And LM

next point south too

Tassiedevel
TAS, 2249 posts
24 Nov 2015 6:55PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..
Apparently one of the best waves in Australia on its day. Not a lot of swell when I was here but an absolutely beautiful place. I could sort of see the potential. The set ups looked good and the prevailing weather conditions are perfect. Got shown some amazing pics and video of it in action just 2 days prior to my arrival - ahhh so not fair. Will be hitting this place up again now I know how to find it and when it works.

King Island - Have been doing some enquiries . Best time to go mid winter on a big southwest swell . Swell on King island as a rule about 2 foot smaller then the west coast . Are some great longboard / SUP breaks - so not just for shortboarders . But is hard to get a longboard / SUP across - have to send them in a freight plane week before going . Short boards if plane is not full can be placed up the middle between the seats . Cost is about $450 return from Burnie think it's actually cheaper from Victoria . Accomodation can be hard to get so best to book before go . Maybe next year for me .

Cobra
9106 posts
24 Nov 2015 4:10PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..

Looks like I might get some waves tomorrow

Fingers crossed

looks like i won't get a wave for a while.

fingers crossed Ha nearly cut one off today.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
24 Nov 2015 7:44PM
Thumbs Up

TD my shorties went in the hold. 666 might be a bit windy for them unless you want to do a DW. Or you hang out on the other side when there is a good swell running. Leave it behind and take shorties, golf clubs and an empty esky - trust me

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
25 Nov 2015 3:01AM
Thumbs Up

Yesterday we had two to three ft wedges for a hour. Bit bumpy but vet fun. It looked like it was going to get better as time went on.....

We were wrong.....it is now glassy and flat

Hope someone gets some fun

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
25 Nov 2015 9:02AM
Thumbs Up

Just back from a post night shift surf. Pretty small and dribbly but still got a few. A guy down there told me that there will be a pulse around lunch time so i might get some house work done and head back down for a look.

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
25 Nov 2015 3:17PM
Thumbs Up

Went back down and had another go at it. Very low tide with the odd zippy little runner but had to pick them from the closeouts. Lots of constant paddling with the wind but I'm glad I went because I got a few

Cobra
9106 posts
25 Nov 2015 2:03PM
Thumbs Up

SMH good on you mate,i like your commitment sounds like it paid off

Dr just told me no surf for a while

Macaha
QLD, 21884 posts
25 Nov 2015 4:21PM
Thumbs Up

Nice focus on the buddha shame we couldn't see the hand,no thats probably a good thing I hope it heals faster than a cut snake

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
25 Nov 2015 5:22PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Cobra said..
SMH good on you mate,i like your commitment sounds like it paid off

Dr just told me no surf for a while

Cheers mate . I'll have another look tomorrow . Got a few days off now. What happened to your finger ? Looks like you've opened it up.

thePup
13831 posts
25 Nov 2015 2:24PM
Thumbs Up

Geez that doesn't look flash mate - walking wounded in the greenie atm

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
26 Nov 2015 2:54AM
Thumbs Up

Wow this is getting really bad.

It would be completely flat if it was not for the chop.

Water looks dirty and cold.

Hope you other folk are getting some....and remember if it is crap.... It's still better than what we have

thePup
13831 posts
26 Nov 2015 3:03AM
Thumbs Up

No it's Sh!te mate no joy

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
26 Nov 2015 5:03AM
Thumbs Up

Im just starting my walk it blowing the devil. Not looking good..

Cobra- cut snake. Take it easy mate

Macaha
QLD, 21884 posts
26 Nov 2015 5:06AM
Thumbs Up

Thats cool I'll be working anyway,thanks for the report I will be happier today knowing I'm not missing out
South change tomorrow perfect timing

Cobra
9106 posts
26 Nov 2015 7:14AM
Thumbs Up

smh a bit of cladding attacked me..few stitches she'll be good in a few days.
funny mac i think my flash on the phone is gooooone.

thePup
13831 posts
26 Nov 2015 8:05AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Cobra said..
smh a bit of cladding attacked me..few stitches she'll be good in a few days.
funny mac i think my flash on the phone is gooooone.

Jesus Christ ya silly bloody snake you must treat cladding like you would a wayward Goldie nymphet gentle but firm & in control at all times maaaaaaaaaaaate do I have to discipline you too fark sakes

MickPC
8266 posts
26 Nov 2015 12:15PM
Thumbs Up

Super fun little beachie barrels today, feeling real summery in rashy/boardies...another day in paradise

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
26 Nov 2015 6:22PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
MickPC said...
Super fun little beachie barrels today, feeling real summery in rashy/boardies...another day in paradise

Glad you got something Mick. Today was no good then this huge offshore wind came up and flattened it before swinging around from the South. Weekend is nearly here so I'll get out on Monday .

MickPC
8266 posts
26 Nov 2015 4:02PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smh said..

MickPC said...

Glad you got something Mick. Today was no good then this huge offshore wind came up and flattened it before swinging around from the South. Weekend is nearly here so I'll get out on Monday .

Cheers mate, I think we've had similar runs lately...low swell, craptactular wind...funny since we're on opposite sides of the continent....should really have mentioned, I surfed with a mates youngest son who's now on school holidays. He usually rides a 5'7 SB but he was on a softop taking off backwards, spinning around & then riding along. Doing the odd jump as the board righted itself, forget what he called it but I recognised the word as a skating term...I had a go, could do it on my knees but the board wanted to right itself before I could get to my feet. Then again I was riding a quad & his fins were a little larger than nubs. Had to ask him if he had fins at first haha. But year added to the small wave fun

firstpoint
QLD, 613 posts
27 Nov 2015 11:21AM
Thumbs Up

Se just hit.now for some swell

MickPC
8266 posts
27 Nov 2015 10:50AM
Thumbs Up

Few fun micro waves on the 666 this morning, absolutely beautiful day

Surf69
WA, 883 posts
27 Nov 2015 10:52AM
Thumbs Up

8 days of straight on shores , starting to go a wee bit loopy and looks like there's another week of on shores ahead for us
Booooooo!!!!

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
27 Nov 2015 2:01PM
Thumbs Up

There were some fun waves in Manly this morning. I could not participate as needed to get to the airport. Got to the airport and flight was cancelled. No drama - back to Manly for a surf - half way back and the airline calls to say they can get me on another flight. What a day. Anyway looks I will make the Lads boat trip to Nusa Lembongan after all on Sunday now. Stoked. Funny bunch of fellas. Back to Indo for a 7 week stint. Hope the waves are good to you and the injured ones among you heal. I have two new boards packed that are itching to get wet. The new quiver is almost complete.

DARTH
WA, 3028 posts
27 Nov 2015 11:21AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Surf69 said..
8 days of straight on shores , starting to go a wee bit loopy and looks like there's another week of on shores ahead for us
Booooooo!!!!

Not a great time of the year eh

thedrip
WA, 2353 posts
27 Nov 2015 11:29AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
DARTH said..

Surf69 said..
Booooooo!!!!

I reckon El Niño years ruin the winds on the West coast. The swells are smaller and the winds more southerly.

DARTH
WA, 3028 posts
27 Nov 2015 11:48AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thedrip said..

DARTH said..

Surf69 said..
Booooooo!!!!

I reckon El Niño years ruin the winds on the West coast. The swells are smaller and the winds more southerly.

Yea it wasnt this bad last year..

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
27 Nov 2015 2:10PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..
There were some fun waves in Manly this morning. I could not participate as needed to get to the airport. Got to the airport and flight was cancelled. No drama - back to Manly for a surf - half way back and the airline calls to say they can get me on another flight. What a day. Anyway looks I will make the Lads boat trip to Nusa Lembongan after all on Sunday now. Stoked. Funny bunch of fellas. Back to Indo for a 7 week stint. Hope the waves are good to you and the injured ones among you heal. I have two new boards packed that are itching to get wet. The new quiver is almost complete.

your always getting boards

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
27 Nov 2015 3:24PM
Thumbs Up

Sat on plane for an hour and the. We got bumped off! Ahhh back to Manly again. At this rate I will never leave.

Re LL I have had the new one from Tux - still new as not surfed it these last 4 weeks except for 3 Carp efforts. So it's still new. The other one is the replacement for the Nano I broke last time I was there. It's does not even have wax on it - been saving it. I had to treat myself after the ABs strong performance

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"Where did you surf today?" started by Simondo