Where did you surf today?

Created by Simondo > 9 months ago, 23 Mar 2013
MickPC
8266 posts
18 Dec 2016 2:44PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..
Small again today but still fun. Thought I would take to the water for my first effort with a water housing. Very hard to get things in focus but managed a few shots. Its a super wide angle lens - 16mm so I need to get closer. Will keep working on it

Some good pics there...photo's taken from the water are very difficult to take. You need to place yourself in the right position which constantly shifts & somehow focus on getting the shot also...its exhausting even in conditions this size. You did well

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
18 Dec 2016 4:48PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
thePup said..
Wind chaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaange you farken ripper

Its ON Pup just spent 3 hours with the chippie,awesome.

vanders1
QLD, 3809 posts
18 Dec 2016 5:06PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

thePup said..
Wind chaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaange you farken ripper

Its ON Pup just spent 3 hours with the chippie,awesome.

While some of us work.........

thePup
13831 posts
19 Dec 2016 6:16AM
Thumbs Up

Interesting surf this morning - greeted with the low tide , big tow geez it was fast too .... curling up nicely some of them , scored a few but saw a silver platter fly past my ears on one ... funny thing was it had my arse sitting in the middle of it garnished with Parsley & a lovely Pup Jous ah good to have a decent wave

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
19 Dec 2016 9:33AM
Thumbs Up

So where did you surf Pup Kirra and I cant understand what your talking about after "greeted by low tide"

thePup
13831 posts
19 Dec 2016 7:50AM
Thumbs Up

I did .... think it was low tide about half an hour after I went out mate - knee deep out at the bank , mid tide will be good mate

MickPC
8266 posts
19 Dec 2016 9:32AM
Thumbs Up

Did the early expecting more, heaps smaller than expected. Good to get wet though

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
19 Dec 2016 12:47PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..
Will get some pics soon. Been heaps of rain and surfing mostly so no time for pics . Surf journal makes for interesting reading. Averaging 2.5 surfs a day in 7/10 plus quality. Joy. Only had one decent big day so far but the smaller days have been exceptional bar yesterday when I surfed only once and it was terrible.

Spent lots of time on the board Tux made me trying to dail it in better. On the third set of fins now and it's almost done. When you hit the sweet spot that board flies through the ocean. Amazing board to turn. It likes a bit of chunk / hollow stuff to really get going. Then it's an absolute beast of a board very different to the Evo that's for sure.

Glad your scoring and the board is working....

asea
QLD, 5511 posts
20 Dec 2016 8:34AM
Thumbs Up

Surfed Macs bank nice waves but the crowd did my head in then off to kirra and Pup had just got out.

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
20 Dec 2016 8:38AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
asea said..
Surfed Macs bank nice waves but the crowd did my head in then off to kirra and Pup had just got out.

Good stuff THEPREZ

thePup
13831 posts
20 Dec 2016 6:45AM
Thumbs Up

Was a bloody good way to kick the day off .... down on yesterdays size but still reeling off some clean stuff if ya picked it right , geez I even got a sneaky left in .... dunno how but it just unfolded so I snatched it farken tow got me a couple of times too ah God's backyard

Get a big fat ripe Mango up you Prez yehaaaaa tomoz again cock

bazz61
QLD, 3570 posts
20 Dec 2016 12:36PM
Thumbs Up

some nice ones mid morning as the tide filled , BB , glassy, swell not quite straight...fun size ...

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
20 Dec 2016 12:45PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
bazz61 said...
some nice ones mid morning as the tide filled , BB , glassy, swell not quite straight...fun size ...

Nice one Bazz,you da man

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
20 Dec 2016 12:22PM
Thumbs Up

Surfed snaps through lm and a bit for a while. I did not see the prez.

Cracked the ****s and went for a wee drive and found such a fun bank with a old tripper on it. Beautiful fun in the water...

After reading Bazzas report I wish I stayed home ....but it was very rubbish early when I checked it

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
20 Dec 2016 2:39PM
Thumbs Up

Bazz is still da man sorry Chrispy

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
20 Dec 2016 12:59PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said...
Bazz is still da man sorry Chrispy

I know

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
20 Dec 2016 3:06PM
Thumbs Up

Did you see da prez strutting his thing on the points today Chrispy I heard he was out there.

MickPC
8266 posts
20 Dec 2016 1:21PM
Thumbs Up

First 2 hours big & blowy offshore, last 3 hours wind dropped right off for one of the best days of the year with only a few out

asea
QLD, 5511 posts
20 Dec 2016 3:21PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..
Did you see da prez strutting his thing on the points today Chrispy I heard he was out there.

I was there 0600 not strutting anything just sitting wide waiting for the 2 wave bombs that come through, i needed a few blockers out there today. Saw no one i knew.

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
20 Dec 2016 4:02PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
asea said..

Macaha said..

I was there 0600 not strutting anything just sitting wide waiting for the 2 wave bombs that come through, i needed a few blockers out there today. Saw no one i knew.

Two good waves mate thats why your the PREZ like da man

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
20 Dec 2016 2:08PM
Thumbs Up

I have been told by numerous people how good my local was....***

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
20 Dec 2016 4:17PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said...

Ya got to start hanging with Bazz, he is da man

bazz61
QLD, 3570 posts
20 Dec 2016 4:36PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

chrispy said...

Ya got to start hanging with Bazz, he is da man

You just keep WORKN Mac & we will report on what YA MISSN....

thePup
13831 posts
20 Dec 2016 3:46PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macaha said..

asea said..

Macaha said..

Two good waves mate thats why your the PREZ like da man

Two Cooly stalwarts confirmed The Asea ..... Longboard HP Guruswami , He of the Sublime Dropknee , Lord of the Pie (2 sauces please Luv cheers) , Keeper of No board longer than six months toot sweet yeehaaa thank ya mutha for the rabbits ..... took one bewdy at Rainbow

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
20 Dec 2016 7:31PM
Thumbs Up

Chrispy this the link I was talking about,you got lucky champ.

www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/nocookies?a=A.flavipes

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
21 Dec 2016 9:32AM
Thumbs Up

Bad winds this morning. Stink. Bit more swell though so thats good. Been fun the last few days even with the weak swell. Had some rippers

SP
10979 posts
21 Dec 2016 6:49AM
Thumbs Up

Macaha said...
Chrispy this the link I was talking about,you got lucky champ.

www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/nocookies?a=A.flavipes

Just another day in the ocean during summer on the east coast...

asea
QLD, 5511 posts
21 Dec 2016 8:57AM
Thumbs Up

Got there early wind got up early so no go there is something about the Kirra car park Pup was there

Macaha
QLD, 21900 posts
21 Dec 2016 9:44AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
asea said...
Got there early wind got up early so no go there is something about the Kirra car park Pup was there

There's a lot of grass to p-ss on at K

thePup
13831 posts
21 Dec 2016 8:09AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
asea said..

Listen here Cock get a big fat Banora Point Mudcrab up you a spicy Chili Mango Sauce instead of them evil Pies up you Old Cock A-game tomoz champion rain will flatten the farker hopefully yehaaaaa

But yes it was farken horrible out there mate just farken horrible

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"Where did you surf today?" started by Simondo