of the computer doesn't sound so bad now.

Cobra
9106 posts
9 Jan 2015 2:18PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..
Cobra said..
Ted i love you thanks for that

i just looked on MSW, if that stays on track fark'n
YYaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaHHHHoooooooooooooooooooo
thats look'n filth

please surf gods i promos to be good

Yes I have been watching that thing develop with envy. You boys just love the good old MOJ as it comes past at this time of the year ! ! ! !

4' wind swell waves today, took the 7'6 out

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
9 Jan 2015 4:25PM
Thumbs Up

bad luck chrispy or good luck. there two ways of looking at it

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
9 Jan 2015 4:30PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..

either way its was going to be bad,board or head both bad luck

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
9 Jan 2015 2:35PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

laceys lane said..

either way its was going to be bad,board or head both bad luck

more glad it was the board. when i saw how wedged the fin was,well when i was on the beach i just thought thank fark it was not me. it should never of happened though. i do now know after the last few days,she is a art to duckdive,but loves a late drop and is better in the tube than i am i love my mid long

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
9 Jan 2015 4:41PM
Thumbs Up

I reserve my right to change mind,you were extremely lucky.

thePup
13831 posts
9 Jan 2015 2:58PM
Thumbs Up

Nah it's farked gorgeous board now raped geez

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
9 Jan 2015 5:54PM
Thumbs Up

Never farken pup.....but mac,yep I'm lucky. Just notice where all the wax has been stripped from where his leggie wrapped my board.

thePup
13831 posts
9 Jan 2015 6:01PM
Thumbs Up

Champion that sucks it looks clean tho just hope Steve can work some magic for ya brother

climber
NSW, 1125 posts
9 Jan 2015 9:08PM
Thumbs Up

Geez Chrispy. That's a bummer. Glad your ok though

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
9 Jan 2015 6:20PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
climber said..

i feel like a cry baby now i think my point was more,that if your in surf that your not comfortable in/out of your depth in a big way. well why the fark would you do it?
he should not have been out there,and as i have said i dont own the ocean...BUT.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
9 Jan 2015 8:31PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..

climber said..

i feel like a cry baby now i think my point was more,that if your in surf that your not comfortable in/out of your depth in a big way. well why the fark would you do it?
he should not have been out there,and as i have said i dont own the ocean...BUT.

poor bloke. all he wanted to do was test himself and a flying chip crashes on top of him

sorry about the board tho

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
9 Jan 2015 8:40PM
Thumbs Up

Chrispy if it only the deck you won't notice the repair once finished they do some amazing colour matching now days.

I hope that makes you feel better,did you say he was mate or a guy you see out often.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
9 Jan 2015 10:05PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..
i feel like a cry baby now

Don't sweat it bro - but your wife has been telling me that for a years now

In all reality the good news is
1. You were not hurt
2. Its only a board
3. the other bloke was not hurt
4. it can be fixed as Mac says
5. you have another 25 SDR boards to choose from when you go for a surf tom
6. might be a good excuse to justify another board purchase

Hang loose and stay safe.

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
9 Jan 2015 7:12PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..

chrispy said..

1. You were not hurt
2. Its only a board

that made me laugh.... i sort of wish i did run him over now. and yes i know what board is going out tomorrow

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
9 Jan 2015 9:19PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..

Ted the Kiwi said..

chrispy said..

1. You were not hurt
2. Its only a board

that made me laugh.... i sort of wish i did run him over now. and yes i know what board is going out tomorrow

and yeah , at least your board got hit.

i got hit and im out for 5 days , so you've got it pretty good you big cry baby

vanders1
QLD, 3809 posts
9 Jan 2015 10:37PM
Thumbs Up

Chrispy sorry to hear about your board mate, just glad it wasn't skin & bone.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
10 Jan 2015 10:10AM
Thumbs Up

Some fun waves this morning. When i got to the national park entrance at 5:10am the gate was locked and the bloke could not open it - so I just grabbed my board and ran in. Good job as this kept the crowds down. Gate was still closed when I came back out. Weird thing going for a 20 min run before hitting the surf - my legs were on fire right from the get go. Felt really loose. Surf was a playful 2 ft with a few bigger ones. Although the Nano does not like the knee high stuff once they get to waist and above it really starts coming in to its own - esp with the new fin set up. Really liking the Nano now.

SP
10979 posts
10 Jan 2015 7:17AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said...
Some fun waves this morning. When i got to the national park entrance at 5:10am the gate was locked and the bloke could not open it - so I just grabbed my board and ran in. Good job as this kept the crowds down. Gate was still closed when I came back out. Weird thing going for a 20 min run before hitting the surf - my legs were on fire right from the get go. Felt really loose. Surf was a playful 2 ft with a few bigger ones. Although the Nano does not like the knee high stuff once they get to waist and above it really starts coming in to its own - esp with the new fin set up. Really liking the Nano now.

Yeah that wind dropping was a nice surprise.
Got a few fun ones before the crowd descended at 8am. Got Very crowded, very quickly.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
10 Jan 2015 10:34AM
Thumbs Up

Yes SP - it was amazing to have a surf without a northerly wind ! Still not even a breath on the lake in front of home. Might have to go back for round 2.

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
10 Jan 2015 8:10AM
Thumbs Up

Surfed some utter ****. Was beyond horrible. Got two and called it a day

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
10 Jan 2015 10:16AM
Thumbs Up

I commanded sh1t surf for 2 more days chrispy sorry

thePup
13831 posts
10 Jan 2015 8:42AM
Thumbs Up

Drove past my local on my way home from slavery & geez I am totally farking OVER farking these 20+ knot howling farking southerlies we're bogged in .... farking

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
10 Jan 2015 11:12AM
Thumbs Up

Clearly your not looking hard enough fellas I'll be out in this in 5 seconds

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"Where did you surf today?" started by Simondo