Forums > Surfing Longboarding

Where did you surf today?

Created by Simondo > 9 months ago, 23 Mar 2013
thedrip
WA, 2354 posts
7 Jun 2015 8:52PM
Thumbs Up

Same place this morning. Just me again. Next wave further in the bay, markedly smaller and way less consistent? 20 people. Yeeewww!

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
8 Jun 2015 8:41AM
Thumbs Up

Greenmount with Vanders and Lacey here's Lacey on one

E T
QLD, 2286 posts
8 Jun 2015 9:12AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..
Greenmount with Vanders and Lacey here's Lacey on one

Should have opened this first.

Now I know why you were up at 4.00am.

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
8 Jun 2015 9:23AM
Thumbs Up

Ctngoodvibes
WA, 1403 posts
8 Jun 2015 8:08AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said...

Did he sell that board on the paddle back out?

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
8 Jun 2015 10:19AM
Thumbs Up

Some nice ones but im spent.

Done and dusted

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
8 Jun 2015 10:19AM
Thumbs Up

I wouldn't think so,its a keeper from what I've seen over the past few days.
only people who blow waves paddle back out (like me ) the rest did the
walk of fame. As I was driving down the hill I spotted some poor bugger
about the walk up the hill,hell it was Vanders should have giving him a lift up
to the carpark but f#k VandersSorry Vanders hope you enjoyed the walk

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
8 Jun 2015 10:42AM
Thumbs Up

did I sell the board. what is this

happy to report another searching scan today and no viruses

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
8 Jun 2015 10:53AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
laceys lane said..
did I sell the board. what is this

happy to report another searching scan today and no viruses

Fully sic bro oh sorry poor choice of works,no virus found all clear.

thePup
13831 posts
8 Jun 2015 12:05PM
Thumbs Up

Nice work Lacey & V12

I hit the local at first light & scored some absolute smokers ...... all was good until the Metro Blow-ins pretty much farked the line up

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
8 Jun 2015 12:25PM
Thumbs Up

omac. me I went to Burleigh. walls were not as long,a bit peaky,but a bit bigger. lots of fun to be had. shame I had to come home. crowd was really good since it was spread out

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
8 Jun 2015 2:34PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..
omac. me I went to Burleigh. walls were not as long,a bit peaky,but a bit bigger. lots of fun to be had. shame I had to come home. crowd was really good since it was spread out

sound good mate what were you riding? I saw Mark ex board culture on a macca 8 footer going nuts.

towball
4627 posts
8 Jun 2015 12:37PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

What's that 666er doing there thought you were the boss hog there

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
8 Jun 2015 2:39PM
Thumbs Up

Nah passed that onto Lacey he should be fired.

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
8 Jun 2015 12:41PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

chrispy said..

sound good mate what were you riding? I saw Mark ex board culture on a macca 8 footer going nuts.

same board mac..well kinda mine is just a beachie version those walls looked fun that you boys had. time was just not on my side today

MickPC
8266 posts
8 Jun 2015 2:16PM
Thumbs Up

Some decent size waves at the local today, pretty fat after the peak, but fun. Think its officially time to put the springy away for winter. Surfed for 3.5 hours & ended up cramping up in the groin in the last 1/2 hour coz it got too inconsistent. I was gripping my leg by my wetty to assist in lifting it to walk up the dune back to my car.

Good to see you banana benders scored as well today

vanders1
QLD, 3809 posts
8 Jun 2015 4:31PM
Thumbs Up

Seriously if Lacey sells that 7'er he needs a bullet. Saw him on it today and I've never seen him look so at home on a board, it'll be interesting how th 6'er goes. Crazy nice board in the flesh.

I took the Goddard out and absolutely loved it, it was the first time out in decent quality waves and it seems to do everything I wanted in that type of board. Upped the fin from a 9" to a modified 10" Macca gave me it it felt great.

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
8 Jun 2015 4:34PM
Thumbs Up

Totally agree with Vanders who was also killing today

vanders1
QLD, 3809 posts
8 Jun 2015 4:42PM
Thumbs Up

I lost sight of you after your second walk around, the paddle back out was much easier up near Snapper that at Greeny point.

Ctngoodvibes
WA, 1403 posts
8 Jun 2015 3:07PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
MickPC said...
Some decent size waves at the local today, pretty fat after the peak, but fun. Think its officially time to put the springy away for winter. Surfed for 3.5 hours & ended up cramping up in the groin in the last 1/2 hour coz it got too inconsistent. I was gripping my leg by my wetty to assist in lifting it to walk up the dune back to my car.

Saw some photos from that big Thursday swell a couple of weeks ago at that long left to the north of where you normally surf,,, did my head in - looked like it was smoking and no one was out!

MickPC
8266 posts
8 Jun 2015 5:55PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ctngoodvibes said..
MickPC said...

Saw some photos from that big Thursday swell a couple of weeks ago at that long left to the north of where you normally surf,,, did my head in - looked like it was smoking and no one was out!

That Thursday was very quiet, it had been going off since Monday. Tues & Thurs were the biggest days & also the least busy. So that was probably the case, gotta love this time of year

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
9 Jun 2015 4:27PM
Thumbs Up

Went out in ankle snappers today with one other guy on a log. Nice offshore day and sunny but waves not happening. Hopefully tomorrow. Cant complain though as theres been a really good run of swell over the past couple of weeks. Wore a short john out there today and its winter.

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
9 Jun 2015 6:47PM
Thumbs Up

surfed some horrible onshore slop this arvo.....wind was good all day untill i paddled out

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
9 Jun 2015 9:07PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..
surfed some horrible onshore slop this arvo.....wind was good all day untill i paddled out

Matt was at tos said it was fun

thedrip
WA, 2354 posts
9 Jun 2015 7:10PM
Thumbs Up

Eight foot. Glassy offshore. Big boards in solid waves are a handful when getting caught inside though. It's never good here.

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
9 Jun 2015 7:24PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

chrispy said..

Matt was at tos said it was fun

i had to wait till after work. tos is a bit off with the sand atm,,,,still it was nice to get the grease off me

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
10 Jun 2015 7:09PM
Thumbs Up

took the log out at the alley but dam there waves. should have taken the bqs.

I was a bit wobbly on the noserider first up but found my feet

got a cracker second last wave . deep steep trimming, dropped down, copped a bit on the head then tucked inside and came out with more wall to play with.

makes living on the crowded goldie all worth getting magic winter afternoons surfs with a few mates and not much crowd.

bring it on

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
10 Jun 2015 7:15PM
Thumbs Up

Got a little bank alone this arvo out of the southerly. Had the steamer on today

thePup
13831 posts
10 Jun 2015 5:26PM
Thumbs Up

Great work you two froffers

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
10 Jun 2015 6:04PM
Thumbs Up

Wish I surfed this, this morning..... Courtesy of a secret

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding