Forums > Surfing Longboarding

Where did you surf today?

Created by Simondo > 9 months ago, 23 Mar 2013
thePup
13831 posts
31 Mar 2015 5:41PM
Thumbs Up

At the local and it was smoking better than Cheech & Chong great score straight after a night shift

Cuttlefish
QLD, 1332 posts
31 Mar 2015 9:02PM
Thumbs Up

Woke up at 3am and checked the wind...W...alright...a break from the ESE'ers. 5am checked again WSW, so that is ok. Put a board in the van and drove the 10 mins to the beach. Hopped out of the van and straight away felt the breeze in my face.
This can't be good.
Walked over the walkway all the while feeling the breeze stiffening as I got closer to the beach.
Yep...due Easterly and shredded.
I got lots of work done today.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
31 Mar 2015 10:50PM
Thumbs Up

That sucks CF - I recall that pain. Hope you get an offshore soon - you are heading into the right end of the calendar for them. I did not surf today but it looked about 2ft out the front. Some more swell due tom. Shame I will still be on the sidelines.

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
31 Mar 2015 11:49PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said...
That sucks CF - I recall that pain. Hope you get an offshore soon - you are heading into the right end of the calendar for them. I did not surf today but it looked about 2ft out the front. Some more swell due tom. Shame I will still be on the sidelines.

Rest it up Ted. You'll be back out there in no time

Cuttlefish
QLD, 1332 posts
1 Apr 2015 5:05AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..

Yep Ted but last week it was onshore early and I wrote it off but after I took my kids to school was driving past the beach and see a bunch of cars parked there. Stop to see why (since I thought it was still onshore) and its a light offshore and relatively glassy.
So I get changed and grab my new board (and therein lies the problem ) and walk down to the waters edge while watching some really good looking 2-3' waves come through.
The new board touches the water and I literally feel the wind change from SW to Southerly (cross-shore) and I paddle out knowing that pretty soon it will clock around to SE. Sure enough.
Anyway rest up and enjoy what's bound to come over there.

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
1 Apr 2015 2:41PM
Thumbs Up

Some little knee to waist high runners . Went up the beach and it was only one other bloke and me . Nothing great but better than being at work

SP
10979 posts
1 Apr 2015 12:19PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smh said...
Some little knee to waist high runners . Went up the beach and it was only one other bloke and me . Nothing great but better than being at work

As someone who is at work... I agree..

asea
NSW, 5510 posts
1 Apr 2015 3:23PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SP said..

smh said...

As someone who is at work... I agree..

+1

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
1 Apr 2015 4:27PM
Thumbs Up

Just got back from Kiama from getting some blackfish weed off the rocks at the main beach and saw a huge school of salmon and a shark close by. Nobody swimming but one of the clubbies went out and chased the salmon and the shark away. I'm sure the salmon will be back with the shark later on. It was all there yesterday as well.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
1 Apr 2015 10:27PM
Thumbs Up

Heavy ! Saw a few reef sharks out at Geyger a few weeks back and that scared the crap out of me. Even though I knew they would not kill me they can still take a good bite if they so desire. I am terrified of all sharks !

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
2 Apr 2015 9:01AM
Thumbs Up

No good Ted...heal soon brother!!

Nice looking stick Crispy...more details before Pup fines you!!

climber
NSW, 1125 posts
5 Apr 2015 2:21PM
Thumbs Up

Well, I hope all you frothers got some Easter Sunday fun....
Scored some 2hrs of fun without a crowd at a local beach here....brilliant fun..

Happy Easter to you all

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
5 Apr 2015 5:11PM
Thumbs Up

The unholy trinity got out at lm today.

Although I think mac went down to cowards corner.

Me I want over the falls again big time. Must remember im not on the shortboard - just for a few waves till ive adjusted

thedrip
WA, 2354 posts
5 Apr 2015 5:12PM
Thumbs Up

Four guys. Four foot. Two hours. Glassy - which, if anyone saw the howling wind on most of the coast, demonstrates a little local knoeege is a good thing. Surfed the new board. Very surprised. A few more surfs and I will post a proper ride report.

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
5 Apr 2015 5:13PM
Thumbs Up

well I was suppose to give vanders a heads up wave wise this morning....oops, I was that excited I forgot we had some ****ing beautiful waves,tubes galore,people being smashed by lips and some super fun speed runs...me...one barely a tube,but some beautiful backhand speed runs all morning....trying to keep off the juice...well limit it for tomorrows sesson

Macaha
QLD, 21889 posts
5 Apr 2015 7:20PM
Thumbs Up

What happened to you last night Chrispy I had to reprosent the longboard community by myself

Oh what ever Lacey who was crying about those micro size groms taking waves off you and yes that
arse up act you have going was noted thats twice in two weeks

vanders1
QLD, 3809 posts
5 Apr 2015 7:20PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..

Me I want over the falls again big time. Must remember im not on the shortboard - just for a few waves till ive adjusted

Crowds did my head in today, go to take off and 12 people directly in front of me

1 or 2 ok rides, last one being the best, liked the feel of the 2+1 that I've changed to.

Thought mac had done a runner but it may have turned out he was the smart one, cleaner uncrowded waves is what he apparently found.

Macaha
QLD, 21889 posts
5 Apr 2015 7:24PM
Thumbs Up

Lacey made mention that inside bank was the one to surf,well thats where I was,then got swept into green mount and that was much better.

Just got home from a stroll at Burleigh clean there this afternoon I'm going for an early before work tomorrow.

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
5 Apr 2015 5:27PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..
What happened to you last night Chrispy I had to reprosent the longboard community by myself

Oh what ever Lacey who was crying about those micro size groms taking waves off you and yes that

put a post in the 666 room. things did not go to plan...my night was brilliant nonetheless

thePup
13831 posts
5 Apr 2015 5:39PM
Thumbs Up

Sat around for over an hour but gave it away wind killed it

Hey little champion I can offer my therapeutic services to you my son .... I only use 100% organic Mangoid treatments ..... guaranteed to find Froth , Stoke & Filthiness for a fraction of the cost farking although not necessarily in that order I also manufacture a wicked Ding Snag

thedrip
WA, 2354 posts
5 Apr 2015 6:21PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
vanders1 said...
laceys lane said..

Crowds did my head in today, go to take off and 12 people directly in front of me

1 or 2 ok rides, last one being the best, liked the feel of the 2+1 that I've changed to.

Thought mac had done a runner but it may have turned out he was the smart one, cleaner uncrowded waves is what he apparently found.

I love 2+1. Never tried it on a 9 footer but the two mid-lengths I have it on have convinced me.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
5 Apr 2015 8:23PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

what was i- a ham sandwich

Macaha
QLD, 21889 posts
5 Apr 2015 8:47PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..

Macaha said..

what was i- a ham sandwich

No you were my body guard

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
6 Apr 2015 3:44PM
Thumbs Up

Wow the swell did drop fast....BUT it was super clean and the banks were letting waves peel left and right..I love when the ocean is my friend. Fantastic morning with the usual suspects

obct
NSW, 3487 posts
6 Apr 2015 6:15PM
Thumbs Up

Queeny this arvo and yesterday arvo on the hotlog, yesterday in particular really suited the HL, I'm getting use to swapping boards now and the different techniques I need use use.

the soul surf design whips well but there's nothing quite like the lovely arching backhand turns you can do on the HL with back foot back all the way and learning gently into the turn.

and the way she can Occasionally hold a fat turd like me up in the tip is nothing short of a miracle.

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
6 Apr 2015 7:02PM
Thumbs Up

Some nice head high lefts today. Rode an 11'2 . Lots of fun despite the holiday crowd.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
6 Apr 2015 7:44PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..
Wow the swell did drop fast....BUT it was super clean and the banks were letting waves peel left and right..I love when the ocean is my friend. Fantastic morning with the usual suspects

yeah, I got rid of that pesky mac today and got some beachie treats localyl on the mr ff

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
6 Apr 2015 5:51PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said...
chrispy said..

yeah, I got rid of that pesky mac today and got some beachie treats localyl on the mr ff

Wish you were up here yesterday.... Was just such a magic morning...

climber
NSW, 1125 posts
6 Apr 2015 8:45PM
Thumbs Up

ohhhh...............the joy of low crowds 3ft clean A frames...ohhhhh the joy

had two days of bliss...hoping for a third in the morning

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
7 Apr 2015 8:09AM
Thumbs Up

Saturday - 3 hours in the middle of the day...bit of left over lump from the wind but 2 guys out and I could see the contest bouys....hahahaha
Sunday Morning - 3 hours 4 guys for teh first hour, 20 guys for the second...over 30 for the third...nice 3 footers good wind...mostly non-locals so I got evrey wave I wanted and everyones else can kiss my ass
Sunday arvo - 2 hours wind was a bit funky mostly just the local crew 10 guys max 3 foot still really nice shape
Monday Morning - repeat of Sunday morning maybe a touch smaller...

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"Where did you surf today?" started by Simondo