QLD, 21900 posts
10 Sep 2016 3:23PM
Thumbs Up

8 to 10 foot today

Al G
NSW, 7663 posts
10 Sep 2016 3:54PM
Thumbs Up

Nice waves,where ya out there Mac,i'de be only watching waves like that these days

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
10 Sep 2016 4:00PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Al G said...
Nice waves,where ya out there Mac,i'de be only watching waves like that these days

Watching drinking and eating mate geez loving this trip

Al G
NSW, 7663 posts
10 Sep 2016 4:07PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

Al G said...

Watching drinking and eating mate geez loving this trip

good stuff,lucky bugger,good on ya mate enjoy

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
10 Sep 2016 4:07PM
Thumbs Up

Up in Sydney today but it turned offshore a few hours back and there's a north east swell . My young bloke text me and said it was pretty good

Ricardo1709
NSW, 1301 posts
10 Sep 2016 6:28PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..
8 to 10 foot today

bit of size sure thins the crowds out, great line up

thedrip
WA, 2354 posts
10 Sep 2016 4:49PM
Thumbs Up

Sick waves. Grab a board and get out there!

thedrip
WA, 2354 posts
10 Sep 2016 4:51PM
Thumbs Up

I'm surfed out. So knackered. Legs, arms, back. Big walk on soft sand then a three hour surf, then the big walk back carrying a 9'6". Stuffed. Saw three guys bleeding which wasn't confidence inspiring after Monday's little event.

I heard it was a dolphin too btw.

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
10 Sep 2016 7:37PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said...
8 to 10 foot today

great pic Mac

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
10 Sep 2016 7:46PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ricardo1709 said...
Macaha said..
8 to 10 foot today

bit of size sure thins the crowds out, great line up

Just cuised Seminyak man it's massive and nobody surfed today some bombs but nothing makable

vanders1
QLD, 3809 posts
10 Sep 2016 7:53PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..
8 to 10 foot today

Unusual for you that you didn't wax before your holiday.

IFocus
WA, 582 posts
11 Sep 2016 6:20AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thedrip said..
I'm surfed out. So knackered. Legs, arms, back. Big walk on soft sand then a three hour surf, then the big walk back carrying a 9'6". Stuffed. Saw three guys bleeding which wasn't confidence inspiring after Monday's little event.

Strange behavior for a White thought it may have been a big bronzie.....dolphin love bump maybe :-)

The other arvo pulled into a car park could see it wasn't perfect but is was bigger and there were opportunities for greater glory was pretty hyped up frothing talking it up with a couple blokes jumped into the wetsuit grabbed the board and started to run across the grass in front of the car park when a loud crack came from my right leg calf muscle.

Thinking it was a mere flesh wound (brain was going surfing but the body had other ideas) I kept running ended up on my knees didn't make the other side of the grass hobbled back to the car a broken man

Missus asked if I was going to see anyone on the way home.........I said yes the the fu(ken bottle shop

4 weeks recovery have fun guys really envious Macaha you in Bali / Mick going soon, stay safe Drip.

MickPC
8266 posts
11 Sep 2016 7:44AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..
8 to 10 foot today

Epic pic Mac, yeah no way you'd get me out there either. The current looked like a river on cam too...Padang Padang & Bingin looked fun

MickPC
8266 posts
11 Sep 2016 7:48AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thedrip said..

If thats that place round your home side of the coast I'd be very nervous. Last time I was there, there was a whale carcass on the rocks being gorged on by about 7 sharks. 4m white swam 3m off a crowded bunkers beach on its way there.

MickPC
8266 posts
11 Sep 2016 7:54AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
IFocus said..

thedrip said..

Strange behavior for a White thought it may have been a big bronzie.....dolphin love bump maybe :-)

The other arvo pulled into a car park could see it wasn't perfect but is was bigger and there were opportunities for greater glory was pretty hyped up frothing talking it up with a couple blokes jumped into the wetsuit grabbed the board and started to run across the grass in front of the car park when a loud crack came from my right leg calf muscle.

Thinking it was a mere flesh wound (brain was going surfing but the body had other ideas) I kept running ended up on my knees didn't make the other side of the grass hobbled back to the car a broken man

Missus asked if I was going to see anyone on the way home.........I said yes the the fu(ken bottle shop

4 weeks recovery have fun guys really envious Macaha you in Bali / Mick going soon, stay safe Drip.

Damn that sux, agree with the medicine, but you should see a Dr too. I get painful cramps along the side of my foot sometimes when I do that I'm out there jog, been getting it a couple of years now...if thats that surf spot I'm thinking of, the reef out the back to the left was smoking 11am Fri. Probably triple overhead peeling all the way left to right with some hollow sections. Would have needed a tow on a serious gun & some skillz to ride it though.

Hope ya heal up soon mate.

bazz61
QLD, 3570 posts
11 Sep 2016 10:17AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
MickPC said..

IFocus said..

thedrip said..

Damn that sux, agree with the medicine, but you should see a Dr too. I get painful cramps along the side of my foot sometimes when I do that I'm out there jog, been getting it a couple of years now...if thats that surf spot I'm thinking of, the reef out the back to the left was smoking 11am Fri. Probably triple overhead peeling all the way left to right with some hollow sections. Would have needed a tow on a serious gun & some skillz to ride it though.

For cramps Magnesium tablets, fixes it for me

MickPC
8266 posts
11 Sep 2016 11:06AM
Thumbs Up

Cheers Baz will give em a try

.........Fun waves today until a 3 foot shark fin sent us all in

Ctngoodvibes
WA, 1403 posts
11 Sep 2016 11:49AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
MickPC said...

U end up getting a Rpela mate?

MickPC
8266 posts
11 Sep 2016 1:40PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ctngoodvibes said..

MickPC said...

U end up getting a Rpela mate?

Not yet mate, have money set aside for one. Hard part is getting up to Perth. I might order it online & get a local bloke to install it.

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
11 Sep 2016 4:35PM
Thumbs Up

Pretty weak onshore dribble here today. I only went out for half an hour. Doesn't matter because it was good during the week and the sharkies won

Al G
NSW, 7663 posts
11 Sep 2016 6:08PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smh said..
Pretty weak onshore dribble here today. I only went out for half an hour. Doesn't matter because it was good during the week and the sharkies won

Pretty similar here mate,wasn't out long either,went swimming with the Mrs after that,more points

thedrip
WA, 2354 posts
11 Sep 2016 9:44PM
Thumbs Up

It was solid at the local. I took out the gun. Wanted nothing to do with it and didn't get a wave.

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
12 Sep 2016 6:48AM
Thumbs Up

Some good waves yesterday...managed to clock a sweet 4 hr session....waves were super clean probs about 3-4 foot

Cobra
9106 posts
12 Sep 2016 4:49AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
bazz61 said..

MickPC said..

IFocus said..

thedrip said..

+1

IFocus
WA, 582 posts
12 Sep 2016 5:57PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
MickPC said..

Seen the 666's come in while having a Travis coffee didn't realize until one said something the size of a small car passed underneath

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
12 Sep 2016 7:27PM
Thumbs Up

Fun waves

MickPC
8266 posts
13 Sep 2016 7:47AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
IFocus said..

MickPC said..

Seen the 666's come in while having a Travis coffee didn't realize until one said something the size of a small car passed underneath

Yeah there were three 666's at 2nd's & 7 of us on SB's up at 1st. One of the 666'ers ran up & told us, the fin was up to his waist out of the water.

MickPC
8266 posts
15 Sep 2016 12:42PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Cobra said..

bazz61 said..

MickPC said..

IFocus said..

thedrip said..

+1

Got some today, left foot has been dodgy since the last surf on Sunday. Foot felt a bit numb from the cold when I came in, my new Rip Curl 1.5mm booties suck compared to my old Quicky 2mm. The Rip Curls have like thin material on top of the foot instead of rubber, except on top of the toes. Rubber on top of the toes tends to be grabby when you go to jump up & made me place my foot a little back out of place a couple of times & almost farked take off before I had a chance to move it forward. I wouldn't recommend them, unfortunately the Quickies were out of stock when I ordered online....but anyway yeah.. After the previous weekend before last I thought spring was here, but weather switched back to winter again haha

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
17 Sep 2016 12:05PM
Thumbs Up

Back home and into a small LM slider session, a little late after my sleep in, passed my hero on the way he would have enjoyed a two session and was done by 10. Now apart from Chrispy where have you other Queenslanders been, given up?

Al G
NSW, 7663 posts
17 Sep 2016 1:22PM
Thumbs Up

Went for a couple of little one's this morning with one other longboarder,magic day,water is a bit on the chilly side.Must admit I've been a bit lazy lately
but it was great to have a paddle!..

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"Where did you surf today?" started by Simondo