Forums > Surfing Longboarding

Where did you surf today?

Created by Simondo > 9 months ago, 23 Mar 2013
thedrip
WA, 2354 posts
15 Jun 2015 6:51PM
Thumbs Up

Surfed here the last two days. It's not really a longboard wave but thought I would share it.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
16 Jun 2015 9:43AM
Thumbs Up

Great shot. Looks like you have that board dialled in nicely.

thedrip
WA, 2354 posts
16 Jun 2015 7:55AM
Thumbs Up

Nah, that's not me. It's a mate on an old single fin. A ****teenth of a second after the pic he was fully kegged. It was a good session though and I opened with two barrels in four waves. The new board went much better with the bigger fins.

Is that you sliding out of the tube? Your life looks tough.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
16 Jun 2015 10:06AM
Thumbs Up

Nope - i grabbed that sequence after I came in - that is the view from the front balcony.

thedrip
WA, 2354 posts
16 Jun 2015 10:39AM
Thumbs Up

Yep you must hate life.

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
16 Jun 2015 6:37PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..
Great shot. Looks like you have that board dialled in nicely.

We love Indo Ted!!

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
16 Jun 2015 7:18PM
Thumbs Up

Just got back from a late arvo session. Some good size sets and not too crowded. Got some nice ones. Wore the short john again. Water temp still ok but it was a bit nippy with the breeze.

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
16 Jun 2015 7:00PM
Thumbs Up

I had a arvo sesh and it was crap glad yours was good smh

thedrip
WA, 2354 posts
16 Jun 2015 7:52PM
Thumbs Up

And I am happy you both got waves. Work + family > surf.

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
17 Jun 2015 10:34AM
Thumbs Up

Some gem banks around....fun morning

MickPC
8266 posts
17 Jun 2015 7:30PM
Thumbs Up

Looks heaps fun Chrispy, the peeps walking in tshirts/shorts has me thinking its a lot warmer than here too

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
18 Jun 2015 4:14PM
Thumbs Up

Swell has built here steadily through the morning. Some good sized chunks coming through now. Wind is offshore. Heaven.

vanders1
QLD, 3809 posts
18 Jun 2015 4:20PM
Thumbs Up

Surfed LM and into Greeny this morning, mostly just to the left of the picture. A couple of 3' sets but little to no crowd where I was sitting.
Gotta love the fact we're still in boards and a rashie.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
18 Jun 2015 5:01PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
vanders1 said...
Surfed LM and into Greeny this morning, mostly just to the left of the picture. A couple of 3' sets but little to no crowd where I was sitting.

Lucky man

Macaha
QLD, 21892 posts
18 Jun 2015 5:11PM
Thumbs Up

Lucky indeed,some of us have to work and hope a surfer drops bye to fill us in.

I got lucky,Vanders dropped bye

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
18 Jun 2015 5:49PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
vanders1 said..

Looks nice. Been on night shift and haven't got out today. Weather is horrible.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
18 Jun 2015 8:35PM
Thumbs Up

Nice work Vanders. We had some fun ones this morning and then the swell just continued to build as the day went on. Pretty sketchy on the low tide.

MickPC
8266 posts
18 Jun 2015 8:52PM
Thumbs Up

Looks super sucky Ted, most of the wave is below sea level

Check out the swell & tides for 28th/29th...looks like dawn raids for big right hand barrels are gonna be the go

MickPC
8266 posts
19 Jun 2015 11:07AM
Thumbs Up

Another grey day with poo surf. Been trying to repair a board with UV triggered resin & I'm running into day 3 with the filler coat.

Browsing ebay, saw a couple of familiar looking CW LB's & $1.20 summer wax with free shipping. I left yaz 8 blocks
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/New-Mrs-Palmers-Five-Daughters-70G-19-22C-Surf-Wax-Surfing-Accessories-Natural-/251998993447?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item3aac4f7c27

Andy T
WA, 325 posts
19 Jun 2015 1:11PM
Thumbs Up

Hey mick, I bought a $5 uv torch off fleabay. Works great when the sun don't shine!

MickPC
8266 posts
19 Jun 2015 3:02PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Andy T said..
Hey mick, I bought a $5 uv torch off fleabay. Works great when the sun don't shine!

That is very cool. I actually thought about artificial light to get the job done & remembered I'd just thrown out a double UV fluro that I'd been lugging around for 10years.

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
19 Jun 2015 3:48PM
Thumbs Up

Another fun day in paradise. Gotta love a two surf day

climber
NSW, 1125 posts
19 Jun 2015 9:41PM
Thumbs Up

Back in the water after a 4 week break for business

Got some awesome waves on a point / beach not to far from here....2 hrs of very uncrowded waves point was a little off, but hence why i said beach
100mtr up the beach was some of the best A frames to be had for a while...buckets of fun
very happy (and tired)

vanders1
QLD, 3809 posts
20 Jun 2015 12:10AM
Thumbs Up

Finally after a year or more discussions I finally caught up with Jas & Fenna at Noosa.
Started at first point with tiny fast breaking peelers then following Fenna's lead we headed over to the point at Little Cove where we all made pigs of ourselves, swapped boards around and I had my first taste of 9'9 Sweet Love while Fenna took ownership of my 10'2 Hotlog and offered to buy it after enjoying wave after wave on it. A big thanks to Jas and Fenna for a great afternoon.

A great couple of hours spent in a great part of the world.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
20 Jun 2015 12:39AM
Thumbs Up

Good to see the Greenroom love on the Sunny Coast !

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
20 Jun 2015 8:01AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
vanders1 said...
Finally after a year or more discussions I finally caught up with Jas & Fenna at Noosa.
Started at first point with tiny fast breaking peelers then following Fenna's lead we headed over to the point at Little Cove where we all made pigs of ourselves, swapped boards around and I had my first taste of 9'9 Sweet Love while Fenna took ownership of my 10'2 Hotlog and offered to buy it after enjoying wave after wave on it. A big thanks to Jas and Fenna for a great afternoon.

So are you going to keep the hl now

Macaha
QLD, 21892 posts
20 Jun 2015 8:06AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
vanders1 said..

Club requests LM gate key back,you have 24 hours or we will change the lock.

Macaha
QLD, 21892 posts
20 Jun 2015 8:08AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
vanders1 said..

Mate give us some news why don't you,is the coffee any good up sunny boy land

Macaha
QLD, 21892 posts
20 Jun 2015 8:09AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
vanders1 said..

You've left the cool group and joined the really cool gang

Macaha
QLD, 21892 posts
20 Jun 2015 8:10AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
vanders1 said..

Sunny Boys your new favourite band now

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"Where did you surf today?" started by Simondo